|UTA_flyinghigh From Tunisia, joined Oct 2001, 6495 posts, RR: 51|
Reply 1, posted (9 years 6 months 2 weeks 6 hours ago) and read 1219 times:
|Don't know about Indycars, but here's F1 :|
1) Display: By pressing the bl1 ue 'S' button the driver about the engine, Shell fuel consumption and lap times. Additionally, a digital display lights up when it is time to change gear.
2) Neutral: The green button marked 'N" is pressed to engage neutral. If the driver forgets to do this after a breakdown, race marshals will be unable to push the car to safety.
3)Under-revs: The 'U' button is under-revs. This reduces the rev limit to preserve the engine in cases where the driver does not have to race at full speed.
4) Brake Balance: Allows the driver to regulate the braking pressure on the front and rear wheels.
5) Clutch: The driver uses the small lever on both sides of the wheel to manually engage the clutch at the start of the race and after pit stops.
6)Data Call-up: The button marked 'S' allows the Ferrari driver to display data on the engine, fuel consumption and lap times.
7)Air/Fuel Mix: The mix of air and Shell fuel determines the combustion ratio and therefore fuel consumption.
8)Recovery: Can be used when there is a failure of critical sensors and will often the driver to finish a race, although with some reduced performance.
10) Engine Settings
11) Power Steering: Power assisted steering - the same as on a road car, although a lot more efficient.
12) Radio mute: The 'M' button is radio mute. This is used if the driver is suffering from a lot of radio interference that may be upsetting his concentration.
13) Radio: The button marked 'Radio' establishes a radio link with the race technicians in the pit area.
14) Gear Change: The driver changes gear via the tow toggle switches behind the steering wheel. The left-hand switch is for changing up, the right-hand one for changing down.
15) Speed Limiter: The speed limiter (L) electronically reduces speed to the pit lane limits.
Hope this helps
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards