FlyMIA From United States of America, joined Jun 2001, 7317 posts, RR: 6 Posted (5 years 10 months 1 week 3 days 15 hours ago) and read 2317 times:
So if you could have any job in the world what would be your top ten picks?
Here are mine:
1. US Senator
2. US Federal Agent (US Marshall, DEA, FBI)
3. Commercial Airline Pilot (AA 777)
4. US President
5. Secretary of State US.
6. Professional Basketball Player NBA
7. Travel Channel show host. (One of the host that travels the world for free)
8. International Journalist for a large News Corporation
9. Cruise Ship Captain
10. Supreme Court Justice.
So what would your top ten be?
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)
Lincoln From United States of America, joined Nov 2004, 3887 posts, RR: 8
Reply 4, posted (5 years 10 months 1 week 3 days 11 hours ago) and read 2219 times:
I'm actually rather happy with the job I have now. Would love a little bit more money (I think I'm worth it ) but I control my own schedule, I do something I enjoy, no two days are exactly the same and I get to travel fairly frequently -- but whithout the regularity of an airline pilot (which I think would kill me).
The power of a political position (Sen., President, etc) would be nice -- and it would be nice if some of the things that were wrong with this country finally got fixed -- but I don't like people or public attention enough.
I honestly can't think of 10 other things I'd rather be doing at the moment.
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile
AGM100 From United States of America, joined Dec 2003, 5407 posts, RR: 17
Reply 5, posted (5 years 10 months 1 week 3 days 6 hours ago) and read 2148 times:
These are mine ..
1. Spec Ops Helo driver US Army / Navy MC / Brits / (I probably imagine it better than it is)
2. USAF A-10 driver
3. NCAA DIV I College Football coach , SEC... You win you are a god.
4. MLB Manger
5. Reporter . International military affairs ...
6. My Job , its good
7. Photographer , Nat GEO , Time , Smithsonian , AWST
8. US State department adviser , ambassador , foreign station chief.
9. US Navy Carrier / Ticonderoga Captain.
10. US Mil General / Admiral /JCS
ClassicLover From Ireland, joined Mar 2004, 4715 posts, RR: 22
Reply 11, posted (5 years 10 months 1 week 3 days 3 hours ago) and read 2078 times:
Ten for me...
- CEO of Qantas
- Air Traffic Controller (RAAF or Civilian)
- Character Actor
- Fleet Procurement for an airline
- Prime Minister of Australia
- Movie Director
- Movie Reviewer
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!
AA757MIA From United States of America, joined May 2008, 271 posts, RR: 0
Reply 16, posted (5 years 10 months 1 week 2 days 20 hours ago) and read 1984 times:
Sports, Sports, Sports... You get pay to do what you love, stay in good shape, own trainer, doctor, etc.
1. World class swimmer - Team USA!.
2. Football player - AC Milan
3. Baseball player - playing for the A's haha
5. Basketball player - playing for the heat
6. Tennis player
7. Ping pong player
8. Volleyball player
9. Hockey player
While I wouldn't mind making A-Rod type money, think more like the next Scott Fletcher (if anyone else remembers the Rangers from the late 1980s) Seriously, that's what I wanted to do since I was about 5. Ok, so sometimes I wanted to play third like Steve Buechele and I may be better suited to play second like Jeff Kunkel, but still...
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."
FighterPilot From Canada, joined Jun 2005, 1418 posts, RR: 22
Reply 24, posted (5 years 10 months 6 days 5 hours ago) and read 1722 times:
-Capt. for a 705 Operator
3. DJ -Probably Techno/Trance
6. NHL Hockey Player
7. Heavy Equipment Operator -Operating Excavators Or Logging Equipment.
8. Business Owner
9. Fly-In-Fishing Lodge Owner
*Insert Sound Of GE90 Spooling Up Here*
: Santa Claus with a real flying sled.