Sponsor Message:
Non Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Incredible Video Of Osaka  
User currently offlineAaron747 From Japan, joined Aug 2003, 8184 posts, RR: 26
Posted (3 years 9 months 4 days 17 hours ago) and read 1967 times:

By far the best video I've ever seen of a Japanese city from the air - the blade runner style of metropolis just going on forever and ever until touchdown in the urbanized surroundings of Itami airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4A9tIgn1k


If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
11 replies: All unread, jump to last
 
User currently offlineFly2HMO From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 1, posted (3 years 9 months 4 days 17 hours ago) and read 1953 times:

Really reminds me of the view when approaching MEX. Buildings... buildings... buildings... steep 110 deg left turn... buildings getting closer, and closer, and closer... oh shiii... *gasp* a runway! *touchdown*     

EDIT: great example http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircra...ufthansa_Aviation_Video-16636.html

[Edited 2011-01-23 10:35:23]

User currently offlineAGM100 From United States of America, joined Dec 2003, 5407 posts, RR: 17
Reply 2, posted (3 years 9 months 4 days 16 hours ago) and read 1907 times:

Very good video .... man what a metropolis indeed. !

I love the name Osaka .... always have for some reason . I named my band Osaka in the late 80's it just sounded cool ! And our drummer had a rising sun on his Bass Head! 



You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !
User currently offlineOA412 From United States of America, joined Dec 2000, 5306 posts, RR: 25
Reply 3, posted (3 years 9 months 4 days 13 hours ago) and read 1839 times:

Wow, great find Aaron, thanks for sharing.


Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
User currently offlinewexfordflyer From Ireland, joined Jun 2009, 550 posts, RR: 0
Reply 4, posted (3 years 9 months 4 days 13 hours ago) and read 1818 times:

Yowsa!! That's kinda mindboggling. Thanks for sharing.


Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.
User currently offlinecomorin From United States of America, joined May 2005, 4900 posts, RR: 16
Reply 5, posted (3 years 9 months 4 days 8 hours ago) and read 1738 times:

Reminds me of the approach into Sao Paulo - endless rows of buildings upon buildings as far as the eye can see - one of the World's largest megacities.

User currently offlinebookishaviator From Australia, joined Jun 2009, 246 posts, RR: 0
Reply 6, posted (3 years 9 months 4 days 4 hours ago) and read 1665 times:

Awesome find - thanks for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent in Osaka last year and the video got me feeling all nostalgic for the place!


When I die, when I die, I'll rot. But when I live, when I live, I'll give it all I've got.
User currently offlineMadameConcorde From San Marino, joined Feb 2007, 10906 posts, RR: 37
Reply 7, posted (3 years 9 months 4 days 2 hours ago) and read 1626 times:

Good find.

My take for the long awaited new B-787 inaugural first commercial flight with ANA:
Haneda to Itami and return.

  

I give it 90% chances the other 10% for:
Haneda-Kansai airport (KIX) and return.

  



There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde
User currently offlinealuminumbird777 From United States of America, joined Jan 2011, 8 posts, RR: 0
Reply 8, posted (3 years 9 months 3 days 14 hours ago) and read 1539 times:

GREAT video. This is an excellent overview of Osaka.

I used to live in Kawachi-Nagano, a suburb of Osaka! I have flown out of both Itami (before Kansai opened) and Kansai! My family would sometimes go watch planes just before the runway at Itami! Check out a.net pictures of Itami. GREAT place for spotting! Kansai also is great for spotting.

Anyone spending time in Osaka needs to also visit the Modern Transportation Museum. It showcases the history of Japan's train history. It has some excellent train exhibits as well as a couple small aircraft.


User currently offlineRussianJet From Belgium, joined Jul 2007, 7714 posts, RR: 21
Reply 9, posted (3 years 9 months 3 days 13 hours ago) and read 1514 times:

Very cool. Kind of like going through Tokyo on the train - the cityscape seems to never, ever end!


✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈
User currently offlineGoblin211 From United States of America, joined Jun 2010, 1209 posts, RR: 0
Reply 10, posted (3 years 8 months 3 weeks 6 days 16 hours ago) and read 1356 times:

EPIC EPIC EPIC!!!!!!!!!! Thanks sooooooooo much. It really makes me wonder how people can be on laptops or sleeping or whatever with a truly staggaring view like that out the window.


From the airport with love
User currently offlineAeroflot777 From Russia, joined Mar 2004, 3011 posts, RR: 26
Reply 11, posted (3 years 8 months 3 weeks 6 days 7 hours ago) and read 1296 times:

The view is absolutely stunning. I'm flying to Osaka on Friday from SFO. Can't wait to explore this city!!

Aeroflot777


Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
Video Of Health Reform Whitehouse.gov posted Thu Jan 20 2011 21:50:09 by propilot83
Must Watch Video Of US 1549 Hudson River Landing.. posted Wed Nov 3 2010 21:51:58 by USAir330
Little Big Berlin (Video Of The Month Nominee) posted Thu Sep 9 2010 18:51:20 by NoUFO
Dubai Releases Video Of Assassination Team posted Tue Feb 16 2010 13:30:30 by RJpieces
Cool Video Of Oasis Of The Seas posted Sat Nov 28 2009 13:34:33 by Mortyman
Post A Video Of Yourself, Inflight posted Sun Oct 11 2009 09:06:21 by F.pier
Stunning Video Of The San Francisco Area posted Fri Sep 25 2009 20:20:30 by Aeroflot777
Official Video Of New RR Ghost Leaked posted Wed Aug 12 2009 13:23:31 by NA
G20 Death: Video Of Police Assault posted Wed Apr 8 2009 05:23:23 by Racko
Show Us A Video Of What Hicks Are In Your Country posted Wed Apr 8 2009 03:21:32 by UAL747