This thread is primarily directed towards flight attendants.
One of my newer Japanese friends who recently came to ASU to study English is interested in becoming a flight attendant. We always discuss aviation but it seems like she knows little about what could happen in her job. Her major is International Relations, but in Japanese universities, such a degree is very versatile in leading to different careers.
She has given me a number of questions which she wants to know. Also, anyone else can add anything or give her hints, that would be welcome.
OK, her questions:
1) In a flight attendant Job, what do you typically do? (Basically, what she wants to know here is a basic job description. Also, anything that is normally not seen by the typical traveler is something she should know)
2) What should flight attendants be careful about? (Basically, on-the-job issues, other possible problems that could arise on the job, etc etc)
3) What are the personal characteristics that are needed in a flight attendant?
4) Is this job worthwhile to you? Do you think you made the right career choice? If you could go back to school and go into a different career, would you?
5) To be a flight attendant, what should she do now, while a student?
Just some background on her- she's rather shy, quiet, 21 years old, sophomore in college. She's always friendly once she opens up.
I welcome any and all contributions to help out my friend, and maybe soon, I can convince her to join the site