737doctor From United States of America, joined Mar 2001, 1332 posts, RR: 38 Posted (12 years 7 months 5 days 22 hours ago) and read 1547 times:
Have you ever seen the episode of Cheers in which Cliff goes on Jeopardy? Part of the the gag is that the categories are right up his alley (Beer, Famous Mothers, US Postal Service, etc.). Norm remarks that it is Cliff's "dream board" or something to that effect. At the end of Double Jeopardy he has a ridiculous lead on the other players, but he wagers it all and loses in Final Jeopardy.
So what categories would be on your "dream board"? Or, in the tradition of the 'innuendo' threads, guess what the dream categories would be for some of the other users.
World War II
Aviation (of course)
Redngold From United States of America, joined Mar 2000, 6907 posts, RR: 43
Reply 4, posted (12 years 7 months 5 days 18 hours ago) and read 1504 times:
1. Bad things that happened on the way to the Jeopardy! audition
2. Bad locations to hold Jeopardy! auditions
3. Bad questions administered during the Jeopardy! audition
4. Bad stuff said by Alex Trebek at the Jeopardy! audition
5. Bad ways to tell someone they flunked the Jeopardy! audition
6. Bad things that happened on the way back from the Jeopardy! audition
1. What is a late train? What is a crazy cab driver?
2. What is a TV station headquarters in the middle of a forest? What is a TV station headquarters on a main highway with no sidewalk? What is a TV station headquarters with no place for parents to sit? What is a TV station headquarters with no cafeteria, few vending machines, and no hired caterer?
3. What is "This many pieces are in a full silver setting."
4. What is "I'm just here to babysit you while they grade the tests."
5. What is "you had to answer 47 out of 50 correctly , and you answered 46 correctly."
6. What is a delayed train? What is a drug bust at Penn Station at the top of your track stairs on arrival? What is another horrible cab ride? What is a whole day wasted? What is an unexcused absence from school?
These were all experienced by yours truly for a Teen Jeopardy! audition in 1991.