Bmi330 From United Kingdom, joined Nov 2001, 1450 posts, RR: 1 Posted (11 years 2 months 6 days 21 hours ago) and read 2377 times:
I am just wondering how many people had a good or bad year and did you acuplish your goals and how much you have grown as a person.
I would say I have had a great year in 2003. I have went from a school kid with nothing and little confidence. To someone with loads of confidence a good job, new car and meet so many people from many different places, backgrounds and attitudes that has helped me grow so much as a person.
how's tour year been and what do you want to achieve in the coming year?
Jcs17 From United States of America, joined Jun 2001, 8065 posts, RR: 38
Reply 2, posted (11 years 2 months 6 days 20 hours ago) and read 2365 times:
I had a pretty good year in 2003--Did well in school, rushed a fraternity, met my present girlfriend (well, considering how much money I've spent on her, maybe it isn't a good thing ), worked hard over the summer, and kept my relationship with my parents on stable ground.
2004? Who knows what I will accomplish, I'm not a huge fan of setting goals.
KBUF737 From United States of America, joined Dec 2003, 779 posts, RR: 3
Reply 7, posted (11 years 2 months 6 days 17 hours ago) and read 2339 times:
2003 Will definately go down in the history books. Both accomplishments and failures
- Started dating my girlfriend of ten months.
- Had both best and worst college semesters (spring and fall respectively)
- Spend 5 Days in New York City (got to see more than just Manhattan)
While in New York
- Spent a day in Bay Ridge (Brooklyn)
- Went to the Pier in Red Hook (Brooklyn) and got great shots of the statue and Lower Manhattan
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade
- The Metropolitain Museum of Art
- Rode the LIRR
- Rode the 6 line for the second time and the Broadway Local for the first time
- Ate a dirty water dog and roasted nuts ( both which i have never had)
- Saw Radio city for the first time
- Turn 21 on New Years Eve! what a day to do that!
- Saw Fallingwater, The Guggenheim Museum (Manhattan) and Darwin Martin House in person. (Three of Frank Lloyd Wright's greatest achievements)
- Flew by myself for the first time (purposely took three flights each way)
- BUF-PIT-CLT-SRQ on the way down SRQ-CLT-LGA-BUF on the way back
(first times in PIT and LGA airports as well)
-Saw STYX, JOURNEY and REO
-Saw the Phantom and Mama Mia!
Things I didnt do that were on my list
-Climb any of the high peaks in the Adirondacks
-See the Eagles Live
-See the Nutcracker Ballet
-Lose the 20 pounds that I gained since college started (God bless beer!)
-Go to Boston
-Make more money than I spent
-Start a work out program
- Get a 4.0
2004 - Much to look foreward too
- flying to FLL for First Time UAL Via ORD
- hoping to get up into the High Peaks
- Ski Killington again
- get a good summer job (any ideas)
- Get a 4.0
- keep loving my girlfriend
- travel to Europe (possibly)
- leave the country - Canada doesn't count (no offense Canadian North, just that when you live 7 miles from the border its a routine thing to go there about 10-20 times a year.)
- Post my first pics on a.net
Well thats my list.
May you all have a splendid holiday and a joyous new year.
NormalSpeed From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 8, posted (11 years 2 months 6 days 6 hours ago) and read 2322 times:
Well, the best way to put it is that I had one hell of a year. Here are the highlights and lowlights.
-Passed my CFI checkride on the first try.
-Moved to Boston.
-Took the ATP written (135)
-Met my girlfriend (now ex-)
-Almost got engaged to girlfriend (now ex-)
-Broke up with my girlfriend (now ex-)
-Busted my CFII checkride. (I am now 4 and 1)
-Drove from Salt Lake City to Boston, twice.
Goals for '04:
-Finish the retest for the CFII (lucky for me, I only blew one task area, so I only have to be retested in that task area.)
-Complete the multi-engine add-on for my commercial certificate.
-Complete the multi-engine add-on for my instructor certificate (MEI).
-Find a flight instructor job.
-Get a new girlfriend, one that I actually like spending time with.
-Learn to sail this summer via Boston's Community Boating program.
-Get back into shape. I'm not exactly the biggest guy, but I could still use some toning up.
-Draw more. I used to draw all the time, and I was pretty good at it, but I've gotten rusty.
-Some religious goals that I will not mention here.
And while we are on the topic of goals, here are some that may extend beyond '04:
-Finish the Business degree that I started. (That will give me with two BSs.)
-Fly as a profession.
-Get married, have a family.
-Own a house.
-Get a Masters Degree.
DeltaRules From United States of America, joined Sep 2001, 3882 posts, RR: 8
Reply 9, posted (11 years 2 months 6 days 1 hour ago) and read 2302 times:
What a year...:
-Finally made it to homecoming.
-Got my permit.
-Got my license.
-Did well in school- 2 4.0s in the 3 grading periods in 2003.
-Was able to help one of my friends whose dad had cancer & earned her respect & trust as a result (personal achievement).
-Got to see a race at the Daytona Int'l Speedway.
-Met Michael Waltrip.
-Flew on: A319, A330, Piper Cub ( ), 737-300, MD-88, 757, ERJ.
-Took first flight into JAX & out of DAB.
-Became more social (less shy).
-Struggling in Algebra II & Chemistry this year.
-Had my permit stolen out of my car.
-Didn't get a date to Homecoming....0 for 2 now.
-Got sick after coming home from England, putting me way behind on my schoolwork & not able to make everything up, killing my grades on interims. (Thank God my mom & dad don't kill me if my grades aren't all A's)
-My friend's dad picked up cancer (see above)
-I'm still single....e-mailed the girl I like & she's blown me off so far, despite being one of my friends.
What do I want in 2004?:
-Get a girlfriend....one that I want, not one I get pushed into.
-Keep the girlfriend for more than a week.
-Get a date to homecoming.
-Be more outgoing.
-Get a 4.0
-Jeff Gordon to pick up his 5th championship.
-Get an A on a Chemistry test (it'll be the first class I've ever taken where I didn't get an A on a test if I don't...)
-Fly a 777.
-Start for my PPL.
-Go back to Puerto Rico.
MerC From Sweden, joined Dec 2003, 590 posts, RR: 2
Reply 11, posted (11 years 2 months 6 days ago) and read 2294 times:
2003 - Good Stuff
- A lot of partying (hmm?)
- Met a wonderful Spanish girl in Gothenburg
- Flew first time alone
- Bought my digital camera
- 2 weeks in Turkey
- Started working out
- And some other stuff that I've forgotten about
2003 - Bad Stuff
- Lost my girlfriend (the girl I mentioned above)
- Didn't quit with the snuff
- Mediocre grades
- Last 6 months my friend and I haven't been together much at all
Goals for 2004
- Meet a new girl
- Get better grades
- Visit my aunt in Australia/fly long haul
- Board a B747
- Find a job
- A LOT of spotting/av-photography
- Hopefully be able to finance a DSLR
Think that's about it. Probably the list could go on forever, but these are the biggest things!