Sponsor Message:
Non Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
EU Poll: Great Threat To World Peace Is Israel  
User currently offlineB757300 From United States of America, joined Dec 2000, 4114 posts, RR: 22
Posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 21 hours ago) and read 3182 times:

Its so nice to know that anti-Semitism is alive and well in Europe. I thought we took care of this problem almost 60 years ago but I guess we didn't.

http://www.iht.com/ihtsearch.php?id=115858&owner=(IHT)&date=20031031042925

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1076073,00.html

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1067676019994


"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."
146 replies: All unread, showing first 25:
 
User currently offlineEg777er From United Kingdom, joined Feb 2000, 1837 posts, RR: 14
Reply 1, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 21 hours ago) and read 3134 times:

Ah, yet another ignorant right-winger who thinks that people who are anti-Israel are anti-Semitic. The reality could not be further from the truth. It is perfectly possible to disagree with Israel's policies without being anti-Semitic.

Personally I agree with the poll, but with one qualification: "The Arab-Israeli conflict" is the biggest threat to world peace.



User currently offlineRacko From Germany, joined Nov 2001, 4857 posts, RR: 20
Reply 2, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 21 hours ago) and read 3118 times:

"Israeli Ministers and spokesman have also been at pains recently to insist that a definition of modern 'anti-semitism' should include criticism of the way the state of Israel chooses to protect itself, defining that criticism as an overt attack on Israel's survival."

LOL!


User currently offlineAlpha 1 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 3, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 21 hours ago) and read 3119 times:

B757300, you live in such a black and white world. Simply opposing Israel on it's policies isn't anti-semitism, just as simply opposing Bush on his isn't ant-American, or unpatriotic. Some people have legitimate beefs with both. Living in such a black and white world may comfort you, son, but it denies reality.

Having said that, I think it's a load of garbage that Israel is the great threat to world peace. I think that moniker belongs with North Korea these days, not Israel.


User currently offlineJcs17 From United States of America, joined Jun 2001, 8065 posts, RR: 39
Reply 4, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 3108 times:

I don't know. You can bullshit all you want, and tell me that old Europe isn't anti-semetic, but when something like this comes out it says a lot. Israel? Are you kidding me? How about North Korea? How about the conflict between Pakistan and India? How about China? Or the recent crackdown on liberties in Russia?

First of all, I don't see how people could be 'anti-Israel?' I mean, their citizens suffer through a terrorist attack nearly every week. You may not want to call it anti-Semitism, but I think that the fact that Israel is a Jewish state does enter into a lot of people's minds when considering the situation.



America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!
User currently offlineJaysit From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 5, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 3095 times:

North Korea is a hermit kingdom that will eventually fall. India and Pakistan know that nuclear detente is the only way to survive, although both sides make big sounds whenever they need to galvanize local right wing elements. But I agree that the Israel-Palestine conflict is the most serious threat to world peace given the very volatile nature of the middle east and the US involvement there. If the Palestine conflict could be resolved, much of the anti-semitic and anti-US rhetoric and passions could be blunted in the Middle East. It is doubtful if Arab leaders in the Mid East want this to happen because anti-semitism and anti-US clap trap keep them in power. Add to this the fanaticism of the Israeli right wing and you have a horrible formula for the biggest threat to world peace.



User currently offlineZak From Greenland, joined Sep 2003, 1993 posts, RR: 8
Reply 6, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 3087 times:

a few things come to my mind to satisfy your stereotype of the hating anti semite european:

- israel has not signed any wmd non proliferation treaty(unlike countries like iran)
- israel doesnot allow any neutral weapon inspectors check and verify their claims of having no more then/not having any wmds (just like the usa aswell, north korea is under 100x stricter IAEA control then the usa and israel toegether)
- the fact that in israel there is no obvious separation between government and religion, hence israel is about as democratic as iran (i think thats a pretty good comparison since both allow democractic elections within their religious frame)
- israel does not have a constitution based on human rights where everyone is genuinely treated and seen the same but is based on religious and racist ideas differentiating citizen rights based on religion and ethnicity
- israel targets civillian areas on a regular(almost daily) basis with its military with very doubtable outcome, defying any logic or sense for human rights
- israel executes an archaic system of executing known rivals and rebel leaders without proper trial
and these were the ones that came to my mind immediately. i am sure there are many more similar cases.
so why did i post all this?
i think that list shows that there is ample reason for people to be critical of the state of israel and its actions without being anti semite or whatever. it is simply that israel is conducting things in a way that are in many areas as bad as those of the axis of evil, and that it is just as medieval in its decisionmaking processes as countries outlawd as hell on earth by certain media.



10=2
User currently offlineTbar220 From United States of America, joined Feb 2000, 7013 posts, RR: 26
Reply 7, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 19 hours ago) and read 3066 times:

It can be construed as anti-semitism when all the criticism is directed towards the Jewish state and not one word of it is given to the terrorists which are causing this conflict. The Jews have been oppressed for 2000 years, now they've had enough and are fighting back. The country of Israel has existed for barely 55 years and Europeans have the gall to think its the biggest thread to world peace? Well maybe you should tell me why they should let terrorists blast their civilians to bits on the corners of their major cities.

And Zak, your list has so many flaws in it, I will spend more time responding to your post when I have the time, I have to go to class.




NO URLS in signature
User currently offline777236ER From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 8, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 19 hours ago) and read 3052 times:

It can be construed as anti-semitism when all the criticism is directed towards the Jewish state and not one word of it is given to the terrorists which are causing this conflict.

Ah I see, the EU condemns Israel so it's automatically anti-semetic. Just because the EU doesn't kiss Israel's ass both with policy and money doesn't mean the EU is biased in the conflict. If you paid attention you'd see the condemnation of the Palestinian terrorists too.

The Jews have been oppressed for 2000 years, now they've had enough and are fighting back.

This is relevant how?

The country of Israel has existed for barely 55 years and Europeans have the gall to think its the biggest thread to world peace?

Obviously...

Its so nice to know that anti-Semitism is alive and well in Europe.

I could go out with a clipboard in parts of the US and get the same response.

I thought we took care of this problem almost 60 years ago but I guess we didn't.

Couple of "Peacekeepers" would solve the problem once and for all, wouldn't it B757300?


User currently offlineStaffan From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 9, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 19 hours ago) and read 3048 times:

Was it the country Israel or was it the current situation in Israel that was voted as a threat? There is a huge difference.

Staffan


User currently offlineDutchwings From Netherlands, joined Jan 2001, 83 posts, RR: 0
Reply 10, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 19 hours ago) and read 3041 times:

It s true Israel is a threat, or better, mister Sharon. And people who say that 'this says a lot about old-Europe' really do not know what they are talking about. anti-Israel does NOT mean you are anti-Semitism. I think Bush is a bad president, does that make me anti-American??
I don't think so..


User currently offlineTeva From France, joined Jan 2001, 1873 posts, RR: 16
Reply 11, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 18 hours ago) and read 3039 times:

For having been several times to Israel in the past 6 years, and having friends there, I know that the vast majority of the Israelis want peace.
By saying that, I am just anti-Bush and anti Sharon. Not anti American nor anti-Semitist.
Teva



Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con
User currently offlineDavid b. From United States of America, joined Jun 2001, 3148 posts, RR: 5
Reply 12, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 18 hours ago) and read 3033 times:

A better title would be above.


Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight
User currently offlineTeva From France, joined Jan 2001, 1873 posts, RR: 16
Reply 13, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 18 hours ago) and read 3011 times:

Here is an example of why it is difficult to find peace in this beautiful country, as long as people use the excuse of religion to fight:
The place of the Cene, Jesus last supper.
For the Jewish, it was a synagog. Then, the crusaders transformed the place in a church.
When the muslims took over the city, they transformed the church into a mosque.
This place is very small, and the 3 religions claim it. And it is one of the hundreds of examples in the old Jerusalem. As long as Israelis and Palestinians will claim Jerusalem as their capital, I see no solution.
Another example: the dormition church. It is shared by different groups of Christians. But they don't trust each other. That why for the last 400 or 500 years, the keys of this church have been to 2 Muslim families. And for the year 2000 celebration, the Israeli government has not been able to reopen the 2nd door (closed by a wall) Why? because nobody wanted to loose a single square centimeter inside the church. What is the most important? Loose centimeters, then prestige and power, or prevent accidents with large crowds of pilgrims, by having a second exit door?

As you can see, the situation there is not as simple as that.
Teva



Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con
User currently offlineB757300 From United States of America, joined Dec 2000, 4114 posts, RR: 22
Reply 14, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 17 hours ago) and read 2997 times:

It’s good to know that anti-Semitism is alive and well in the U.S. too.


"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."
User currently offlineDc10guy From United States of America, joined Feb 2000, 2685 posts, RR: 6
Reply 15, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 17 hours ago) and read 2973 times:

Before 9/11 I had a lot of sympathy for the Arabs ... Not anymore. I'm on the Jews side. The Jews know what we are only now realizing. I have a great deal of respect for Israel's military and the people of Israel. Some day we will all have to choose sides. I'll take Israel.


Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!
User currently offlineEg777er From United Kingdom, joined Feb 2000, 1837 posts, RR: 14
Reply 16, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 17 hours ago) and read 2973 times:

So now if you're anti-Sharon, you're anti-Semitic as well?

Jesus H. Christ.


User currently offlineManni From South Korea, joined Nov 2001, 4221 posts, RR: 23
Reply 17, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 16 hours ago) and read 2954 times:

Dc10guy,

Funny reply, talk about generalizations.
Just for the fun of it. Care to explain the difference between both 'sides'  Smile/happy/getting dizzy



SUPPORT THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS
User currently offlineDavid b. From United States of America, joined Jun 2001, 3148 posts, RR: 5
Reply 18, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 16 hours ago) and read 2948 times:


HAHA LOL  Big thumbs up

Lovely response B757300  Nuts

[Edited 2003-11-03 22:08:21]


Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight
User currently offlinePHX-LJU From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 19, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 16 hours ago) and read 2943 times:

Here is an important quote from the Guardian article:

"The results appear to be a mark of the widespread disapproval in Europe of the tactics employed by the government of Ariel Sharon during the present intifada."

Remember that it was the Sharon government that unilateraly bombed Syria a few weeks ago. That certainly didn't contribute to regional peace and stability. North Korea, on the other hand, is much farther away from Europe and less likely to affect it directly, hence its lower ranking.

And, if I understand it correctly, the Palestinian Authority was not one of the options given in this poll. If it were there, most Europeans would probably name it as a huge threat to world peace as well. Would that somehow mean that Europeans are anti-Arab?  Yeah sure

Tbar220 wrote:

"The Jews have been oppressed for 2000 years, now they've had enough and are fighting back."

But precisely because Jews have been opressed for 2000 years, they should realize that Israel's treatment of Palestnians is wrong. In fact, many ordinary Israelis already do.

"It can be construed as anti-semitism when all the criticism is directed towards the Jewish state and not one word of it is given to the terrorists which are causing this conflict."

Europe has repeatedly condemned terrorism in Israel. The terrorists' unconscionable behavior, however, does not excuse Israel's destructive policies. Two wrongs simply don't make a right. Unlike the Palestnian authority, Israel claims to be a responsible democracy. Sharon needs to be reminded of that fact.


User currently offlineCfalk From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 20, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 16 hours ago) and read 2944 times:

It can be construed as anti-semitism when all the criticism is directed towards the Jewish state and not one word of it is given to the terrorists which are causing this conflict.

I agree with this statement entirely.

I have a lot of issues with Israel. Many of the things they have done or are doing are incredibly stupid, and some even criminal. But I find it so amazing that Israel is the one that gets all the blame from most international institutions like the U.N.. Palestinian terrorists have been blowing up planes and setting off bombs for decades, and nobody seems to mind.

As long as this imbalance exists, Israel has some justification for thumbing its nose at the international community, such as over the Wall resolution the other week. If people start remembering to criticize both fairly, such justification would largely disappear.

Charles


User currently offlineDc10guy From United States of America, joined Feb 2000, 2685 posts, RR: 6
Reply 21, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 15 hours ago) and read 2937 times:

Wow, Manni if you don't know the difference you shouldn't be in this debate.


Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!
User currently offlineSuperfly From Thailand, joined May 2000, 39921 posts, RR: 75
Reply 22, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 15 hours ago) and read 2935 times:

I agree with this poll 100%.
Israel is responsible for a lot of problems in the Middle-East. If we didn't need oil from the Middle-East, we could just say to hell with the entire region including Israel.




Bring back the Concorde
User currently offlineMarcus From Mexico, joined Apr 2001, 1803 posts, RR: 2
Reply 23, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 14 hours ago) and read 2902 times:

And this is the response..............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3237277.stm



Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown
User currently offlineCopaair737 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 24, posted (10 years 12 months 4 days 14 hours ago) and read 2899 times:

I agree with you Superfly. If not for the oil, the US wouldnt be there. Also, why would it be anti-semetic to not like Sharon? The arabs get killed alot in israel too, but you dont hear about it as much because the media is controlled by the jews. im not trying to sound racist or anything, but its the truth.

25 Superfly : Copaair737: If I were Jewish, I'd be ashamed and emberassed over Ariel Sharon. He is evil and shouldn't be in any position of power. Sharon, George W
26 Post contains images Copaair737 : Superfly: I agree, with you about the world leaders part. The one that would need to be gotten rid of first would have to be George W. Bush though The
27 Alpha 1 : I don't know. You can bullshit all you want, and tell me that old Europe isn't anti-semetic Jcs, "Old America" is just as anti-semitic as anyone on th
28 Manni : Dc10guy, The question is not wether I know the difference, the question is if you know it. Because, judging by your contribution to this topic, you do
29 Post contains images Udo : What a BS. Israel's government can do whatever it wants, it doesn't care about the UN, UN resolutions, it doesn't care about human rights...and just b
30 Ussherd : I do think that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a serious threat to lasting world peace. Any major escalation of the conflict could spread beyond
31 Sebolino : This is ridiculous. Of course Israel is a threat to the world peace, as well as the Palestinians terrorists organisations. When Israel will stop to tr
32 JetService : When Israel will stop to treat Palestinians as if they were foreigners in their own territories it will probably stop all.
33 Udo : You are also wrong, Jetservice. It's true some terrorists will never accept Israel...but if the majority of Palestinians is able to exist as an own na
34 JetService : You are also wrong, Jetservice. It's true some terrorists will never accept Israel...but if the majority of Palestinians is able to exist as an own na
35 Udo : That's an easy question. Because the extremists want to avoid any kind of peace - they know well that the Palestinian people would soon turn away from
36 JetService : That's an easy question. Because the extremists want to avoid any kind of peace - they know well that the Palestinian people would soon turn away from
37 Udo : It's not necessarily a contradiction. I guess Israel can control its own extremists better than on the opposite side. So there would be some hope. And
38 JetService : But I don't think anyone will ever let them have their state as long as they're bombing; even though it seems most think they should have it.
39 Udo : Well, if the minority of terrorists will always get the attention they want, then we will never achieve peace. Regards udo
40 Artsyman : I guess Israel can control its own extremists better than on the opposite side. So there would be some hope. ****** Israels extremists and there extre
41 Post contains images EmiratesA345 : "Ah, yet another ignorant right-winger who thinks that people who are anti-Israel are anti-Semitic. The reality could not be further from the truth. I
42 Dc10guy : If I'm going to pick an extremist, I'll pick the Jews. At least they are on our side. Besides the Israelis can kick anyone's ass.
43 CPH-R : Dc10guy, especially with the nuclear weapons they claim they don't have. Did anyone read the statement from an Israeli military officer, that was publ
44 Post contains images Sabena 690 : Its so nice to know that anti-Semitism is alive and well in Europe. Yeah, and Napoleon is still alive and kicking
45 SR117 : CPH-R: Hey I saw that statement too ! it was on the yahoo frontpage a few days ago, shame it didn't get more attention, it's quite true really, Palest
46 Post contains links Tbar220 : Two things: Many Europeans are also not comfortable with the idea of Israel as a Jewish state where non-Jews are second-class citizens (that’s the p
47 Udo : Dc10guy, Yes, the Israelis can kick anyone's ass, and the US can kick anyone's ass...wow! The only problem is some extremists don't care about that an
48 PHX-LJU : Dc10guy wrote: "If I'm going to pick an extremist, I'll pick the Jews. At least they are on our side." The more accurate statement would be that we ar
49 Petertenthije : Let's see if I can become "anti-human" in 5 lines: 1) I disagree with some of Israels policies, making me anti-semitic. 2) I disagree with the pope's
50 Dc10guy : Thier is no peace in the middle east. We need to get the war over. Jews vs Arabs.
51 Delta-flyer : If this does not prove that anti-"name your government" is not anti-"name your country/religion", then I don't know what will prove it. Yes, but for o
52 PHX-LJU : Delta-flyer wrote: Yes, but for one thing ... you (and I) do not know the reason people chose Israel over, say, North Korea - was it a purely analytic
53 PHX-LJU : One addition: "If people were motivated to kill Jews 60 years ago, on a massive scale, how can I be convinced that the same feelings are not hidden be
54 PHX-LJU : I've re-read the articles and had a chuckle at these rantings published at the Jerusalem Post: "The Simon Wiesenthal Center released a statement sayin
55 L-188 : Thier is no peace in the middle east. We need to get the war over. Jews vs Arabs I hate to admit it but I agree with you DC10Guy. It is going to take
56 Ts-ior : Israel is a great threat to world peace,but the Jews are not,and this confirms the non-anti-semitism of the poll.And then the world is fed up with th
57 Staffan : As I wrote in reply 9, it's probably not even the Israelis that are deemed a threat to world peace, but the situation with the palestinians in Israel.
58 KEESJE : So we know Israel "won" this pole Who was the best of the West ? In Western Europe there is growing aversion against the worldwide very well coordinat
59 Windshear : I am half Israeli and yes anti Semitism is alive and well... People can't even part Danish Jews from Israeli Jews and so on... I think that the Arab w
60 Marcus : WOW........that was a nice post to round up a whole countries history, population past and present in one single group...........talk about calling fo
61 PHX-LJU : Windshear wrote: "Israel is a product of YOUR hatred and discrimination." Considering that most Germans or other Europeans alive today weren't even bo
62 Commander_rabb : Actually the biggest threat to world peace is ignorance. Those who voted in this poll and some of those who posted here. Europe seems to be living in
63 Andreas : What a load of crap has been posted here, unbelievable! This poll was a bad mistake in many ways: It was technically executed in a very bad way, the q
64 Windshear : Andreas... the funny thing is that you ask Commander Rabb if has been to Europe, but I think have enough EU self confidence to not see the down side o
65 Racko : I'm tired of this "France and Germany" rule the EU crap. When the rest of the EU against them, they can't decide anything. Actually in the commision a
66 Staffan : Would it be better if the EU members didn't care about the situation at all? I think this poll highlights that people are concerned about what's going
67 Arsenal@LHR : This is a country which has been illegally occupying Palestinian land for some 30+ years and the international community has done zilch to end the bru
68 Windshear : Staffan you ARE right... But the increase in anti Semitic violence in the whole of Europe spells of more than concern from the Europeans side... I am
69 Marcus : This is the same country which flouts UN resolutions when it feels like it *************************** Except one, the one that created Israel itself.
70 Windshear : Marcus how can a person hold a grunch to a resolution that would try and protect innocent children's lives? I think the same should be done for the Pa
71 Post contains images Windshear : I am sick and tired of having to spill my guts...And forced into taking sides...Arsenal@LHR you are the constant tinitus ringing in my ear! I have hea
72 Artsyman : This is the same country which flouts UN resolutions when it feels like it, has no regard for international law. ************* No, this is the same co
73 Post contains images Windshear : Thank you Artsyman!!! I have regained trust in humans Boaz...
74 Marcus : Marcus how can a person hold a grunch to a resolution that would try and protect innocent children's lives? ********************************* There yo
75 Windshear : That was not what I was implying. I did not judge you I wrote it as a question for you to answer, I wrote my views and asked if they were your views..
76 Tbar220 : This is the country which has provoked and attacked 5 of it's neighbouring countries since it's creation, Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. Well I'll
77 Post contains images PHX-LJU : Windshear wrote: "Well I am sorry if I have offended you," I'm not German, so you didn't offend me personally, but those statements were inappropriate
78 Andreas : Ok Windshear, this will be my only and last reply to you, because your hate-filled and frustrated ravings are close to unbearable. And I write this NO
79 Udo : Windshear, your post belongs to the biggest BS I have ever read in that forum. Your behaviour just shows my theory is right: whenever someone criticis
80 Windshear : PHX-LJU... I don't know where to start... I know that it's hard for you to see where this comes from, you write in a self-controlled manner and seem l
81 Andreas : Udo, I agree as far as the finger-pointing is concerned: ESPECIALLY Germany with its history has of all countries the bloody duty to point its finger
82 Udo : Yeah, the BS can even be topped: 'Germany and France are destroying the EU'...I didn't know that all the money Germany has transferred to other EU cou
83 Udo : Andreas, I also agree with your views on the poll. However, though Israel is a democracy, I sometimes wonder about the permanently doubtful actions of
84 NoUFO : What a thread ... oh my God .... I just would like to thank the remaining level-headed people on this forum, especially PHX-LJU, who is just another r
85 9V-SPF : What a horrible thread. It is sad that people like you, Windshear, are still guided by an unbelievable hatred of a whole country that leads you to acc
86 PHX-LJU : Windshear wrote: "It is hard for me to sit here and listen to an American telling me how to feel, you understand why I am sure!" I'm European-born and
87 Post contains images Andreas : PHX I know exactly why you are on my respected user list!
88 Jcs17 : Excellent postings, Windshear. Its nice to hear a European tell it like it really is. The fact remains that many European nations, with the help of Ar
89 Post contains links Tbar220 : "Nov. 2, 2003 Worse than North Korea? http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1067749438239&p=1006953079865 Over
90 Petertenthije : some quotes from the article: the fact that Europe regards Israel as more threatening than nations that support and finance terrorism is "proof that b
91 777236ER : The fact remains that many European nations, with the help of Arab immigration, are now fairly anti-Semetic When was the last time you were in Europe,
92 NoUFO : Israel and the USA have more influence than Iran and North Korea, let alone a ruined Iraq occupied by foreign forces; and at the same time, they are t
93 Teva : PHX-LJU, Very detailed comments. JCS17, have you ever been to Europe? Do you call Arabs the Turkish people living in Germany, or the Morrocans living
94 Post contains images PHX-LJU : "Over the past decade, the North Korean "people's" regime of Kim Jong-Il has starved an estimated three million of its citizens." Again, North Korea p
95 NoUFO : In addition to PHX-LJU's list: The result of the poll may also be affected by media coverage of the terrorist attacks in the ME. When it comes to the
96 Udo : Wow Jcs17. One single opinion from one European jew and Jcs17 takes it as the one and only truth that all of Europe is anti-semitic. That kind of draw
97 Post contains images Windshear : Jcs17 thank you... Guys I think it's time to reveal my self... Have you seen "The Wave"? I created a distance between you and me... I was in your mind
98 Commander_rabb : German sensitivities over the two world wars they fought in and lost are still bitter pills to swallow. But raise the topic of anti-Semitism and some
99 Post contains images EmiratesA345 : "I hate it when people stigmatize and call people by their race instead of nationality, it is an easy way to degrade people to a state of which they a
100 Alpha 1 : See you bitch and cry about peace, however everyone always seems to forget about the Palestinians who had land taken away from them. Maybe if the Arab
101 Post contains images EmiratesA345 : Surprise surprise! Alpha1, you should be more concerned about the USA renouncing terrorism, before you go criticizing "the Arab world". That land did
102 Alpha 1 : Alpha1, you should be more concerned about the USA renouncing terrorism, before you go criticizing "the Arab world". What a pathetic, ignorant stateme
103 Post contains images EmiratesA345 : You need help. My statement was not ignorant, nor was it pathetic. It was something you should really consider. This began far before 9/11. OIL! That'
104 PHX-LJU : Commander_rabb wrote: "But raise the topic of anti-Semitism and some go ballistic." No, people go ballistic when someone accuses them of being anti-Se
105 Post contains images Alpha 1 : My statement was not ignorant, nor was it pathetic. Followed by.... OIL! That's what they have always been after. Emirates, thanks for proving my poin
106 Post contains images EmiratesA345 : I am sorry but reading is just not your thing is it? Show me one post where I wrote "I will support terrorism to get rid of Israel". First of all... w
107 Alpha 1 : First of all... what I want or don't want is irrelevant. Israel should not be there. It is not there land. Why do you have difficulty understanding th
108 Yyz717 : Israel should not be there. It is not there land. Technically, Emirates is correct. Israel should NEVER have been placed/located on Palestinian land.
109 Post contains images EmiratesA345 : What you think about me means SHIT to me. You are a bitter old man. I LOVE it how you tell me what I'm thinking and what my views are, and then go and
110 Post contains images Alpha 1 : You are a bitter old man. Bitter? Hardly. I'm not the one bemoaning the fact Israel is in the region, you are. And if you consider 42 old, so be it. M
111 Post contains images EmiratesA345 : You know nothing about decency, so don't give me that bullshit! And really, you really should stop bringing your wife into these arguments. I/NO ONE G
112 JAL777 : Speaking of decency... some of us need to learn how to communicate without the use of four letter words. It makes you look somewhat more intelligent.
113 EmiratesA345 : Yea... Unfortunately for you the rules allow for you to use them to emphasize a point, which is what I am doing. EmiratesA345
114 JetService : EmiratesA345, you're being a jackass. Why don't you sign off for awhile and think about why you're foaming at the mouth over an internet forum. Your l
115 JAL777 : If the point your making is that you are somewhat annoyed and disturbed by what goes on on an internet message board, then yes, you have made that poi
116 Post contains images Alpha 1 : Emirates, such temper!! As for your flying fuck sentiment, the Missus and I have never tried that. I'll have to broach the subject with her. Thanks fo
117 JetService : LMAO Alpha 1! Keep us posted!!
118 Tbar220 : To all of you who say that the U.N. "placed" Israel where it is and that it shouldn't "belong" in that part of the world, I wish you would study your
119 Windshear : Emirates... Your user name...Are you roots in the Middle East? That could explain your anger... I can understand your anger, but that is not the way f
120 PHX-LJU : Windshear wrote: PHX I have not heard you comment my post... You quickly drew the line between me and the Europeans, you created that dangerous distan
121 Post contains images EmiratesA345 : "Emirates... Your user name...Are you roots in the Middle East? That could explain your anger... I can understand your anger, but that is not the way
122 Yyz717 : I'm European-born and a naturalized American citizen -- I hold dual citizenship and split my time almost equally between the two places. Actually, you
123 Scorpio : YyZ717, Actually, you're Slovenian which is a small relatively poor former Communist part of Europe....it is hardly "middle Europe" and has really no
124 Post contains images PHX-LJU : Yyz717: Nice try, but we've been there/done that.
125 Yyz717 : Then don't sell yourself as some sort of pan-European/American intellect. You're arguably neither. You CAN speak from the Slovenian experience though,
126 Post contains images Racko : While Yyz717 does his usual PHX-LJU and Slovenia bashing, one should mention that in the last EU report Slovenia came out as the best-performing of al
127 NoUFO : That was pretty nasty, Yyz717 and dead wrong. Slovenia is part of Europe; you contradict yourself when you say Slovenia is a post-communist part of Eu
128 PHX-LJU : Thanks, Racko and NoUFO. I feel the same about you guys!
129 Yyz717 : Then we agree to disagree. I believe strongly that PHX cannot speak for either the European nor the American experience because he has experienced nei
130 777236ER : Then we agree to disagree. I believe strongly that PHX cannot speak for either the European nor the American experience because he has experienced nei
131 PHX-LJU : Yyz717, I don't want to argue with you again, as we've discussed this a million times in other threads, but even your historic facts are wrong: "Slove
132 Staffan : I consider people from Slovenia as European, and have no problem whatsoever with them calling themselves European, or speaking for Europeans. "Memo to
133 PHX-LJU : BTW, if Slovenia weren't indisputably a part of mainstream Europe, it wouldn't be joining the EU in a few months.
134 Yyz717 : BTW, if Slovenia weren't indisputably a part of mainstream Europe, it wouldn't be joining the EU in a few months. That makes it part of Europe geograp
135 Post contains images Alpha 1 : Because I am from the Middle East, I have a bad temper. Actually, what I think tipped people off about your bad temper is when you used the "flying fu
136 Yyz717 : No, maybe it's because 19 Arab men blew up 3000 people, 4 aircraft, 2 towers, part of a government building, is why you perhpas are questioned more of
137 PHX-LJU : Yyz717, Again, we've debated Slovenia to death on other occasions, so I'll limit myself to two corrections: "China was also aligned with Yugosalvia an
138 RNOcommctr : The only difference between Palestinian terrorist acts and Israeli terrorist acts is that Israeli terrorism is carried out by the Israeli government.
139 Tbar220 : RNO, Do you consider deliberate targeting of civilians by Palestinian terrorists to the civilian deaths caused by the Israeli army?
140 Artsyman : RNOcommctr, What a silly, un-thought out response. The Palestinian, that straps his bomb belt on, and walks into a childrens party and detonates, cann
141 Udo : PHX-LJU, I also want to say a special thanks for your postings which are full of facts and well structured arguments. I guess I have waited too long t
142 Arsenal@LHR : RNOcommctr, What a silly, un-thought out response. The Palestinian, that straps his bomb belt on, and walks into a childrens party and detonates, cann
143 PHX-LJU : Udo, Thank you for your kind words!
144 Artsyman : They are fighting for their freedom from a foreign occupuyer/agressor, they are desperate people with no hope no future and living under constant regu
145 Teva : YYZ717, You are complaining about the fact that Slovenia has nothing to do with the topic. For once, I agree with you. However, who stupidely started
146 Post contains images Tbar220 : How in the world did this thread digress into Slovenia? Unreal
Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
British Public: USA Greatest Threat To World Peace posted Tue Feb 11 2003 21:32:11 by Eg777er
Greatest Threat To World Peace posted Tue Sep 3 2002 22:20:36 by Yazoo
Brits Believe Bush Is A Danger To World Peace posted Fri Nov 3 2006 08:07:13 by Cosec59
Great Lyrics To A Song About World War III posted Thu Aug 3 2006 08:34:00 by COIAH756CA
Iran's Threat To US Is Financial, Not Nuclear posted Wed May 17 2006 17:07:45 by Ilikeyyc
Who Is Going To World Cup 06? posted Sat Oct 29 2005 00:37:16 by BoeingFever777
Blogging Is Great... Where To Find Them? posted Thu Sep 9 2004 00:23:21 by Shawn Patrick
Why Dallas Is A Great Place To Live posted Thu Jul 29 2004 17:10:09 by Sleekjet
US Removing Iraqi Threat To Israel posted Fri Mar 21 2003 00:09:23 by Scotty
Credit A Threat To National Security? posted Fri Oct 20 2006 21:23:14 by TedTAce