YQTYYZ From Canada, joined Jun 2001, 48 posts, RR: 0 Posted (13 years 4 months 3 weeks 4 days 2 hours ago) and read 1311 times:
Don't know if this topic has been done before, but here are my top five looking SUVS. There aren't really any criteria, since looks are so subjective, so here goes:
1) 2001 Ford Escape (Perfect length, love that bumper/grill, square-ish back, yet has a hint of "roundness")
2) 2002 GMC Envoy (Finally, a GMC truck that looks nice, and not too squared-off as so many older GMC trucks were)
3) 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Same platform as the Envoy, a little square-ish, but decent, nonetheless)
4) Nissan Xterra - refreshingly unbashful about its truck platform, it focuses on the utilitarian side of things, rather that style, as so many SUVs are striving for these days)
5) Cadillac Escalade (absolutely monster grill - I love the Caddy grills, however, the rest of the truck is really too boxy. Maybe if it was a little shorter, and more rounded at the back. The front is good enough for me, though!)
- Other notable favourites:
2002 Explorer (love the new grill, wish the back was more rounded, like the Escape)
Rav 4 (nice overall, but I hate the swinging wheel thing)
Macyjet From United States of America, joined Jul 2000, 25 posts, RR: 0
Reply 7, posted (13 years 4 months 3 weeks 4 days ago) and read 1238 times:
is it just me or does the new Explorer look like the Isuzu Rodeo? (from the front) I like the Yukon Denali and Ford Escape. Honorable mentions to BMW X5 and Acure MDX. I also wish Land Rover still sold the 110's down here. I always loved the rugged simlicity of it.
SophieMaltese From United States of America, joined Feb 2001, 2064 posts, RR: 3
Reply 13, posted (13 years 4 months 3 weeks 3 days 20 hours ago) and read 1218 times:
Well, I'm a minority here because I hate SUVs, but if I had to have one, I'd go with either a Rover or a Jeep Cherokee. And I'd drive the damned thing through the mud, over potholes, hills, and everything else it was made to do!
YQTYYZ From Canada, joined Jun 2001, 48 posts, RR: 0
Reply 19, posted (13 years 4 months 3 weeks 3 days 7 hours ago) and read 1194 times:
I'm can't speak for anyone else, but I love cranking my Dad's Ford Escape from 0-60 mph. It leaves most cars in the dust, except for the sports cars, and perhaps, the SUVS with more hp. Although, in several 0-60 mphs, I've out-distanced a QX4, and the new 2002 Explorer. All it takes is a red light, a friendly nod and smile to the next car... and we're off!
And yeah, if I had a Lexus, I probably wouldn't go into the dirt trails, unless I had money burning in my pocket. I sure as heck wouldn't trust my Escape off road, because it simply can't cope.