Canadi>nBoy From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 4, posted (11 years 5 months 1 week 2 days 19 hours ago) and read 6902 times:
In terms of the past, here are my "votes":
1. Vivien Leigh. Classic, timeless British/Irish beauty.
2. Ava Gardner. Sultry, seductive, "primal" beauty.
3. Grace Kelly. For those like Alfred Hitchcock, who love blondes!
4. Maureen O'Hara. Aaaaah, the red haired, green eyed Irish Colleen.
5. Joan Crawford. Don't laugh. Take a look at photos of her in the
mid 1920's and early 1930's. This woman was a knockout! Those
huge eyes, the great bone structure.
To be very honest, I find that present day actresses may be pretty, or
even very attractive, but I just don't see the CHARACTER in their faces as I see in the actresses of the 20's, 30's and 40's. Todays actresses seem to be cut from the same cookie cutter, they all look somewhat the same to me.
Mind you, Angelina Jolie is an exceptionally attractive woman to me, because her looks are so different, a little off-beat. I like that.
Canadi>nBoy From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 16, posted (11 years 5 months 1 week 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 6743 times:
Aaah! How could I have forgotten Diane Lane and Rachel Ward! Great pics of both these ladies. I agree about Diane Lane, she is like a fine wine that improves with age. She is also a very fine actress. I would be great to see her in more films. I don't think she has "peaked" yet. And Rachel Ward in
"The Thorn Birds" was out of this world!