DeltaSFO From United States of America, joined Nov 2000, 2488 posts, RR: 22
Reply 1, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 1 day 8 hours ago) and read 661 times:
2)Within City Limits... LA, SD, SJ, SF, Oak
4) World Series, Candlestick Park, A's vs. Giants... I was there.
5) b (a wild guess on my part)
6) something to do with traffic in Southen California
7) Santa Monica Pier
8) Four. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, San Mateo Bridge, Dumbarton Bridge. There is also an old rail bridge just south of the dumbarton.
9) Oh god.... let's see.... SFO, OAK, SJC, FAT, SMF, Redding, So. Lake Tahoe, Monterey, SBA, LAX, SNA, BUR, ONT, SAN, Bakersfield, .... that's about all I can think of...
10) Mt. Whitney is the highest and that's all I know.
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.
USAFHummer From United States of America, joined May 2000, 10685 posts, RR: 53
Reply 3, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 1 day 8 hours ago) and read 652 times:
I havent looked at other answers...
2. Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, Fresno??
3. San Diego?
4. 1989 World Series-Athletics vs. Giants (remember watching it on TV even though I was 4 yrs. old)
6. Something to do with lighthouses??
9. San Mateo Bridge, San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge (I-80)...
10. Good one with mountains Trvlr the only one I know is Mt. Whitney, 14,494 ft. but I know California has 14 "14ers"
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru
LOT767-300ER From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 5, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 1 day 7 hours ago) and read 642 times:
i will now attempt this great challange and i take the oath that i did not look at any other posts!
#4-Candlestick park, World series Giants vs. A's
#7-Santa Monica Pier
#8-4 bridges according to me and they are the Golden Gate, SFO-OAK bridge, San Mateo bridge, Dumbarton bridge.
#9-OAK,SJ,SFO,LAX,SD,Fresno,Monterrey, Bakersfield, Ontario, San Bernardino, Long Beach, Palm Springs, Redding, Merced, Eureka, Santa barbara, Riverside, Oceanside, San Luis Obispo, Santa Ana, Oxnard, Pomona, Sacramento, Stockton, Modesto, El Centro, Twentynine Palms, Crescent City, Half Moon Bay?
#10-Mt. Whitney 14,495 , Williamson 14,375 ,White Mt. Peak 14,246 , North Palisade 14,242 ,Sill 14,153 ,Russell 14,088 i think thats all.
OH-LGA From Denmark, joined Oct 1999, 1436 posts, RR: 19
Reply 6, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 1 day 6 hours ago) and read 637 times:
2) um... LA, SD, SJ, SF, Oakland...
3) San Diego
4) Scheduled to happen? More like underway! The "Battle of the Bay" World Series between the San Francisco Giants and the Oakland A's.
6) A sig alert is issued by the California Highway Patrol when a major accident closes the highway down so they can get it taken care of. Usually a Lifeline helicopter will come in because of injuries.
7) Santa Monica Pier
8) There's one that leaves right from San Rafael... if you're counting it they are:
Richmond - San Rafael Bridge (Hwy. 580)
Golden Gate Bridge (Hwys 1 & 101)
San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge (Hwy. 80)
San Mateo Bridge
9) SFO, OAK, SJC, LAX, BUR, SNA, Long Beach, SAN, FAT, Monterrey, Bakersfield, San Bernadino, Redding, Merced, Santa Rosa (STS), Eureka, Arcata, Modesto, Stockton, Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Twentynine Palms, Cresent City, Santa Ana, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo
10) Mt. Whitney (been on top of this one!) 14,494 ft, Mt. Williamson 14,375, White Mt. Peak 14,246
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.
EIPremier From United States of America, joined Sep 2000, 1545 posts, RR: 1
Reply 7, posted (13 years 5 months 2 weeks 1 day 6 hours ago) and read 631 times:
1) Sesquicentennial of the entrance to the union would be sometime in September of 2000. But, the celebration has be on-going since 1998, when Mexico ceded California to the US, and nine days later, gold was found at Sutter's Mill.
2) From memory, LA (around 3.4 million), San Diego (1.3m) San Jose (875k), San Fran (735k), j Oakland (420k).
3) San Diego (where else? )
4) Candlestick Park (A's vs. Giants)
5) Well, it's plenty, so I'm guessing d or e
6) the sig alert is issued by the CHP when there is a serious problem on a state highway. This is not as common in No Cal as it is in So Cal (gridlock city).
7) Santa Monica Pier
8) Richmond-San Rafael (cantilever sections on both ends)
Transbay Bridge (this is really two double-deck bridges connected by a tunnel through Yuerba Buena Island). There is one double-span suspension section, and then a cantilever and truss section on the Oakland side.
The San Mateo bridge connects to Hayward and it's a really boring low bridge with two higher continuous box and plate girder sections on both ends to allow ships to pass.
The DUMBarton bridge and adjacent railway bridge (portions of it are left swinged out for vessles to pass) comprise the rest.
9) This question is a waste of my time I'll go back and look and see if I can find any that haven't been named.
10) Well, to be truthful, I know Mt. Whitney is 14,494 (highest in lower 48) and Mt. Shasta is something like 14,162. There are a bunch of other peaks in the Sierra that get that high. If I consult my World Almanac, it says Mt. Williamson, White Mt. Peak, and North Palisade Peak are between the two I already mentioned.