Christianbothe From Germany, joined Jan 2000, 124 posts, RR: 0 Posted (14 years 8 months 3 weeks 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 1354 times:
Ok, more trivia questions. The topic is the Solar System.
1.: Name all planets of the Solar System that have no moon (2/5)
2.: Who discovered the planet Uranus? (3/5)
3.: What time does it take for a light beam to travel from the earth to the moon? (1/5)
4.: What is the name of Pluto`s moon? (1/5)
5.: Name all planets and moons in the Solar System that have active volcanoes (3/5)
6.: What is the Big Red Spot? (1/5)
7.: Who discovered the 4 biggest moons of Jupiter? (2/5)
8.: Why can we on our planet only see one side of the moon and never the other? (2/5)
9.: Why is it impossible for human beings to live on the planet Venus (a little help: there are three reasons) (4/5)
And the 500.000 Euro question:
(Answer quick, your prize is losing worth every minute! )
10.: What was the name of the first probe to visit a comet and why was this name chosen? (5/5)
CPDC10-30 From United Kingdom, joined Feb 2000, 4897 posts, RR: 22
Reply 2, posted (14 years 8 months 3 weeks 2 days 9 hours ago) and read 1333 times:
1. Mercury and Venus
2. No idea
3. About one second
5. Earth, Mars,... forgot the others
6. A giant, permanent storm on Jupiter
7. Galileo? Not sure...
8. Because the rotation of the earth and the moon are synchronized
9. Way too hot, atmosphere of mostly CO2, no water etc.
10. Sorry, no idea again.
Crjmech From United States of America, joined Jun 2000, 260 posts, RR: 1
Reply 3, posted (14 years 8 months 3 weeks 2 days 8 hours ago) and read 1335 times:
1) Mercury and Venus
2) William Herschel
3) 1.28 seconds (using 299,792.5 km/s as c and the Moon's average distance from Earth- 384,400 km)
5) Earth and the Jovian moon, Io.
6) A very large storm in the atmosphere of Jupiter.
8) Because the Moon rotates once for every revolution it makes around the Earth, making one side of it always visible.
9) Atmosphere comprised mainly of CO2, surface temp. around 460 degrees C and surface pressure around 90 times Earth sea level.
10) Giotto? Don't know why.
Thou shalt mind thine altitude,lest the ground reach up and smite thee.
Christianbothe From Germany, joined Jan 2000, 124 posts, RR: 0
Reply 4, posted (14 years 8 months 2 weeks 6 days 17 hours ago) and read 1325 times:
1.: All planets of the Solar System that have no moon are: Mercury and Venus.
2.: The planet Uranus was discovered by William Herschel.
3.: A light beam needs about one second to get from earth to moon.
4.: Pluto`s moon is called Charon.
5.: There are active volcanoes on Earth, Io and Triton, which is a moon of Neptun.
6.: The Big Red Spot is a large and very old storm.
7.: Galileo discovered the 4 biggest moons of Jupiter.
8.: During one turn around the earth, the moon makes one rotation.
9.: On Venus the temperature is too high, the pressure is too high and there is no oxygen.
10.: The first probe to visit a comet was Giotto. It was named after the Italian painter Gitotto who was the first who painted the Star of Bethlehem as a comet.