Sponsor Message:
Non Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Getting A Motorbike License  
User currently offlinePlanespotterx From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Posted (10 years 8 months 11 hours ago) and read 1250 times:

Does anyone in the UK know what I have to do to get a motorbike license?, ive looked at the DVLA website but it doesnt explain clearly on what I have to do.
Im 21 and relatively fit and healthy, the site says how I can either get a 50cc bike and have this for 2 years and "upgrade" to a 125 and then take another test to go on more powerful machines, or take a one course which will enable me to ride anything but it doesnt mention anything about prior experience.
What do any of your think, take the course in one "go" and hopefully pass after a weeks hard-work, or spend 2 years on a moped gradually "upgrading".
All I want is nothing bigger than a 250cc anyway.

4 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineTheCoz From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 1, posted (10 years 8 months 10 hours ago) and read 1248 times:

I rode a Kawasaki Ninja 500R for a couple of years. I never did get a license. eyebrow 

User currently offline2H4 From United States of America, joined Oct 2004, 8957 posts, RR: 58
Reply 2, posted (10 years 8 months 1 hour ago) and read 1235 times:

Quoting Planespotterx (Thread starter):
All I want is nothing bigger than a 250cc anyway.

One day, you'll look back on this comment and laugh. Mark my words.



Intentionally Left Blank
User currently offlineDesertJets From United States of America, joined Feb 2000, 7879 posts, RR: 14
Reply 3, posted (10 years 7 months 4 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 1224 times:

I know in the US most people take a motorcycle training course. Where upon the completion of the training you earn your motorcycle license. I would think that there are equivilant courses in the UK. I believe most of the MSC courses use 125 or 250cc bikes.

Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia
User currently offlinePlanespotterx From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 4, posted (10 years 7 months 4 weeks 1 day 20 hours ago) and read 1216 times:

Well in the UK I understand I can be trained on a 125, and then upgrade higher..but im only after a bike that "looks" fast, but doesnt go any faster than say 80mph..I really have no intention in taking it any faster than that.

Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
Getting Your License In Ontario... posted Fri May 27 2005 01:58:35 by WhyWhyZed
Whos Getting Drunk This Weekend? posted Fri Nov 17 2006 13:08:28 by Nighthawk
Need Help Getting Broncos-Cardinals Tickets posted Tue Nov 7 2006 00:13:41 by HALFA
Arizona Mid Terms Getting Ugly And Your Vote posted Tue Oct 31 2006 01:25:53 by Airbus3801
Student Pilot's License Questions posted Wed Oct 18 2006 02:28:44 by Tony Lu
Getting Closer To The Cosmic Connection To Climate posted Thu Oct 5 2006 15:53:43 by AirPacific747
License Plate Spray.. Does It Work? posted Mon Oct 2 2006 22:03:13 by AirPacific747
Getting A Fridge Quickly In The UK posted Fri Sep 22 2006 15:22:33 by Runway23
I'm Getting Married Today! posted Thu Sep 14 2006 15:42:36 by EZEIZA
Little Signs That Tell You You're Getting Older posted Fri Sep 8 2006 11:05:43 by NoUFO