Sponsor Message:
Aviation Trip Reports Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Air Canada - Toronto(YYZ) To Vancouver(YVR) W/pics  
User currently offlineBowflexBrennan From Australia, joined Jul 2006, 124 posts, RR: 0
Posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 2 days 14 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Well, here goes my first Trip Report.


So I went to Vancouver in March of 2006 to experience Western Canada and do some sightseeing and tourist related things. It was a last minute trip, and we were only out there for a few days, so there were many things I didn't get to do. After being there for not even a week, I realized what a great place it was, and how much more I liked it than Toronto.

My cousin Ryan moved out of Ontario last fall, to North Vancouver to work as a ski instructor at Cypress Mountain. So when he invited me out there to see him, I jumped on the opportunity. After some planning and arranging, we figured the beginning to middle of March would be the best time for the trip.


After spending countless hours studying Air Canada's website, trying to figure out which days and times to go, and which planes I wanted to fly on, I finally decided on the Airbus A330-300 to YVR, and the B767-300 on the way back to YYZ, as I've never flown wide body before, and I hear that both of those are nice planes. So I pre-selected my seats online; a window seat on the right side of the plane over the wing on both flights. So $700 later, I was all set, or at least I thought I was. About a month before the trip, I decide to have a look at Air Canada's website to make sure everything was still good. So I login, only to see that the plane from YVR-YYZ had changed to a 767-200. I was a little aggravated because now I was leaving on a 7:00am flight for no reason whatsoever. So I call Air Canada's support line to find out what would happen with my pre-selected seat on the flight home. After being put on hold, and having to listening to elevator music for a good half hour, I finally get a grumpy woman on the other end, who tells me that I have been put in the window seat in the emergency exit row; that was a nice surprise. At least now I would have some adequate leg room.

Flight Details:

Wednesday March 7, 2007
Air Canada Flight 137
Toronto, ON, Canada (YYZ) - Vancouver, BC, Canada (YVR)

ETD: 18:00 (EST)
ATD: 22:47 (EST)

ETA: 20:05 (PST)
ATA: 00:16 (PST)

EFT: 5hr05
AFT: 4hr29

Airplane: Airbus A340-313X
Registration: C-FYLD
Seat: 19K

Before Airport:

So the day was finally here, Wednesday March 7, 2007. I had been anticipating this trip for months now, and I couldn't wait. The whole concept of it truly amazes me. I mean I wake up in Newmarket, Ontario, then I'm sitting in Marketing Class, and then not even nine hours later I'm going to sleep in Vancouver. I mean most people take flying and traveling for granted, but if you stop and think about it for a moment, it really is something. Anyways, I was all packed and ready to go, and I just went in for a couple classes that day, as I wanted to be at the airport early. So my dad came and picked me up around 2:30, and we made our way down to Pearson.

At Airport:

We got to the airport around 3:00pm, and after finally finding our way out of the parking garage, (which is very poor in terms of directional signs), we headed over to the lineup for the Air Canada check in counters. So we get up to the counter, and the lady tells me the flight has been delayed two hours, and won't be leaving until 8:00pm now. She said it was due to a change in aircraft. That made my day, I intentionally picked both flights on planes that I wanted to fly on, and I wasn't going to get to fly on either one of them. So after walking around Terminal One for a bit (which is a very nice piece of work) and watching all the goings-on on the tarmac, I headed through security around 4:00pm. I got through without any problems, and now I had four hours until I left. So I first went and found my gate, which was in the far left corner of Pier E at gate 145. There were a few people there, and there was nothing happening out on the ground in that area, so I decided to mosey around the Terminal. I walked around looking at planes and taking pictures for about an hour or so. Here are some of the pictures I took;

Entrance area into Terminal 1

Air Canada check in counters

Coming down the escalator after clearing security

Neat looking statue type thing in the terminal

Walking to my gate

A cool looking paper airplane hanging statue at the end of the pier

An Air Canada Airbus A340


Air Canada Airbus A320 sporting a 65th anniversary paint scheme


What would appear to be an Air Canada plane departing Pearson

After that, I headed over to the restaurant area to get some dinner. I went to the Kennsinton Food Court, and ordered a bowl of Chinese food. So I go up to the cash, and I pull out a five dollar bill (assuming it wouldn't cost more than five bucks), and the lady says, "That will be fifteen dollars." I couldn't believe it when she told me that. The meal consisted of vegetables, noodles and sauce. How the hell can they justify that kind of mark up on something so basic? So after having a little chat with the cashier about that, I paid and went to sit down. The terminal was starting to get busy at this point, and the lounge at my gate was almost full now, with people who thought they were leaving at six. So I'm eating my meal, and an absolute babe of a flight attendant comes and sits across from me. It was actually quite funny, every single guy that walked by her checked her out, and they didn't even try to do it subtly. They would just walk by gawking at her. There were even two pilots that came her way, and they were chatting, then one of them looks at the other pilot and nods his head in the flight attendant's direction, and both pilots just stop there conversation and stare at her as they walk by, and then continue on talking after they pass. It's actually quite interesting watching all the people at the airport. So I finished up my dinner, and went for another walk around the terminal. It was very busy by now, and there were passengers, workers and flight crews everywhere. After walking around for a bit, I went back to the gate, but there was still an hour and a half until boarding time. So I put my iPod on, and went for a nap. When I woke up, I looked at my watch, and it was 7:50pm, and boarding for my flight was supposed to start twenty-five minutes ago. I got a little frantic, but I looked around, and the lounge was still full. I looked outside the window, and there is no plane at the gate. There wasn't even a boarding agent at the desk. But it looked like there was some confusion at the desk though. There were about six pilots, and like twenty flight attendants standing there, and none of them appeared to no what they were doing or what was going on. Way to go Air Canada, we're supposed to takeoff in ten minutes, there's no plane, we have three flight crews, and the passengers are all still sitting in the lounge. So it looked like we were going to be even later, so I dozed off again, and when I woke up, there was a plane outside. And to my surprise, it was an A340. The ground crews were busy loading up the aircraft and getting it ready, and there were pilots in the cockpit, so I figured we would be leaving soon.


Originally, boarding should have started at 5:25pm, but with the delay, it was to start at 7:25pm. But in reality, it didn't actually start until 8:30pm. So everyone was boarded and it looked like we were all set to go around 9:00pm. But we were waiting, and waiting, and then the captain comes on and says that we are all ready to go, but they're just waiting for someone from the ground crew to close the cargo door. I figured that wouldn't take long; but it did. It took them half an hour to find someone to close a damn door. Now I'm no expert in ground operations, but can't anybody close a door, or do you have to be qualified? "Yes, I have a degree in Big Door Management." Anyway, so now it's approaching 10:00pm, and the door has been closed, but we're still sitting at the gate. The captain comes on again, and says that two of the flight attendants have exceeded their duty days, and they have to leave. He says they are waiting for two more attendants to arrive. By this time, we've been sitting on the plane for a little over an hour, and some of the passengers were starting to get cranky, and there was a couple that would make comments about everything the flight crew said over the PA. Like when we were told we were waiting for a door to be closed, the one guys like "Are you shitting me, we have to wait for someone to close a friggin door. I'll go out there and do it myself for Christ sakes." Then when they said two of the flight attendants had to leave, the lady laughs and the top of her lungs, and says "Wow, even they don't want to wait here anymore!" They had a few more snarky comments, and everyone within earshot thought they were funny, except for one of the male flight attendants. After the man made one comment, the flight attendant just stared him down and gave him one of those, 'I don't take shit from nobody looks.' After that they quieted down a bit. After about thirty more minutes, the flight attendants strolled onboard, and we were now ready to go. We pushed back at 10:31pm.

In Flight:

We took off at 10:47pm, almost five hours after are scheduled departure time, but what are you going to do. So once we were at cruising altitude, the flight crew said they were going to be showing a movie. I figured that would pass the time well, as I couldn't look out the window because it was dark and cloudy, and you couldn't see anything. So the TVs come down, and what movie comes on? Dreamgirls! I don't care how many damn awards that thing has one, or how many stars or good reviews it's received, I was not about to watch that. So once again, I put me music on and went for another nap. I woke up almost an hour later, and everyone is drinking and munching away on some snacks. I look up and the beverage cart is nowhere to be seen. I just couldn't win today could I? First the flight gets delayed two hours, then I spend almost two hours of salary on dinner, then we board an hour late, then they can't close the door, then the flight attendants leave, then they show Dreamgirls, and now I miss snack time. I figured the plane was going to fall apart next. I know what you're thinking, "Why didn't you just ask the flight attendant for a drink or some food?" Well, I did think of that, but not until after the flight. So anyways, by now Dreamgirls is over, and they're starting another movie, which was Happy Feet. If I wasn't going to watch a bunch of black woman singing and dancing, I wasn't about to watch a horde of penguins do it either. So I decided to take my camera out and try taking some pictures. However, none of these pictures turned out, as it was dark outside, I just had my small handheld digital camera, and even though I took a course, my photography IQ is rather low. Anyway, the rest of the flight was uneventful, and we landed in Vancouver at 12:16am local time. It took a rather long time to get off the plane though, as all the people that we're further up to the front, took forever to get their stuff together. I decided to jack the safety card though, as I hear that lots of people on here collect them.

Post Flight:

Once I was off the plane, I made my way though Vancouver Int'l, which is absolutely dead at that time in the morning, and I went over to the baggage claim. We must have been waiting forty minutes before the first piece of luggage dropped down. I don't fly often, so I don't know what the standard time to get the bags from the plane to the baggage belt, but it seemed like it took too long. While I was waiting, I saw my cousin Ryan, and went over and met up with him. Once my bags came down, we left, and drove to his place in North Vancouver. To my surprise, I got my own bedroom there, as one of his roommates had just moved out. That was nice, as I thought I would be sleeping on the floor for a week.

I've decided to include a few of the pics I took while in British Columbia.

My cousin Ryan and his roommate Scott at Cypress Mountain

Very foggy day of skiing


Various runs at Mount Seymour

Me after a huge wipeout


Playing pool on their back porch

Me at the driving range

A rainy night in Gastown

The Gastown smoking clock

Driving through Stanley Park


Me at the Vancouver Aquarium

Ryan in a fish tank

Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale Show

Some starfish

A giant turtle

The Vancouver Yaught Club

Lions Gate Bridge

A gas station in the water for boats and seaplanes

Me and Ryan at the Totem Poles

Driving through Vancouver

Some buildings in Vancouver

A weird looking statue by the Waterfront

Now how's that fair?

Ryan with a clearly labeled fire hydrant in case the firefighters get lost

Could have sworn that's what was hit on September 11

An armed guard on a military ship (proof to all the doubters of the Canadian Military - sure, we only have one gun, but it’s a nice one)

Look at that staircase for a second, and see if it makes sense

Me getting manhandled by a bear

Ryan eating a giant sandwich

What a tool

A rather funny street name

A nice Irish Pub in Gastown

Me and Scott on the Ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island (winds were 90km/h)

A cow, mmmm, were eatin tonight

Victoria, the capital of BC

Victoria Parliament

Sunset while driving from Nanaimo to Tofino




That guy better move faster

A beach house in Tofino

Surfing in Tofino (ring a bell? There's a song by Planet Smashers with that title)

At the Vancouver Canucks NHL game


Roberto Luongo - Great goaltender

Canucks lost in overtime

Some shots from skiing on Cypress Mountain










Lost Lagoon in Stanley Park, with Grouse Mountain in the background

English Bay

Sunset on English Bay



In my opinion, the best pic I've ever taken

Flight Details:

Thursday March 15, 2007
Air Canada Flight 136
Vancouver, BC, Canada (YVR) - Toronto, ON, Canada (YYZ)

ETD: 07:00 (PST)
ATD: 07:15 (PST)

ETA: 14:25 (EST)
ATA: 13:58 (EST)

EFT: 4hr25
AFT: 3hr43

Aircraft: Boeing 767-233/ER
Registration: C-FBEG
Seat: 21K

Before Airport:

So the day started at a very early 4:00am. I was feeling the effect of going to bed not even three hours ago, which probably wasn't the greatest idea. I was still full from the dinner I had at Denny's not much more than six hours ago, which consisted of pancakes, sausage, bacon, hash browns and eggs, as they serve breakfast all day. I went and had a quick shower and then went and watched Sports Centre as I waited to leave. I was all packed up and we left Ryan's place a bit before five. It was a very quite drive to the airport, as most people were still in bed. I did however notice a large amount of joggers out running; at five in the morning! Now that's dedication right there, most people can't even wake up that early, let alone run at that time.

At Airport:

We got to the airport around half past, which also was pretty desolate at that time. I checked in and then since I had a bit of time, we went over to get some Tim's. When we got there, we soon realized why the airport was so empty; everybody was at Tim Horton's. There must have been a lineup of 15 people, and soon after we lined up, the line almost doubled in length. I tell you, Canadians are addicted to Tim's. After a quick coffee and bite to eat, we said our good byes and Ryan was on his way. I wandered around the Terminal for a bit, than made my way through security. It was not very busy going through security, which was nice. So I walk through the metal detector, and I get through fine without any warnings or anything going off. I'm about to go collect my things that went through the scanner, when a security officer calls me over to him. So at first I thought he was going to ask me some questions or something, but then he pulls a pair of rubber gloves out of his pocket. He then asks me if he can do a search of me, and I figured that if I said no, I would look suspicious. So I figured it would be a brief few second pat-down. But it wasn't. He puts the gloves on very slowly, and pulled them all the way down so they made the snapping sound, which made me sweat a little there, as I thought I was in for the "FULL" cavity search. So he starts doing the pat down, and let me tell you, they do it very thoroughly. He checked everything you could possible think of. He checked between my belt and my pants, along my waistline, bottom of the shoes, in the shoes, in my hair, in and behind my ears (as if I'm hiding a bomb in my ear), in my shirt, in between the armpits, and it went on for about seven or eight minutes. Now the women who were working security were by no means anything special, but I would have much rather had one of them do the search than buddy with the gloves. I'm guessing it was just a random search, like maybe I was number seven or whatever, because I'm pretty young, clean cut, well kept, well dressed, and I'm not even a visible minority. But what are you going to do. I'd rather have them be extra cautious then have the plane go down. So I'm through security, and I'm on my way to the gate. At Vancouver Int'l, they have the main hallway with gates along either side, than they have a large, sort of pod at the end with more gates. Now the gate I was looking for; gate C50, is one of their new gates which are in another direction. So as you enter the main hallway, there is a door on your right that takes you to C50. It had only one small sign directing you to it. I of course missed it as I was looking out the windows at the tarmac and the planes, so I'm walking around the main terminal building looking for it, and it of course is nowhere to be seen. So I'm wandering around trying to find it, and of course I don't want to ask for help, because then I'd look like an idiot when they say "it's right there in front of you." So I'm walking around, and I look back and there's a few people following me, and they look lost as well. Apparently they thought I knew where I was going or something. So I hear the people behind me ask one of the cleaning staff where gate C50 is, and she says it's up there on your left. So I finally see it, and I make my way there. It must be in a rather new area, as there are a lot of scaffolds and drywall and building supplies around. When I got to the gate, it looked very new and a rather, I guess, ultra modern sort of a design. There where two gates there that appeared to be in operation, both used by Air Canada with flights to Toronto and Calgary.


Boarding started around 6:30am, and went very smoothly and quickly. When I got on the plane, I walked down the aisle towards my seat, but when I got to seat 21K, there was a young kid in it and his mother was beside him in 21H. I go up to the lady and said, "Excuse me, I think you're in me seat." Then she responded by saying, "No, these are our seats, your's is that one (pointing to the one ahead of her)." This made me a little annoyed, as she responded in a rather rude tone, and I don't know how she 'knew' that my seat was the one ahead, as she had never seen my ticket. So I said, "No, it’s definitely not. You're in my seat. What seat number are you supposed to be in?" She replies, "20H and 20K." Then I said, "That would be those two (pointing at the two ahead)." I then pointed at the seat numbers on the overhead bins, and showed her that it said 20 over those seats. But she seemed to think that the seats were the row behind the corresponding number, as opposed to the seats RIGHT UNDER the number. So she kept sitting there, just gawking back and forth from her ticket, to the seat number, to the seat. I woke up at four in the morning, and was operating on three hours sleep, and I was not in the best of moods, especially after being felt up by the security guy. So I then said, "Okay, these seats are in row twenty, and those are your seats (pointing at them), and these seats are in row twenty one, and that is my seat (pointing at it)." That seemed to do the trick, as she and her son quickly moved up to there seats. So after getting that solved I sat down in my correct seat, which was in the emergency exit row, and had ample leg room. So we have almost everybody on board now, and it looked like we were ready to go. Pushback was at 7:01am.

In Flight:

We took off at 7:16am, and climb up to cruise altitude rather quickly. Soon thereafter, they put a movie on, which was Night at the Museum, starring Ben Stiller. I had already seen this movie, and I liked it, so I was going to watch it. So I take the headphones out of the bag and plug them in. I then try to put it to the right channel on the little converter control thing on the armrest; and it won't work. I tried every button on there, and none of them worked; not the channel selection, volume selection or the flight attendant call button. But the light button did work, and my reading light went on. After fiddling around with it for a bit, I realized it wasn't going to work so I gave up and was going to go for a nap. So I try to turn the reading light off, and now that button doesn't work either. So I went the whole flight with the light on me, which was kind of irritating but I didn't really care. So by that point the snack buggy was coming around, and I wasn't going to miss it this time. I decided I would go for one of the Subway sandwiches; which of course costs you money, as Air Canada doesn't provide a meal service. They also make you pay for a pillow and a blanket. So I order the sub, and the flight attendant says they don't have that, so she gives me one of the Swiss Chalet lunch sandwiches. Believe it or not, I actually quite enjoyed it. The only thing was that it was sort of hard to handle, as it was overfilled with chicken, and every time I take a bit you get some chicken shooting out the back of the sandwich. But other than that, it was very good, and I would recommend it if I remembered what it was called. I went for another nap, and by the time I awoke we were descending into Pearson.

Departing Vancouver Int'l






About 80 miles away from Pearson


On Final into Pearson



Taxiing to the gate

Post Flight:

We made it to the gate rather quickly, but we had to wait there for about ten minutes as the ground crews weren't ready because they weren't expecting us so early. Once we parked I was off the plane quick and to the baggage claim in good time. It took about forty-five minutes this time before the bags started coming down though. After I retrieved my bags, it was back home.


All in all, I would fly Air Canada again, and I would recommend them. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt, and say that the whole five hour late departure was a one time thing. I mean shit happens, who knows who or what was at fault for the late departure. I guess I would have a different outlook if I had been late for a meeting or missed an event or something, but I didn't. Other than that, I was pleased with Air Canada, and I will fly with them again in the future.

And that's the end of that chapter. Keep an eye out for my next Trip Report when I fly Porter Airlines in August 2007 from Toronto (YTZ) -- Ottawa (YOW) -- Halifax (YHZ) -- Montreal (YUL) -- Toronto (YTZ).

21 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineBuck3y3nut From United States of America, joined Jul 2006, 887 posts, RR: 0
Reply 1, posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

excellent trip report. really enjoyed the pictures. Vancouver looks amazing and I think I would like to go there now!!! Keep up the good work  Smile

User currently offlineKLM685 From Mexico, joined May 2005, 1577 posts, RR: 17
Reply 2, posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 2 days 12 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

WOW! Great Trip reports, one of the best i've read lately. The pictures in particular are amazing, I can't wait longer to go skiing somewhere! The city also looks amazing!


KLM- The Best Airline in the World!
User currently offlineSan747 From United States of America, joined Dec 2004, 5012 posts, RR: 12
Reply 3, posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 2 days 11 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Quoting BowflexBrennan (Thread starter):
That guy better move faster

That comment caused a nice laugh!

Nice report, great that you flew an A340 on the route!

Scotty doesn't know...
User currently offlineAY104 From Canada, joined Nov 2005, 514 posts, RR: 6
Reply 4, posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 2 days 10 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Great report! Glad you like Vancouver, and also my favourite pub - Irish Heather! I didn't even attempt to get in this last weekend, because of St. Patrick's Day.
Your departure from Toronto was much like the one I had last September. The delay just seemed to creep along, although 3 hours instead of 5. There were any number of ridiculous excuses, this was due to a tire change on the front gear. After they had changed the tire, we boarded, and were told that we still couldn't leave, because the other wheel still wasn't changed. After that was done, they announce that the baggage was not loaded because they are not allowed to do that during a tire change. That wasn't the only problem: there would be no-one to load it because they sent the ground crew to dinner, so we had to wait for them to get back. It seems every time I leave Toronto, there is some delay. The worst of it is, that there seems to be absolutely no communication between their operations, or ground control, and the gate agents and flight crew. I also get the opinion, that however pleasant or otherwise the ground staff may be, they have simply lost interest in the whole thing. I know some agents who work for AC, and some of the stories they tell would be enough to curl your hair! Shortage off staff is at least one. I am not surprised at their lack of interest, as a matter of fact I am quite amazed at times how pleasant some of them are. They really have been, and are going through, a very rough time as I see it. I can understand their frustration, and really do admire most of them for maintaining a very professional and friendly profile. I go out of my way to treat them well, and normally I find they respond in kind. Golden Rule, I guess. I see know reason to abuse a staff member when they are attempting to smooth over a situation which is entirely not their fault.
Anyway, thanks for the great trip report! By the way, I have to admit I prefer Toronto to Vancouver, although I was born here and lived here most of my life. Mainly a cultural thing, though.

The only thing a customer should expect for his/her loyalty is good service
User currently offlinePalmjet From United Kingdom, joined Nov 2001, 1241 posts, RR: 14
Reply 5, posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 1 day 20 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Really enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to do it. Loved your non-av pics as well. Some great shots and fantastic scenery in BC.

Look forward to the next one.

Eastern - Number One To The Sun
User currently offlineEXAAUADL From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 6, posted (9 years 2 months 1 week 18 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Very nice....funny guys

User currently onlineJayce From Canada, joined Nov 1999, 530 posts, RR: 0
Reply 7, posted (9 years 2 months 6 days 13 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Awesome report, those photos made are amazing. I was at that exact same hockey game, and it looks like you were about two rows in front of me!

"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer Simpson
User currently offline777ER From New Zealand, joined Dec 2003, 12976 posts, RR: 15
Reply 8, posted (9 years 2 months 6 days 5 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Quoting BowflexBrennan (Thread starter):
Me and Scott on the Ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island (winds were 90km/h)

You should try standing up in 150+km/h winds. Its basically impossible

Quoting BowflexBrennan (Thread starter):
in between the armpits,

Maybe you shouldn't have had the early morning shower.

User currently offlineBowflexBrennan From Australia, joined Jul 2006, 124 posts, RR: 0
Reply 9, posted (9 years 2 months 5 days 16 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Quoting Jayce (Reply 7):
I was at that exact same hockey game, and it looks like you were about two rows in front of me!

Really?! What are the chances of that. What did you pay for your tickets? Funny story actually; we bought our tickets from a scalper, and we got completley ripped off. We ended up paying $100 per ticket to the scalper, and when we go and sit down in our seats, the guy beside us asked us how much we got our tickets for. When we told him we payed $200 for both of them he nearly fell off his chair. He said that he had got four tickets for free from his work, and then he sold our two tickets to the scalper for $30. The fuckin scalper made $170 profit! We were gonna go out and kick his ass after the game, but you can bet he was long gone. And to top that all off, the Canucks lost in overtime; they completley blew it there. They never had posession in OT, and when they did, they turned it over. They really got sloppy there. But it was still a fun time.

User currently onlineJayce From Canada, joined Nov 1999, 530 posts, RR: 0
Reply 10, posted (9 years 2 months 5 days 6 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Actually my girlfriend bought me the tickets for Valentines Day. Kind of made the box of chocolates I got for her look pretty bad. She bought them off of a friend who has season tickets, and I think she paid $120 for both. Why did he only sell them for $30?? I've seen tickets on Craigslist for the same area for about $70 each.

Yeah they blew that 2-0 lead pretty quickly. I went to the Canucks-Nashville game last week and once again they were up 2-0 in the first. This time they managed to hang on to the lead though and ended up winning 2-0. It was good, though I always have fun there. I almost don't mind paying $8 for a beer.  Wow!

"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer Simpson
User currently offlineBowflexBrennan From Australia, joined Jul 2006, 124 posts, RR: 0
Reply 11, posted (9 years 1 month 2 weeks 2 days 19 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Quoting Jayce (Reply 10):
I almost don't mind paying $8 for a beer.

Yeah well eight dollars is pretty cheap compared to the Leaf's games, which if I recall correctly are closer to twelve or thirteen dollars.

User currently offlineContinentalEWR From United States of America, joined May 2000, 3762 posts, RR: 12
Reply 12, posted (9 years 1 month 2 weeks 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 32767 times:

Great report, but the comment at the World Trade Center is offensive. Ruined my opinion of your report.

User currently offlineBowflexBrennan From Australia, joined Jul 2006, 124 posts, RR: 0
Reply 13, posted (9 years 1 month 1 week 9 hours ago) and read 32356 times:

Quoting ContinentalEWR (Reply 12):
the comment at the World Trade Center is offensive

I apolagize if I have offended you or any other readers, I did not intend to by any means. I just thought it was strange that that specific building in Vancouver had the same name as those that were in New York.

User currently offlineN202PA From United States of America, joined Jun 2000, 1577 posts, RR: 3
Reply 14, posted (8 years 11 months 1 week 4 days 22 hours ago) and read 31157 times:

This trip report was a lot of fun. Great descriptions, great photos, and it reminded me of the days I spent in Canada years ago (Toronto area, though, not Vancouver).

Great job, and thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Porter later this summer.

User currently offlineYULYMX From Canada, joined May 2006, 977 posts, RR: 1
Reply 15, posted (8 years 11 months 1 week 4 days ago) and read 30768 times:

Great picture  Smile


User currently offlineCyclonic From Australia, joined Jan 2005, 231 posts, RR: 2
Reply 16, posted (8 years 11 months 1 week 3 days 1 hour ago) and read 30542 times:


I really miss Vancouver....


Keith Richards: The man that Death forgot...
User currently offlineB-HXB From New Zealand, joined Jan 2001, 745 posts, RR: 0
Reply 17, posted (8 years 11 months 1 week 2 days 5 hours ago) and read 30352 times:

Freaking hilarious! Burst out laughing several times and attracted strange looks from my coworkers. A brilliant masterpiece! (including all the not quite PC comments that were funny without managing to be outright offensive!)

User currently offlineWestJetYQQ From Canada, joined Jan 2007, 2987 posts, RR: 4
Reply 18, posted (8 years 11 months 1 week 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 30184 times:

Quoting N202PA (Reply 14):
This trip report was a lot of fun. Great descriptions, great photos, and it reminded me of the days I spent in Canada years ago (Toronto area, though, not Vancouver).

Great job, and thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Porter later this summer.

Agreed. I quite enjoyed the report. Sorry you had to get felt up dude!  Wink

Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.
User currently offlineCurticool From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 19, posted (8 years 9 months 2 weeks 6 days 20 hours ago) and read 29391 times:

Great Trip Report Looks Like Fun
Wish I Was There...  Smile

User currently offlineOA260 From Ireland, joined Nov 2006, 30071 posts, RR: 59
Reply 20, posted (8 years 9 months 2 weeks 4 days 2 hours ago) and read 29001 times:

WOW the photos were cool. Very well written also.

Thanks for a great TR


User currently offlineGreggarious From United States of America, joined Jul 2007, 361 posts, RR: 0
Reply 21, posted (8 years 9 months 2 weeks 3 days 16 hours ago) and read 28781 times:

Wow, great report of what appeared to be an awesome trip. I always feel the same way that you did before traveling. I'll definitely have to go to Vancouver one of these days (especially if 'Berto Luongo is still in town... I miss him as a Panther)

Top Of Page
Forum Index

Reply To This Topic Air Canada - Toronto(YYZ) To Vancouver(YVR) W/pics
No username? Sign up now!

Forgot Password? Be reminded.
Remember me on this computer (uses cookies)
  • Trip reports only! Other topics here
  • If criticizing an airline, express yourself in a dignified manner.
  • No adverts of any kind. This includes web pages.
  • No hostile language or criticizing of others.
  • Do not post copyright protected material.
  • Use relevant and describing topics.
  • Check if your post already been discussed.
  • Check your spelling!
Add Images Add SmiliesPosting Help

Please check your spelling (press "Check Spelling" above)

Similar topics:More similar topics...
Air Canada - YUL-YYZ-YYZ-VRA-YYZ-YUL posted Mon Aug 26 2002 04:56:57 by Crank
Air Canada TLV-YYZ-MCI posted Sat Jun 30 2001 02:03:18 by AeroGlobeAir7
The "New" Air Canada? YYC-YYZ-YUL-YYC posted Sat Nov 11 2000 04:33:31 by Carioca Canuck
Air Canada YWG-YYZ Oct 6- Oct 9 posted Wed Oct 11 2000 00:02:22 by AC_A340
Vancouver To Havana Via YYZ On Air Canada. posted Wed Mar 29 2006 04:45:30 by Boeing744
Back To School: Air Canada YYZ-YHZ posted Sun Oct 15 2006 08:34:03 by YYZYHZ
Air Canada Jetz Winnipeg-Toronto-Ottawa Pics+vids posted Mon Sep 25 2006 05:23:03 by MEL
Ultra Long Haul YYZ-HKG Air Canada A345 Pics+vids posted Wed Sep 20 2006 04:42:04 by MEL
YXE-YVR-YXE On Air Canada. (lots Of Pics) posted Sun Dec 18 2005 07:06:08 by Cgagn
Air Canada YYZ To HNL posted Tue Apr 10 2001 04:32:48 by BigD
Air Canada FRA-YYZ-MSP (some Pics) posted Fri Aug 24 2007 23:24:52 by Caspritz78
Air Canada AC112/742 Executive Class YVR-YUL-LGA posted Mon Sep 15 2008 10:12:12 by Lufthansa747
Air Canada AC557 Executive Class LAX-YVR posted Thu Sep 11 2008 08:52:26 by Lufthansa747
Air Canada - YUL-YYZ-YYZ-VRA-YYZ-YUL posted Mon Aug 26 2002 04:56:57 by Crank
Air Canada TLV-YYZ-MCI posted Sat Jun 30 2001 02:03:18 by AeroGlobeAir7
The "New" Air Canada? YYC-YYZ-YUL-YYC posted Sat Nov 11 2000 04:33:31 by Carioca Canuck
Air Canada YWG-YYZ Oct 6- Oct 9 posted Wed Oct 11 2000 00:02:22 by AC_A340
Vancouver To Havana Via YYZ On Air Canada. posted Wed Mar 29 2006 04:45:30 by Boeing744
Air Canada YLW-YVR-YYC-LAX ERJ190 (PICS!) posted Thu Apr 23 2009 02:44:34 by YLWbased

Sponsor Message:
Printer friendly format