Sponsor Message:
Aviation Technical / Operations Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
What Is An Apron-drive Loading Bridge?  
User currently offlineVictorTango From India, joined Jan 2005, 501 posts, RR: 0
Posted (11 years 2 months 3 weeks 2 days 14 hours ago) and read 6489 times:

Guys need some help with this..

What exactly is an Apron-Drive Loading Bridge? Is it just another term for a Jetway/Aerobridge or is it something else  Confused

In case this has been discussed before, then my apologies. However I did a search but it didn't throw up anything  Sad

Many Thanks


4 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineFredT From United Kingdom, joined Feb 2002, 2185 posts, RR: 26
Reply 1, posted (11 years 2 months 3 weeks 2 days 10 hours ago) and read 6380 times:

I think that is the kind of bridges which are supported by wheels, making them more flexible than those mounted on rigid supports. You can have them telescope around to e g serve multiple stands.


I thought I was doing good trying to avoid those airport hotels... and look at me now.
User currently offlineN766UA From United States of America, joined Jul 1999, 8733 posts, RR: 23
Reply 2, posted (11 years 2 months 3 weeks 2 days 7 hours ago) and read 6351 times:

I think it's just a term for jetway.

This Website Censors Me
User currently offlineHAWK21M From India, joined Jan 2001, 31875 posts, RR: 54
Reply 3, posted (11 years 2 months 3 weeks 2 days 5 hours ago) and read 6338 times:

Any Pictures.

Think of the brighter side!
User currently onlineStarlionblue From Greenland, joined Feb 2004, 17654 posts, RR: 65
Reply 4, posted (11 years 2 months 3 weeks 2 days 5 hours ago) and read 6349 times:

I saw a new term for jetway in MAN this morning: "Bridgehead".

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots."
Top Of Page
Forum Index

Reply To This Topic What Is An Apron-drive Loading Bridge?
No username? Sign up now!

Forgot Password? Be reminded.
Remember me on this computer (uses cookies)
  • Tech/Ops related posts only!
  • Not Tech/Ops related? Use the other forums
  • No adverts of any kind. This includes web pages.
  • No hostile language or criticizing of others.
  • Do not post copyright protected material.
  • Use relevant and describing topics.
  • Check if your post already been discussed.
  • Check your spelling!
Add Images Add SmiliesPosting Help

Please check your spelling (press "Check Spelling" above)

Similar topics:More similar topics...
What Is An AB6? posted Wed Oct 5 2005 21:11:02 by United787
What Is An "aircraft Stick Shaker" posted Wed Jun 29 2005 01:04:06 by ETStar
What Is An "e-enabled" Airline? posted Tue May 4 2004 03:04:59 by Varmit
What is an airline's SITA? posted Thu Feb 19 2004 19:32:19 by ANA
What Is An APU? posted Thu Dec 25 2003 03:13:02 by Zona8
What Is An ORD "S" Turn? posted Wed Dec 10 2003 06:36:22 by William
What Is An Oxygen Door? posted Mon Oct 13 2003 23:42:55 by Soontobepilot
What Is An Isochrone? posted Mon Jul 28 2003 16:40:00 by Mjzair
What Is An Augmentor Flap And What Plans Use Them? posted Mon Jun 9 2003 06:09:21 by Mirrodie
What Is An Emergency Turn? posted Mon Dec 24 2001 03:16:56 by Ajaaron

Sponsor Message:
Printer friendly format