Lfutia From Netherlands, joined Dec 2002, 3375 posts, RR: 31 Posted (11 years 1 month 1 week 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 1755 times:
In response to the New York one, We need a New Jersey one!
You don't understand why there aren't more 24-hour diners elsewhere in the country.
* You know what a Wawa is, and know the location of at least 15 of them.
* You think a mountain is that big freakin' hill in Atlantic Highlands.
* You know Asbury Park is no longer the mecca of East Coast resort towns.
* Even though there's a new Wal-Mart in your town, you still go to the Englishtown Auction for cheap stuff.
* You can name all the flavors of salt water taffy.
* Your car is covered with yellow-green dust in April and May.
* You buy Shop-Rite brand food at Shop-Rite.
* You can smell and know when it's low tide.
* The Jets/Giants game has started fights at your school and/or local bar.
* There are no self serve gas stations and you like it that freakin' way... "yous gotta problem wit dat?"
* You've had sex on the beach, and I'm not talking about the beverage.
* You know how to successfully handle a traffic circle.
* You know what skeeball is and you can get three 50's in a row.
* You think the Olive Garden is crap and should have never opened any restaurants in New Jersey.
* You've run out of money on the Parkway.
* You're Italian.
* You know where to get the best bagels and pizza.
* Donald Trump is mentioned at least daily in your local paper.
* You say "water" weird. (Wooder, Cawfee, Dowg, wadever).
* Even your school made good Italian subs.
* You've lived through hurricanes, nor'easters and fires, but have never seen a tornado, earthquake, tsunami or volcano.
* You can't believe MTV went to Seaside Heights.
* You know that ACME is an actual store, not just a Warner Bros.creation.
* You only go to New York City for day trips.
* You know what a "jug handle" is.
* You have mandatory recycling. Enforced by law.
* You've eaten a pork roll and cheese on a hard roll...and like it.
* You go to at least one parade at the boardwalk each year.
* You've pondered, "Maybe basketball would be more popular in New Jersey if the Nets didn't blow,"
* You can go bowling at 1:30 A.M. (with automatic scoring)!
* In high school, you worked at a Friendly's.
* Route 18 doesn't freak you out at night.
* Because your town was founded before 1776, all the restaurants, taverns and shops have "ye," "olde," and "colonial" in their names.
* You don't have to go to Red Lobster to get fresh seafood.
* You once said, "It smells like New York in here."
* You've waited for the damn drawbridge for more than 20 damn minutes.
* At least three people in your family still love Bruce Springsteen.
* There's a fruit and vegetable stand down the road.
* "Anyone who makes bad pizza can go to hell" is your attitude.
* You always use a minimum of 10 variations of the word "damn" while driving.
* You don't take any shit from anybody. Especially from someone from New York, because you live here for christ's sake and just who the hell do they think they are anyway? Invading our damn beaches and bars, they're just here for the damn summer and they think they own the damn place and....
* You've gone to the race track with twenty different daily double bets from twenty different people.
* You've spent St Patrick's day in Belmar.
* You know that there are bakeries which are not part of a supermarket, but actual individual stores.
* You've ordered a "hard roll with butter" for breakfast.
* One time, a sea gull shit on your head.
* You've eaten at a Windmill, drunk off your ass, at 3am at least a dozen times.
* You know what a "benny" is and can pick one out at the beach.
* You've planned a local trip around ensuring you pass at least one Dunkin' Donuts.
* You're an aggressive driver.
* At least 5 people in your immediate family have asthma.
* Your drinking water should not be used for drinking.
* Your town has more water restrictions than people living in "dry" states i.e. Arizona, and Nevada.
Jkw777 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 9, posted (11 years 1 month 1 week 1 day 1 hour ago) and read 1613 times:
You might be from Jersey if...
...you're a resident of the Channel Islands.
Just couldnt resist it could you !
I wouldn't mind seeing a few places in New Jersey actually!
Off subject a little, but its definitely relevent. Do any of you local NJ'ers know the true location of the Soprano residence? Would be kinda cool to see that place, although the owners get p*ssed with people driving past and stopping for pictures
Lfutia From Netherlands, joined Dec 2002, 3375 posts, RR: 31
Reply 11, posted (11 years 1 month 1 week 19 hours ago) and read 1595 times:
I'm from Randolph, but moved to the Chicago area in March 2001. I still say 'Jersey and most of these apply to me. I rememeber Rickel's and Channel. I say Cawwwfee. My mom shopped at Shop-Rite. Didn't know how to pump gas when we moved to Chicago. I know what a jug handle is and people who cant make pizza can go learn to make Pizza.
Groetjes van de VS!
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?