Big777jet From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (13 years 3 months 1 week 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 1564 times:
I think some are still laws and most of them were in the past old laws but it is so stupid laws! This is the most stupid law: In North Dakota laws: It's illegal when you are fall asleep with your shoes on!
Click this http://www.dumblaws.com select United States and click state you want to read it. It must be laughing so hard! Enjoy reading and laughing.
Eric505 From United States of America, joined Nov 1999, 592 posts, RR: 4
Reply 2, posted (13 years 3 months 1 week 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 1545 times:
From South Carolina -
- Railroad companies may be held liable in some instances for scaring horses.
- A permit must be obtained to fire a missile
- A person must be eighteen years old to play a pinball machine
The above have links to prove their so called validity
Others that can't be proved
- It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
- Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.
- It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
- It is illegal to give or receive oral sex in South Carolina
- It is considered an offense to get a tattoo.
Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life
Big777jet From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 3, posted (13 years 3 months 1 week 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 1533 times:
That's a really really stupid! In Oklahoma, If you ever go to Ada, Oklahoma Don't wear New York Jets clothing if you did so police will arrest and put you in a jail! What's wrong with town of Ada? What are they against New York Jets?
Hepkat From Austria, joined Aug 2000, 2341 posts, RR: 2
Reply 6, posted (13 years 3 months 1 week 2 days 5 hours ago) and read 1472 times:
I read a book about some of these laws, they can be really ridiculous! Most of them were made in the "olden" days when we weren't so enlightened and still ruled by religious convictions. The good news is that more and more these old and useless laws are being erased by the courts. There was a case the other day in Montana, I believe, where a canoist was arrested for cursing, because there's a 150 year old law that states it's illegal to curse in front of women and children. This canoist was canoing down the river when he cano overturned and he let out a string of curse words while a woman and her two kids just so happened to be standing by. The woman was so offended that she took him to court after finding about the law. He was convicted under the law but then an upper court overturned the ruling by declaring the law unconstitutional.