Canuckpaxguy From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 18 hours ago) and read 3643 times:
As a follow up to ArmitageShanks' thread about very simple things that make you happy, what are some of the stupid things in life that drive you mental? Like annoying habits, quirks or events, that SHOULDN'T annoy you, but do.
For me, I'd say:
1. Toyota Corollas (the cause of all road-rage).
2. Unreturned emails.
3. Misuse of "me, myself and I" grammar rules.
ACDC8 From Canada, joined Mar 2005, 7744 posts, RR: 34
Reply 1, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 18 hours ago) and read 3627 times:
In the order of importance:
1. Vernon drivers (the drivers in this town are soooo stupid!)
2. The "express" check-out at the grocery store, it always seems to take the longest!
3. Cellphone ringtones. It's a freakin' phone, it's supposed to ring, not play annoying music!
CurtisMan From Canada, joined Jun 2005, 1003 posts, RR: 47
Reply 3, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 17 hours ago) and read 3606 times:
Man alive - some things that drive me nuts:
Canadians who use american grammar/spelling -- uuugh!
Canadians who use the old fashioned imperial system instead of metric -- uuugh!
Guys who wear white socks with black pants or black shoes.
People who keep averting their eyes when talking to them.
Guys who spit in urinals... yuck.
The little white dot at the top of airliners.net next to the ad banner.
Aloges From Germany, joined Jan 2006, 9045 posts, RR: 41
Reply 4, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 17 hours ago) and read 3609 times:
The door of the elevator in my building is terribly slow, meaning that every stop takes about half a minute. Yet, some people feel the need to use it for the infinite distance of one floor, press all the buttons when they leave the elevator just to annoy others, press "3" when I'm going to "4"... Hello? Are you not able to take the stairs to your floor from my floor like I do it all the time? Also, I find smoking in the elevator extremely rude and reckless.
2. the annoying kids in my building
They seem to be unable to communicate in any more silent ways than repeatedly yelling what they have to say.
3. My neighbour
and his habit of listening to that shitty song "Lonely" at a volume sufficient for pschological warfare, over and over again. Apocalypse Now anyone?
4. RINGTONE ADS ON TV!! They make me want to KILL!
5. mobiles ringing during lectures, seminars and whatnot
6. fellow students who are unable to shut up for just a minute
7. "holier than thou" nuts
8. riced-out cars waking me up in the middle of the night
9. unfounded unfriendliness
Prime example: certain bus/tram drivers, are these people paid to grumble? Do they get a raise for closing the doors just a second before you can hit the "open" button, when they must have seen you because you sprinted across the track right in front of them?
10. their/there/they're-impaired a.net members
11. some of the food at the uni refectory/cafeteria
12. When I forget to take and take along the antihistamine on a pollen-infested day. "ATCHOOOO! No thanks, I'm not sobbing! Do you ATCHOO have a ATCHOO hanky? I've already used up the two packs I brought today. ATCHOO!"
13. accidentally zapping to one of those afternoon talk shows
14. movies featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Silvester Stallone and the like
Walk together, talk together all ye peoples of the earth. Then, and only then, shall ye have peace.
ASMD80 From United States of America, joined May 2005, 126 posts, RR: 0
Reply 10, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 17 hours ago) and read 3578 times:
1. People who are very cocky and full of themselves.
2. Phone ringtones.
4. (On a plane, especially MD80s) People who try to stuff their huge rollaboard into a tiny overhead bin yet there is no space for huge rollaboards, and then they are forced to check it, therefore, delaying departure.
6 (tied): Avril Lagvine and Kelly Clarkson!
7. School cafeteria food
Some things are actually better at 30,000+ feet...
Caribb From Canada, joined Nov 1999, 1645 posts, RR: 8
Reply 14, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 16 hours ago) and read 3557 times:
Ok my choices;
-Montreal (insert your own city of choice here) drivers who have no concept of the rules of the road and think they are the only ones on it.
-Montreal roads - pot hole heaven...
-Roads with lines washed out by winter... basically all Montreal roads...
-Green arrow lights at intersections which stop you when there is no traffic and go green when traffic finally arrives... so basically all Montreal traffic lights...
-Drivers who don't signal when changing lanes - basically most Montreal drivers.
-Unsynchronized traffic lights - basically most if not all Montreal main arteries.
-Sudden road signs (warnings, street indicators, exit notices)... basically all Montreal road signs.
-Road contstruction (ie: annual sites for construction worker trainees) - basically all Montreal roads and/or bridges...
-Roads that are for everything but cars (bike lanes, taxi lanes, reserved lanes, bus lanes)... basically all Montreal main arteries..
-SUV's & Pick up trucks or more precisely being behind them in a car... or being in front of them when they are rearing up my bumper at 130 kph..
-The Grand Prix Formula One.... damn, I wish one year they'd just hold it on one day on say an island in the St Lawrence instead of everyday all through the city... (PS: Go Villeneuve!)
-VW Golf & Chevy Cavalier drivers - they are from another planet apparently
Jutes85 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 16, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 16 hours ago) and read 3549 times:
In no particular order:
1. Shitty Honda's with fart cans. - Fix the rust first moron.
2. Fat people wearing tight clothing.
3. People driving in the left lane, instead of moving over to the right.
4. Slow golfers ahead of us. - Just hurry the F*ck up already, you do not need to size-up a 5 foot putt.
NoUFO From Germany, joined Apr 2001, 7984 posts, RR: 11
Reply 18, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 16 hours ago) and read 3530 times:
- Bawling football fans (especially on trains ... can I have you gun for a minute, Aloges?)
- Noisy banner ads
- smelly underpasses
- some things my Dad uses to say
- Graffiti (especially on those nice Gruenderzeit houses from the late 19th century)
- tedious people who think they're extremly funny
- flickering neon lamps
- garbage on the sidewalk (especially broken bottles)
- all those women who broke up with me
- blocked drains
- you know what's worse than talk shows? Guests who think they have to appear on every second show! (In Germany: Alice Schwarzer and another woman whose name fortunately escapes me right now).
- German speaker's who use the English 's to expres's the Genitiv or even simple plural. Weirdo's! Language butcher's!
MaverickM11 From United States of America, joined Apr 2000, 18387 posts, RR: 46
Reply 19, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 16 hours ago) and read 3521 times:
Oh there are so many...where to start?
People who chew with their mouths open.
Pro sports obsessions (same goes for religious obsessions)
Those who wear sunglasses inside (unless you're Bono or Ray Charles)
Non-black girls coming back from Cancun with corn rows
PeoPle THat TypE LiKe ThiS
AirWest From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 22, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 14 hours ago) and read 3477 times:
Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 13): Toothless, obese women that wear halter-tops showing their midriffs like they do here in Grand Rapids, MI.
YES!!!! I'm from GRR and I see that all the time. How much time do you spend in GRR, jetjack? On a layover I presume? Why do they do that here? It is really gross. I also hate people talk on their cell phones and hold it way out in front of their face, especially Nextels with that Direct Connect thing. Or when people don't use their turn signals when they drive. It isn't that hard to flip that little lever on the steering column.
Springbok747 From Australia, joined Nov 2004, 4387 posts, RR: 10
Reply 23, posted (10 years 3 weeks 3 days 12 hours ago) and read 3452 times:
1. People not using indicators when turning...arghhh!!
2. People who drive wayy below the speed limit in the fast lane...get off the damn road!!!
3. Bible readers on the bus....drives me nuts!! They're not even reading it. They just want to look as if they're going to heaven and everyone else isn't. They're usually those heavy middle aged women who sit there nodding their head in the front of the bus, as if they see some greater light that is and obviously, never was there.
4. Michael Jackson...nuff said.
5. Rap artists who have to make up a stupid f*cking rap name that's really just a word spelled wrong (i.e., Ludacris). These people should be killed.
6. Big Brother...I ABSOLUTELY hate that damn show. Goddamn...I wish all those f*ckin people would just die right there.
7. Greenpeace and other tree-hugging idiots. F*cking hippies, trying to save the rainforest. What's the point? It's just a bunch of trees, mud and bugs. Ok so there a few animals, but face facts, they're all going to die anyway. That's a fact, accept it. There's no point in chaining yourself to a tree or something like that...trying to delay the inevitable.
8. The crazy Jamster frog thing....oh God..is there no end?!!
So many more...I can't think of them now..I'm too mad