Airsicknessbag From Germany, joined Aug 2000, 4723 posts, RR: 34
Reply 5, posted (11 years 9 months 2 weeks 1 day 14 hours ago) and read 1771 times:
Sevilla is an absolutely stunning city. Musts are:
- the Cathedral with the Giralda (=tower)
- the Palacio Arzobispal (the Archbishop´s palace, right next the Giralda)
- the Alcázar (royal palace) with its gardens and the Archivo de Indias (directly next to the alcazar, if I remember correctly)
- the Torre de Oro (Golden Tower, octangular)
- the EXPO92 site on the Isla de la Cartuja. The area is basically abandonned and in a decaying state, but the beauty of the pavillions is still visible. Go there before they decide to just tear it all down. Plus, I liked the kind of morbid atmosphere there.
- the Plaza España
- the University which used to be THE tobacco factory
- the Alamillo bridge
The Catedral, Giralda, Alcázar and Archivo de Indias are UNESCO world heritage sites, btw.
Plus, if you have a day to spare, go to Córdoba. The Mosque/Cathdral alone is worth the trip, but there´s lots more. I used a regional slow train on one way, which gave me the opportunity to view the landscape, and the high speed AVE on the other way, which is a great experience in itself. 200 mph is FUN.
Oh, and if you have even more time to spend, the Alhambra in Granada is awesome too, but that can´t be done in a day trip. (If you have the choice between Granada and Málaga, take Granada.)
Aah, writing this brought back the memories from my trip there three years ago. My first and only 727 flight...
TriStar500 From Germany, joined Nov 1999, 4693 posts, RR: 43
Reply 8, posted (11 years 9 months 1 week 6 days 13 hours ago) and read 1745 times:
Malaga itself is pretty ugly, so I suggest you should go to Granada or Sevilla instead. Very highly recommended by me is a day trip by car through the scenic Sierra Nevada or the Alpujarras mountain range.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
Rickster From Austria, joined Dec 2000, 653 posts, RR: 4
Reply 9, posted (11 years 9 months 1 week 6 days 12 hours ago) and read 1737 times:
Airsicknessbag has already said anything about Seville, so i don´t know anything more to add.
You won´t get bored there. You also could take one of the highspeed trains to Granada and Catiz.
Next time don´t miss to visit Madrid and Barcelona, but this is another story