Sponsor Message:
Non Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Dave Clark Headset Experts Please  
User currently offlinejetjack74 From United States of America, joined Jul 2003, 7510 posts, RR: 49
Posted (6 years 1 week 2 days 21 hours ago) and read 1897 times:
Support Airliners.net - become a First Class Member!

I have a pair of Dave Clark headsets that is for two-way radio use, but I would like to know if I can change the power jack to a low-impedance(military) jack for use for ground ops with the Air Force. Can that be done if I got one of the comm/nav people to change it or is something else about this headset prevents it being as such?

Made from jets!
2 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineDL021 From United States of America, joined May 2004, 11454 posts, RR: 72
Reply 1, posted (6 years 1 week 1 day 4 hours ago) and read 1785 times:
Support Airliners.net - become a First Class Member!

I know a guy who said he did just that, but he fixed it so that his cans didn't work in his airplane. He also said they told him that he'd voided his warranty (not that it's much use anyway after the initial period).

There ought to be, however, a switch you can get similar to the ones in use with the MSA/COMTACs set up for two way comms. Check their websites with Peltor and MSA/Sordin. Look for the switches that are usually vest mounted. I don't know how much room you have on your equipment vest, or if you wear it in flight, but it's an idea.

Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?
User currently offlinedw747400 From United States of America, joined Aug 2001, 1276 posts, RR: 1
Reply 2, posted (6 years 1 week 23 hours ago) and read 1705 times:

I've seen several "low impedance" converters sold for headsets.

http://www.pilot-usa.com/adaptercables.htm has multiple versions for different configurations and plugs. Check out the PA-87.

I think it would be a lot easier than trying to actually convert the headset, and it will still work great in your GA aircraft this way. Of course, its something else to carry and they require a 9V battery to run the converter, but if it works (I've been told they do) it sounds like exactly what you need.

[Edited 2010-05-20 18:41:05]

CFI--Certfied Freakin Idiot
Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
Any Auto Body Experts Here? Help Please. posted Fri Jun 28 2002 04:08:41 by Mirrodie
Please Help Me Out With Photo Contest. posted Mon Mar 8 2010 08:16:55 by preelude
Kitchen Aid Appliances, Opinions Please...... posted Sun Feb 21 2010 09:35:36 by KiwiRob
Help With Connecting SatNav To Internet Please posted Wed Feb 10 2010 02:50:41 by 747438
Please Visit The Viet Nam Virtual Wall Sight .. posted Thu Feb 4 2010 11:51:33 by AGM100
Documentary: Please Remove Your Shoes posted Sat Jan 30 2010 19:17:58 by Elite
Buying A Headset posted Sat Jan 16 2010 14:32:22 by JonnyBekkestad
European PS3 Owners: Please Help posted Wed Dec 16 2009 12:49:16 by Mika
Pimp My Pilot Please. posted Thu Nov 12 2009 19:05:30 by Mirrodie
Any Pick Up Truck Experts Here? Need Your Help. posted Tue Oct 27 2009 00:16:14 by Varigb707