Sponsor Message:
Aviation Technical / Operations Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
How To Convert To UK License?  
User currently offlineInbound From Trinidad and Tobago, joined Sep 2001, 856 posts, RR: 2
Posted (11 years 3 months 1 day ago) and read 2964 times:

I currently live in Trinidad and I hold a Trinidad &Tobago CPL.
My base license is a Canadian CPL.
I have 500 hours.

I'm planning on visiting London later this year and wanted to go flying, privately in a 4 seater single engine plane, preferably a C172.

what would I need to do?
who would I need to contact?

I'm assuming the obvious check out flight, but what else would I need? Any written exams or medical required for just a recreational flight?

can someone recommend a flight school within London?
I can only imagine it may cost me my left nut to pay for it, but my cousin said she'd pay half  Smile

any help is appreciated.

Maintain own separation with terrain!
1 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineBritPilot777 From United Kingdom, joined Apr 2004, 1075 posts, RR: 2
Reply 1, posted (11 years 3 months 9 hours ago) and read 2885 times:


Best thing to do is probably take a look at the CAA website. http://www.caa.co.uk/ Most of your questions regarding conversions of licenses will be there.

Moheet  Smokin cool

Forever Flight
Top Of Page
Forum Index

Reply To This Topic How To Convert To UK License?
No username? Sign up now!

Forgot Password? Be reminded.
Remember me on this computer (uses cookies)
  • Tech/Ops related posts only!
  • Not Tech/Ops related? Use the other forums
  • No adverts of any kind. This includes web pages.
  • No hostile language or criticizing of others.
  • Do not post copyright protected material.
  • Use relevant and describing topics.
  • Check if your post already been discussed.
  • Check your spelling!
Add Images Add SmiliesPosting Help

Please check your spelling (press "Check Spelling" above)

Similar topics:More similar topics...
How Much To Fill Up A C152? (UK) posted Sun Aug 27 2006 01:12:14 by RichM
How To Fly In UK With FAA Licence posted Fri Nov 28 2003 01:39:01 by WindowSeat
How Long To Change An Engine? posted Thu Nov 17 2005 12:14:57 by Saintsman
Taking Off From A Road, How Not To.... posted Mon Oct 31 2005 16:20:38 by SATL382G
How Long To Change Registration? posted Mon Jul 18 2005 02:07:51 by Bio15
How To Convert A 762 To A 762ER posted Thu Mar 17 2005 01:49:21 by Thrust
How Close To Controlled Airspace? posted Sun Apr 25 2004 16:31:01 by Megaptera
How Long To Build. posted Mon Jul 2 2001 19:02:50 by Ejaymd11
How To Get FCC License posted Fri Mar 19 2004 18:21:57 by Airworthy
How Long Was The 757 100 Suppost To Be? posted Sun Dec 3 2006 01:10:58 by 747400sp

Sponsor Message:
Printer friendly format