AC_A340 From Canada, joined Sep 1999, 2251 posts, RR: 1 Posted (14 years 11 months 1 week 1 day 7 hours ago) and read 1201 times:
Last year my high-school got a new principal. I was open minded at first when he came he was really nice and tried to be our "friend". This is what he did to piss me off last year:
1. He walked into the middle of a snowball fight and got hit. Nobody was allowed to sit in the foyers for a month.
2. He is threatening to tow our cars off of a public street where the is not a "No Parking" sign to be found.
3. He threatend to take away our dance because several people showed up drunk.
Just today we got our student handbook for the 2000-2001 year and he totally bastardized our school.
1. He completely changed the criteria for the honor roll.
2. Now we must have 60% of our time schedule filled with courses whether or not we need the credit (there are only 2 mandatory courses for grade 12, 20% of schedule)
3. Ever since the school was built there is a parking lot on the north side of the building with about room for 50 cars, 2/3's of it is reserved for staff who pay for electric outlets in the winter, the rest is open to anybody. Now he decides the staff gets the whole parking lot even when there is only 30 staff members.
Louis From Canada, joined Oct 2005, 0 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (14 years 11 months 6 days 11 hours ago) and read 1148 times:
Once I worked for my cousin. The bastard never paid me for the third shift work I did for him. I haven't spoken to him since, which was four years ago. And my last boss was also a bitch. I did some work for her and she kept making me redo everything I did because she was too iresolute like most women are. On top of all that, the jetted back to Australia because she hated it here and forgot to pay me in the process.
Ilyushin96M From United States of America, joined Sep 1999, 2609 posts, RR: 12
Reply 3, posted (14 years 11 months 2 days 16 hours ago) and read 1132 times:
When I was in elementary school, we had a woman come in as the principal when the man who was there either quit or was transferred. She was pretty strict and was never very nice to students, I thought. She made everyone walk out and around the school, instead of through it, to get from one side to the other during recess. She never explained it, only said, "It's a beautiful day outside, go out and around." Some students egged her car once because no one really liked her.
As far as bosses go...the worst I ever had was a guy I worked for during the Goodwill Games in St. Petersburg, Russia. He was a former drill sargent, and hardly ever acknowledged anyone for doing a good job, only yelled at people constantly. He was probably the most American of all the Americans who worked in operations at the games, and I don't mean that in a flattering way at all. He thought Russians were stupid, which was to his disadvantage, because he didn't speak a word of Russian, and all of them talked smack about him right in front of him, including me. He was also ignorant of the Russian culture, and didn't care if he offended people.
The worst thing I can remember was that he would scream at me to do my job when I was already doing it. Once, he called me on my cell phone to yell at me that if he didn't have a truck at a certain location at a certain time, he would have me terminated. I had already made arrangements that morning for the trucks, but that wasn't good enough for him. So, knowing that the site my boss would be at was the site that would need the largest truck, I deliberately sent the smallest truck I could find IMMEDIATELY to where he was. By God, if he wanted a truck, I would give him a truck! He couldn't say anything because I had done what he asked, even if he didn't get the truck I knew he needed.
At the end of the Games, the guy stiffed me on my bonus, and I never saw him again. All I can say is, what comes around goes around, and I hope he got his!