JGPH1A From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 6, posted (9 years 11 months 3 weeks 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 1188 times:
I tend to pick up fridge magnets all over, and people give me them too - I'll see if I can remember them all.
- Spitsbergen, with a map of the island and 78deg north
- A ceramic one from Mallorca with a sun on
- a metal American Airlines "A^A" one.
- Jan Smuts International Airport
- Cadbury World "You can never eat enough chocolate"
- The CheckPoint Charlie sign in 4 languages "You are now leaving the American Sector"
- Duck Island, South Carolina (?)
- the Balmain Dock pub in Sydney
- Disneyworld with Aladdin's genie on.
- the West End show "Oliver"
- wooden one from Vancouver with a killer whale on
BNE From Australia, joined Mar 2000, 3193 posts, RR: 12
Reply 12, posted (9 years 11 months 3 weeks 6 days ago) and read 1147 times:
I have lots of fridge magnets where do a I start.
I will list those that I can remember.
Avalon Airshow 2005
Seattle with the Sky Tower
San Diego Seaworld with some penguins,
A butterfly magnet from the Butterfly House in Singapore
Ulluru, the big rock in the centre of Australia.
A bear holding a bottle of Bundaberg rum.
one from Kentucky with a horse on it.
One of the Australian Snowfields.
The local vet,
The local fish shop
and a few others.
I guess I must collect them, when I travel somewhere. Can you tell where I been.
OzarkD9S From United States of America, joined Oct 2001, 5331 posts, RR: 21
Reply 15, posted (9 years 11 months 3 weeks 5 days 22 hours ago) and read 1132 times:
1. A Daffy Duck chip clip (his bill keeps the bag shut)
2. A circle with Rosie The Riveter flexing her arm muscle with the caption: Chicks Rule
3. An old lady quoting: The only french cut things I own are green beans
4. A square 2002 calender put out by my city
5. An OLD picture of Socks, the Clinton's cat that says: Socks Rocks
6. Some sort of blue bird
7. A scene from "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" where Jane is just about to kick Blanche across the floor with the caption: "Heat gotcha down, Blanche?"
8. A Jimmy "JJ" Walker "Dy-no-mite" magnet (have had that one FOREVER)
9. A plain white circle with plain black type that reads: MAGNET
10. A 6"x6" pen holder with paper for phone messages
11. A Garfield magnet
12. A Dominoes Pizza magnet with Pizza Hut coupons under it
Cornish From United Kingdom, joined Feb 2005, 8187 posts, RR: 53
Reply 21, posted (9 years 11 months 3 weeks 5 days 22 hours ago) and read 1117 times:
Hmm let me see:
A couple of mini coke cans and a coke bottle.
A Lisbon Tram.
A picture of the Brooklyn Bridge
Some assorted mini french cheeses, baguettes, croissants, wine etc.
A "You are now leaving the American sector" sign from Berlin.
Sydney Opera House
Some Shakesperean Insults
A Cornish pasty (naturally!)
The Colesseum in Rome.
A pair of Dutch clogs.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work
Saxdiva From United States of America, joined Jun 2004, 2383 posts, RR: 40
Reply 24, posted (9 years 11 months 3 weeks 5 days 21 hours ago) and read 1105 times:
Quoting Caribb (Reply 23): I hae a small Dutch Village going across mine.... too many trips to the Netherlands I guess.
Looks crowded there.
I lost track of all the fridge magnets a long time ago, since someone decided once that I should collect them, and all my friends have been bringing them over ever since. I don't want to try counting them now since they probably need dusting and I've got to get some work done sometime today. Eventually, I figure they'll just fuse themselves to the door.
: Icelandair promo for the launch of SFO services. Lufthansa International Phonetic Alphabet. - why? I have no idea. I learned this alphabet when I was