Yyz717 From Canada, joined Sep 2001, 16457 posts, RR: 55
Reply 1, posted (12 years 5 months 2 days 19 hours ago) and read 2724 times:
11. Carl Icahn's name is in the visitor's log at HQ reception,
12. Frank Lorenzo is seen having lunch with the CFO,
13. The airline decides to switch from a Boeing fleet to an Airbus fleet (I'm kidding),
14. The airline orders both the 73G and the A320,
15. The airline begins a low-cost "lite" subsidiary,
16. Customers provide feedback that Ryanair has better inflight service,
17. When getting bumped up to first class is more of a hassle than a gift,
18. When the CEO talks about ordering the 777 soon when the largest aircraft currently in your fleet is the 737-200.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.
MxCtrlr From United States of America, joined Nov 2001, 2485 posts, RR: 33
Reply 4, posted (12 years 5 months 2 days 18 hours ago) and read 2685 times:
Hey, it may sound funny but I actually use the "No more coffee service" as a yard stick. Every airline I have ever worked for that went under, about 6-12 months before going bye-bye, stopped the office coffee service "to cut costs". Its kind of my barometer for how things are going...
A few others...
Maintenance is unable to get spare parts for the aircraft (have to rob the inbound aircraft to complete the check on the outbound aircraft).
Ground crews cannot get the ground support equipment repaired.
Company demands that all employees attend classes in resume development (they actually did this at PA about 4 months before we went under).
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(
BNE From Australia, joined Mar 2000, 3202 posts, RR: 11
Reply 23, posted (12 years 5 months 3 hours ago) and read 2403 times:
40. They stop serving meals on flights.
41. The insurance company won't even honour any of the tickets that the airline is selling.
42. Their competitor doesn't even want to buy them for $1.00
43. They say that they have enough cash reserves to see out any short term committments.
44. The airlines logo appears with other now defunct airline logos. Airways May 2003 Page 57.