oly720man From United Kingdom, joined May 2004, 6758 posts, RR: 11 Posted (4 years 7 months 2 weeks 1 day 3 hours ago) and read 2063 times:
Amazing what can go on in a restaurant kitchen
Environmental health bosses have launched a "curry crackdown" following a spate of injuries from exploding tandoori ovens.
Only a small percentage had working ignitions and employees "routinely" lit ovens with burning serviettes.
"The cylindrical design of the tandoor with an ignition source at the bottom, means that when gas builds up inside and an employee leans in to light it, the oven effectively becomes like a cannon."
themidge From United Kingdom, joined Jan 2010, 10 posts, RR: 0
Reply 1, posted (4 years 7 months 1 week 4 days 17 hours ago) and read 1799 times:
That's quite funny for the explosion factor - explosions are great at the right place at the right time. I guess it's never the right place or the right time for a tandoori oven! Interesting at how few were properly maintained. There was another story in the news recently about a cooker that caused carbon monoxide poisoning because the grill door was closed. Pretty crazy.