Avi From Israel, joined Sep 2001, 950 posts, RR: 6 Posted (11 years 3 days 7 hours ago) and read 1374 times:
The target this time was: Skipper Bologna from Italy.
In a record breaking game Maccabi Tel Aviv won last night the European Basketball championship. Maccabi beat (literally) Skipper Bologna 118-74
In an amazing game Maccabi broke not less than 11 records (and tied another one) in a European final game since they started almost 50 years ago.
1. Points per a game: 118 (the first time a team scores more than 100 points in a Final Four game since they started around 14 years ago)
2. Points per first half: 55 (the previous one was 52)
3. Points per second half: 63 (53)
4. Points per a quarter (10 minutes): 38(!!!)
5. Biggest score difference in the end: 44 (the previous one was only 15!!!)
6. Number of 2 points shots: 28 (27)
7. Best percentage for 2 points shooting: 74% (28 of 38, the previous one was 63%)
8. Number of field baskets (2 & 3 points shots): 42 (32)
9. Best percentage for field shooting: 69% (57%)
10. Number of assists: 31 (18)
On the defence side Maccabi let Skipper to take only 22 rebounds in the game (23) and kept Skipper on 13 points in a quarter (this one is not a new record but a tie to a record Maccabi set in 2001).
It was an unbelievable game especially after the difficult season when many of Maccabi games were decided in the last second with crazy shoots. The top was in their last game of the second stage when they needed a win but were 6 points behind only 15.7 second to the end, but…
Avi From Israel, joined Sep 2001, 950 posts, RR: 6
Reply 5, posted (11 years 3 days 4 hours ago) and read 1289 times:
Tbar220: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this their fourth Euroleague championship?
In a way, yes it is. They won in 77 and 81 the FIBA cup (the most important cup at that time). In 2001 they won again but this year Europe split into 2 main leagues and then Maccabi won the Superleague cup (still FIBA) and now it was the Euroleague cup (the second cup in 01 and the most important cup today).
LY744 (and others), did you ever see my happy and smile when a Palestinian died? Don’t you know what " " are? (Please don’t answer if you don’t have anything to say about the real topic)