Sponsor Message:
Aviation Technical / Operations Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
A Tube In The Engine, What Is It?  
User currently offlineCricri From France, joined Oct 1999, 581 posts, RR: 6
Posted (13 years 1 month 1 week 1 day 6 hours ago) and read 4702 times:

Coming along this pic (click for large version), i was asking myself what the little tube you can see inside (top right) is ? Fire extinguisher?


Thanks for your help.

2 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineErj-145mech From United States of America, joined Oct 2001, 306 posts, RR: 1
Reply 1, posted (13 years 1 month 1 week 1 day 6 hours ago) and read 4702 times:

Its a probe to measure the air pressure going into the engine.

User currently offlineB747skipper From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (13 years 1 month 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 4463 times:

Cher Cricri -
This probe is called "Pt-2" and measures the ambient pressure of the air in the inlet area of the engine... It works in concert with a probe, or probes which you would find in the exhaust of that engine, called "Pt-7" which measure the pressure in the turbine discharge area...
These probes are tied to a "power gage" for the engine, called EPR, exhaust pressure ratio, a primary means to set power (takeoff or cruise) on many jet engines...
In example, if the pressure is 1.50 measured at Pt-5 and the pressure at Pt-2 is 1.0, the EPR gage would indicate "1.5"...
Bonne soiree  Smile
(s) Skipper

Top Of Page
Forum Index

Reply To This Topic A Tube In The Engine, What Is It?
No username? Sign up now!

Forgot Password? Be reminded.
Remember me on this computer (uses cookies)
  • Tech/Ops related posts only!
  • Not Tech/Ops related? Use the other forums
  • No adverts of any kind. This includes web pages.
  • No hostile language or criticizing of others.
  • Do not post copyright protected material.
  • Use relevant and describing topics.
  • Check if your post already been discussed.
  • Check your spelling!
Add Images Add SmiliesPosting Help

Please check your spelling (press "Check Spelling" above)

Similar topics:More similar topics...
What Does The Squigglely Thing In The Engine Do? posted Sat Apr 8 2006 04:19:14 by Tony Lu
Engine Sounds-what Is It? posted Thu Jul 15 2004 03:36:40 by Ba97
Extra Wing Extension. What Is It For (photo) posted Fri Sep 22 2006 19:26:39 by Airfoilsguy
"Finger Tapping" Sound On MD-88-What Is It? posted Sat Feb 4 2006 02:38:46 by DeltaGator
Problem In The Cockpit - What Would You Do? posted Fri Jan 6 2006 22:02:10 by Julesmusician
Level 5 Thunderstorm - What Is It? posted Sun Oct 30 2005 22:31:30 by Julesmusician
"Licensed Aircraft Engineer", What Is It Exactly? posted Fri Aug 5 2005 01:33:35 by Sabena332
What Is It? Strange Jig Or Structure At LAX posted Sun May 15 2005 02:22:12 by Flyabunch
Ignorance About Glare - What Is It? posted Sat Apr 16 2005 11:39:51 by Art
What Is It? posted Sat Mar 5 2005 07:43:56 by Dakotasport
Tall Building On LAX, What Is It? posted Tue Jul 10 2012 16:01:55 by SLCPilot
Why Vref+5 On 737? WHat Is It On Your Aircraft? posted Wed May 16 2012 03:06:02 by smartt1982

Sponsor Message:
Printer friendly format