B737-700 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (13 years 2 months 8 hours ago) and read 4590 times:
I think it's time that we should find a definition for a trip report.
There's so many inappropriate things posted int he trip reports forum but they don't get deleted.
So how about this ?
1. Post a trip report after you have returned from a trip.
2. Do NOT post "What can I expect ...?" posts.
3. Do NOT post "Do you want to hear this report"-just post it. We're all into aviation so we want to hear it.
4. Do NOT post "Have you ever been on ... or What do you think of ..." - these belong into the civil aviation forum.
5. I think the most important one is that you do NOT post "Upcoming trip report" - post it when you're back.
Maybe some of you could add some things or comment.
Shamrock104 From Ireland, joined Sep 2000, 524 posts, RR: 1
Reply 3, posted (13 years 1 month 4 weeks 1 day 19 hours ago) and read 4566 times:
I think you have a really selfish attitute to the Trip Report forum, like you own it or something. It is up to the individual who contributes to decide wheather or not he/she wants to write an Upcoming Trip Report contribution. You are in no position bully them into thinking this is wrong. I will agree with you on one point, people should just write the trip reports, yes, as you said, we are all interested.
B737-700 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 4, posted (13 years 1 month 4 weeks 1 day 7 hours ago) and read 4559 times:
Shamrock104, I think some people should just read the rules Johan set up, before posting in there because basically I just wrote these down.
Of course I added some stuff, which is my personal opinion (along with others by the way which can frequently be read as an answer to such a post).
What I'm trying to say is, that there's alot of stuff in the trip reports forum that should be posted in the general-aviation forum.
BTW I invited you to add stuff to my proposal. So next time you might just do that instead of insulting me.