Sponsor Message:
Non Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
How To Get A Certified Birth Certificate In MA  
User currently offlineKiwiNanday From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Posted (11 years 7 months 6 days 13 hours ago) and read 3363 times:

As many of you know, I will be going to the Fantabulous FRA Meet. This means that I need a passport. In the US, if you are under 15, you must bring a certified birth certificate with you when you go to get your passport. The trouble is, I don't know where to get one Insane Can someone help me?


6 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineLtbewr From United States of America, joined Jan 2004, 13860 posts, RR: 17
Reply 1, posted (11 years 7 months 6 days 13 hours ago) and read 3354 times:

First of all, are you sure your parents don't have it some place with their important personal papers?
First, you got to figure out where you were born and go to that city, county or state's office of Dept. of Health, or County clerk's office. Once you determine that, the do a search for a website for the jurisdiction you need to get it from. Usually most government websites that have those records will state the procedures you need to do to get such records and the fees charged. You may have to do in it person, produce some form of ID and have at least one of your parents with you. What you want is a "Raised letter seal"/official/original replacement certificate. Check the US State Department website (do a web search) for the forms and instructions for application for a passport. You will have to apply in person to a government authority, such as a County clerk, or selected post offices. See the State Dept. website section as to where you go for your initial filing. You will have to have at least one parent with you when you apply, and if under a certain age, BOTH parents need to accompany you due to laws to limit child abductions in nasty divorce situation.

User currently offlineConcord977 From United States of America, joined Jan 2004, 1261 posts, RR: 23
Reply 2, posted (11 years 7 months 6 days 11 hours ago) and read 3346 times:

Here are some ideas for you:

" ... American Birth Certificate is a full service provider of certified birth certificates and American passports. We are able to provide certified copies of birth certificates for all states except Hawaii, New Mexico, Louisiana and Iowa. ... They can be used to apply for your passport, obtain a drivers license, for travel into Canada, Mexico or any other country that only requires a drivers license and birth certificate to enter. The average process times for 95% of the states we service is 1 to 3 days.... "

" ... This page tells how to obtain copies of Massachusetts vital records, such as birth certificates, death records, marriage licenses & divorce decrees. See the guidelines for general information on how to order vital records. Check the related links for additional vital records and genealogical information on Massachusetts. ... "

To order MA birth certificates online, go to: http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=40898359&bfpage=vitalcheck01

No info
User currently offlineDesertJets From United States of America, joined Feb 2000, 7907 posts, RR: 14
Reply 3, posted (11 years 7 months 6 days 11 hours ago) and read 3334 times:

Like LTBEWR said I am willing to bet FIVE DOLLARS (Canadian  Smile) that your parents have an official copy of your birth certificate already on file somewhere. If not they, not you, will need to go to the appropriate local, county, state office to get it. Once you have it make sure you file it away in a place with all your other important documents that you need from time to time.

Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia
User currently offlineN312RC From United States of America, joined Aug 2000, 2684 posts, RR: 15
Reply 4, posted (11 years 7 months 6 days 9 hours ago) and read 3322 times:

In Michigan, you go to the city in which you were born and visit their Vital Records Department. They will xerox your requested documents on special authenticity guaranteed paper and affix a raised seal, as well as a signature.

Voila, there you have it.

User currently offlinePHLBOS From United States of America, joined Mar 2004, 7634 posts, RR: 21
Reply 5, posted (11 years 7 months 5 days 18 hours ago) and read 3305 times:

Here's another web-site option for you to use:


"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981
User currently offlineTanyaluvs2fly From United States of America, joined Sep 2003, 351 posts, RR: 0
Reply 6, posted (11 years 7 months 5 days 17 hours ago) and read 3302 times:

I know that here in Maine you can get a BC in the towns that you were born in and the town where your parents reside at time of birth... usually like 7 bucks or so... good luck
ps. last time i looked when getting my daughter her passport, both parents need to be there to sign that they both agree about the passport...

Live, Laugh, Love!
Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
How To Request A New Birth Certificate posted Sun Nov 14 2004 03:29:41 by DeltaGuy
Rent A Car In The US - How To Get The Best Deal? posted Thu Aug 24 2006 15:29:42 by L410Turbolet
How To Get Music In Your Profile? posted Sun May 26 2002 21:07:00 by LY772
How To Get A Gmail E-mail Address? posted Sat Nov 25 2006 11:55:22 by Swissgabe
How To Get Oil Off A Car Window posted Fri Oct 27 2006 20:51:43 by KLM672
How To Get Over A Broken Heart? posted Sun Sep 3 2006 19:47:04 by Upsmd11
How To Get A Green Card? posted Fri Jun 2 2006 10:53:28 by Alphafloor
How To Get Over Your First Love.... posted Mon Feb 27 2006 23:41:10 by Ffis34
Help - How To Get Rid Of A Pesky Sticker? posted Thu Feb 16 2006 14:22:33 by UTA_flyinghigh
How To Get Money Back? posted Sat Jan 7 2006 00:22:08 by Myt332