Iakobos From Belgium, joined Aug 2003, 3316 posts, RR: 35 Posted (10 years 2 months 2 weeks 6 days 19 hours ago) and read 1385 times:
Perhaps a chance to have a laugh, possibly a welcome feat under present day life...here follow 17 good reasons to choose the craft with wings.
Glad to see more reasons added, from either side.
1. Airplanes can kill you quickly; a woman takes her time.
2. Airplanes can be turned on by a flick of a switch.
3. Airplanes don't get mad if you 'touch and go.'
4. Airplanes don't object to a preflight inspection.
5. Airplanes operate inverted.
6. Airplanes come with manuals to explain their operation.
7. Airplanes have strict weight and balance limits.
8. Airplanes can be flown any time of the month.
9. Airplanes don't come with in-laws.
10. Airplanes don't care about how many other airplanes you have flown before.
11. Airplanes and pilots both arrive at the same time.
12. Airplanes don't complain if you hose them down.
13. Airplanes don't mind if you like to look at other airplanes.
14. Airplanes can get high without throwing up.
15. Airplanes expect to be tied down.
16. Airplanes don't comment on your piloting skills.
17. Airplanes don't whine unless something is really wrong.
18. However, when airplanes go quiet, just like a woman, it's a bad thing.
Iakobos From Belgium, joined Aug 2003, 3316 posts, RR: 35
Reply 13, posted (10 years 2 months 2 weeks 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 1167 times:
I should have thought that most here are computer-age children and experienced FS room pilots.
In better times, pilots were really driving the planes, with George only giving a helping hand when target altitude and speed had been reached.
Other than George, the only electric help onboard was a bell to call one or more of the delicious air hostesses (a world apart from present day "snack bar style" flight attendants) into the roomy cockpit for whatever reason.