Mdsh00 From United States of America, joined May 2004, 4135 posts, RR: 8 Posted (10 years 6 months 3 weeks 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 1774 times:
So, because of the political tension out here right now, why not argue about something a little more petty? My question for all of you is, what are you top 5 most favorite animated Disney movies from when you were a kid (5-13) and why? I'll start with myself:
Aladdin: for about a month straight I watched this movie once every day and had the soundtrack (which was later stolen )
The Lion King: Solid movie but the Hamlet adaptaion had a lot to do with that.
The Little Mermaid: I was a little 2nd grader and I though Sebastian rocked.
Beauty and the Beast: Good movie even for a little kid.
Oliver and Company: The Chiuahua
I think the mid-90s were pretty dull for Disney movies in general. It took Toy Story (really made by Pixar though) to bring them back.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."
Dl021 From United States of America, joined May 2004, 11447 posts, RR: 74
Reply 3, posted (10 years 6 months 3 weeks 1 day 11 hours ago) and read 1747 times:
1. Dumbo...I still cry when Mama cradles Dumbo with her trunk outside the railcar.
2. 101 Dalmations...My first movie, saw it at the Fox Theater in 70mm. I cried when the mean old car lady kidnapped the dogs, I cheered when they were escaped and were rescued. Told this as a bedtime story to my nephews and got in trouble because I taught them that Cruella's name was "mean ole nasty bitch".. My sister found that less than humorous.
3. Bambi...I still cry when Mama dies...Disney taught you people died.
4. Fantasia...Incredible. Pink elephants and dancing hippos. Mickey..
5. Lady and the Tramp...ever eat spaghetti with your girlfriend/wife and get her to help with a string?
6. Old Yeller...Not animated but a Disney movie that speaks to your heart.
ConcordeBoy From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 6, posted (10 years 6 months 3 weeks 1 day 8 hours ago) and read 1724 times:
1. Lion King (loved the Wildebeest stampede)
2. Little Mermaid (showed a LOT of cleavage for a cartoon, amused us young'uns greatly)
3. Mulan (always been fascinated by Chinese culture)
4. Aladdin (the songs)
5. Beauty & Beast (most amazing animation: look at the room they're dancing in... looks REAL!)
DeltaRules From United States of America, joined Sep 2001, 3915 posts, RR: 8
Reply 9, posted (10 years 6 months 2 weeks 6 days 22 hours ago) and read 1686 times:
The 5 I think I watched most:
1) Toy Story 2
2) Toy Story
3) Lady & the Tramp
4) 101 Dalmatians
5) Peter Pan
Dl021 mentioned Fantasia...I remember being OK with most of that movie, but I would always get extremely scared of the either the last or next to last sequence in the movie, not sure which because it's been about 10 years since I've seen it. It killed the rest of the movie for me whenever I'd watch it, not because I didn't think it was good, but because I knew it was coming.
(After researching it on imdb.com) It's called "Night on Bald Mountain" & it's the one with the devil (Chernabog, the god of evil in Slavonic Mythology) & all the evil spirits & music...scared the living hell out of me when I was younger.