Search found 19418 matches

by Mir
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Michael Cohen's mystery client named....
Replies: 48
Views: 1507

Re: Michael Cohen's mystery client named....

OA412 wrote:
As numerous press reports have indicated, Cohen barely keeps up the pretense of practicing law. His (sole?) specialty appears to be intimidating vulnerable women into signing NDAs.


And negotiating shady real estate deals.

Jump to post
by Mir
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Michael Cohen's mystery client named....
Replies: 48
Views: 1507

Re: Michael Cohen's mystery client named....

Ok so why does this matter? Perhaps because Hannity has been defending Cohen on his program vocifierously without disclosing that he has a business relationship with him (and was, in fact, apparently trying to keep that relationship a secret). Many in the media have lost their jobs for far less of ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:11 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: FBI Raids Trump's Lawyer & GOP Deputy Finance Chair Michael Cohen
Replies: 121
Views: 2839

Re: FBI Raids Trump's Lawyer & GOP Deputy Finance Chair Michael Cohen

The subpoenaed raids on Cohen's home, office and motel room (there while renovations at his main apartment) has Donald Trump really steamed and why not. How would you like it if your lawyer was in the same situation and you fear personal information may leak out or used against you. Simple solution...

Jump to post
by Mir
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:00 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Maryland School shooting
Replies: 121
Views: 3141

Re: Maryland School shooting

I'll leave you with this (morons who lamely assign words to statements that others have never made): https://www.americanweaponscomponents.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/george-washington-guns-quote.jpg Speaking of lamely assigning words to statements that others have never made...George Washington...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Bolton is in as National Security Advisor ! !
Replies: 51
Views: 1610

Re: Bolton is in as National Security Advisor ! !

People are freaked out about any moves that Donald Trump makes, just because he's a Republican (and *not* a Democrat). No, people are freaked out about him because he's Donald Trump, and thus has no idea what the hell he's doing, is potentially corrupted by foreign governments, and is easily swayed...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:25 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: GOP candidate that Insulted Shooting Survivors has dropped out
Replies: 16
Views: 733

Re: GOP candidate that Insulted Shooting Survivors has dropped out

Wow, a Republican admitted to saying something stupid, and properly dropped out? I didn't think that was possible anymore. The party of "personal responsibility" (whatever the hell that really means) has sorely been missing a lot of it lately. Lest we go around proclaiming this guy as a h...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:17 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Sessions Fires McCabe 2 days before Retirement.
Replies: 62
Views: 1805

Re: Sessions Fires McCabe 2 days before Retirement.

Seems like this could happen to thumbelina klansman Sessions at any moment too, so he shouldn’t get too comfortable He probably bought himself a few extra weeks with this kowtow to Il Douche. And the "Sessions is uber-conservative, but at least he does things properly" narrative, deserved...

Jump to post
by Mir
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:00 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: House rejects GOP bill easing restrictions on experimental drugs
Replies: 11
Views: 358

Re: House rejects GOP bill easing restrictions on experimental drugs

stratosphere wrote:
So looks like most of the Democrats in the house are against easing the use of experimental or unproven drugs for terminally ill patients.


Good thing the Republicans control the House, so they don't have to worry what the Democrats think in order to pass bills they want to pass.

Jump to post
by Mir
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Student walkouts over 2nd Ammendment
Replies: 59
Views: 1486

Re: Student walkouts over 2nd Ammendment

AA747123 wrote:
All over the country students are walking out of class to protest our most important god given right, the 2nd amendment. These kids should should face severe corrective action up to expulsion from school.


Weird that you would have them punished for exercising their God-given 1st Amendment right.

Jump to post
by Mir
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: United replacing employee bonuses with new program
Replies: 125
Views: 12552

Re: United replacing employee bonuses with new program

For example, lets say you have a person working in the luggage facility. Employee A handles 100 bags in a given timeframe and employee B handles 70 in that same time frame. Assuming all other factors are equal (i.e. they are both able bodied individuals, no physical limitations) do you think Employ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:10 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: President Trump's Personal Pilot Up for FAA Administrator
Replies: 35
Views: 1292

Re: President Trump's Personal Pilot Up for FAA Administrator

You can say a lot about Trump, but putting a pilot in charge of the FAA probably isn't the worst choice in history. I mean, would an investment banker have been a better choice? Someone with public policy experience would have been a better choice. I honestly doubt that. Back when Justin Trudeau ap...

Jump to post
by Mir
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:05 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: President Trump's Personal Pilot Up for FAA Administrator
Replies: 35
Views: 1292

Re: President Trump's Personal Pilot Up for FAA Administrator

You can say a lot about Trump, but putting a pilot in charge of the FAA probably isn't the worst choice in history. I mean, would an investment banker have been a better choice? Someone with public policy experience would have been a better choice. We don't have to choose between two really crappy ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:26 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Georgia Lt. Governor Threatens DL Over Cutting Ties with NRA
Replies: 273
Views: 8032

Re: Georgia Lt. Governor Threatens DL Over Cutting Ties with NRA

I hope the $50m dollars DL just lost is only the tip of the iceberg. DL should be made an example of, so other corporations learn the appropriate lessons from this. Just so we're clear here, you are in favor of using the tax code to retaliate against someone's political beliefs? Because I remember ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:55 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"
Replies: 81
Views: 2844

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

This is worse than Watergate really when you take into account the intent behind the abuse. Only in Trumpland could a legally obtained warrant to conduct surveillance on a person suspected of being a foreign agent (in other words, exactly the sort of thing that our law enforcement should be doing) ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:09 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"
Replies: 81
Views: 2844

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

The biggest bombshell in the memo is that Fusion GPS dossier was purportedly used to obtain a FISA warrant against a member of the trump campaign. This would have happened under the Obama administration. The fact that the dossier had some connections to the Clinton campaign was allegedly known to t...

Jump to post
by Mir
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:39 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Kentucky School Shooting Is 11th of Year. It’s Jan. 23.
Replies: 140
Views: 4005

Re: Kentucky School Shooting Is 11th of Year. It’s Jan. 23.

Based on election results, there's a 70% chance it's going to be a couple of Trump voters burying their kids in Texas and a 73% chance of the Kentucky victims being children of Trump voters. And also an incredibly high chance that the people burying their children have wanted to do something about ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:41 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: US government shuts down ...
Replies: 139
Views: 4047

Re: US government shuts down ...

huh. So they voted in the same thing they rejected 3 days ago. Trump wins this round. Trump lost the compromise that he was hoping for at first. He played no role in getting this, the Democrats get the CHIP extension they wanted after Republicans used sick children and the military as bargaining ch...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: US government shuts down ...
Replies: 139
Views: 4047

Re: US government shuts down ...

DIRECTFLT wrote:

NO AUTOMATIC CHAIN MIGRATION


You'll be pleased to know there is already no automatic chain migration.

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:40 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: US government shuts down ...
Replies: 139
Views: 4047

Re: US government shuts down ...

EA CO AS wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
5 republicans voted against the measure and 5 democrats voted for it. This is 100% a GOP production


Try again; 60 votes were needed. This is on the Democrats.


Can't complain about not getting 60 if you can't even get 51 when you hold the majority.

Jump to post
by Mir
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump
Replies: 189
Views: 7019

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Trump is still a Lying racist coward. Passing a cognitive test that a person with an iota of self actualization can take does not change his unfitness for office. So what we really learned yesterday is that his racism, his pathological lying and flip-flopping and his clueless impulsiveness aren't d...

Jump to post
by Mir
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:08 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: What would Dr Martin Luther King, Jr think of President Trump?
Replies: 27
Views: 839

Re: What would Dr Martin Luther King, Jr think of President Trump?

I'm more interested in what he would think about all the people in the US who have betrayed themselves in order to support and enable him.

I don't think he'd be pleased.

Jump to post
by Mir
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump : Why do we let people in from (expletive) countries ?
Replies: 165
Views: 5697

Re: Trump : Why do we let people in from sh*thole countries ?

Poignant Point https://twitter.com/BillKristol?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor "Two weeks ago a 26-year old soldier raced repeatedly into a burning Bronx apartment building, saving four people before he died in the flames. His name was Pvt. Emmanuel Mensah and he immigra...

Jump to post
by Mir
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump : Why do we let people in from (expletive) countries ?
Replies: 165
Views: 5697

Re: Trump : Why do we let people in from sh*thole countries ?

Even though he's kinda right you don't say that stuff out loud for Christ sakes :tapedshut: No. He's not right at all. We let people in from those countries because they're good, hardworking people who are crying out for a chance at a better life. The people Donald Trump would keep out are more emb...

Jump to post
by Mir
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:44 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Puerto Rico corruption run amok
Replies: 12
Views: 795

Re: Puerto Rico corruption run amok

So what is the point of posting this? To justify not providing relief for hundreds of thousands of American citizens who have seen their island virtually leveled by a hurricane? Their government leaders are corrupt, therefore they don't deserve assistance? It can't just be corruption. Republicans l...

Jump to post
by Mir
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Aeromexico Nearly Lands on Wrong Runway at SFO
Replies: 70
Views: 11124

Re: Aeromexico Nearly Lands on Wrong Runway at SFO

It would be interesting to know if that was a Visual approach (relatively easy to approach the wrong runway of two very narrowly spaced ones) or an ILS (where you should clearly see the deviation to the localizer, if you haven't tuned the wrong ILS). Nothing prevents you from tuning the ILS frequen...

Jump to post
by Mir
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:05 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: American Airlines to award all Mainline Employees and Wholly - Owned Regional Employees $1,000 in first quarter
Replies: 50
Views: 5713

Re: American Airlines to award all Mainline Employees and Wholly - Owned Regional Employees $1,000 in first quarter

Jeez, complain you are not paid enough, then complain because its "only $1,000." Then complain because of some 'supposed tax increase' down the road you heard about on CNN. You don't want the money don't take it. But just quit complaining. It's not a 'supposed tax increase'. It's in the b...

Jump to post
by Mir
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:46 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Safest Year in Aviation History?
Replies: 48
Views: 9793

Re: Safest Year in Aviation History?

Trump takes credit for record aviation safety https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948195478428102657 Wow. And here I was thinking that it was down to better procedures, better training of crews and mechanics, better CRM procedures and guidelines and more effective regulation on safety. But i...

Jump to post
by Mir
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:12 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Tax reform win.
Replies: 343
Views: 15108

Re: Tax reform win.

I see no way for Republicans to reform spending in any meaningful way. The deficit will skyrocket. Which means that if the GOP still controls the government beyond 2021 they'll tackle entitlements and social programs, using the debt and deficit as an excuse. Oh, and maybe throw in another tax cut b...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:56 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Last Jedi. Spoiler thread. BEWARE!
Replies: 107
Views: 4238

Re: The Last Jedi. Spoiler thread. BEWARE!

As a fan of both SW and ST franchises, it occurs to me that if Starfleet vessels can operate almost indefinitely based on dilithium-powered warp core reactors, the SW vessels shouldn't be reliant upon a concept as rapidly depleting fuel. It was my understanding that most capital ships in Star Wars ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Last Jedi. Spoiler thread. BEWARE!
Replies: 107
Views: 4238

Re: The Last Jedi. Spoiler thread. BEWARE!

I can't help but think there is a rule in the 'Lucas World" that ther to be at least one scene for kids, Or, in this case, an entire plotline, as Finn and Rose embark on a completely byzantine scheme that used up precious screen time so that we could understand the importance of...freeing anim...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:06 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Are Net Neutrality Advocates The Worst People On Earth?
Replies: 92
Views: 3849

Re: Are Net Neutrality Advocates The Worst People On Earth?

For the same reason you are not "entitled" to unlimited gas for your car, or unlimimited beer on the weekend, or HBO, or Showtime, or NFL Network, or NBA network, or NHL network, etc, etc. This is an incorrect analogy. I am not entitled to unlimited gas for my car. I am, however, entitled...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:46 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: KLM pilots will take their caps off
Replies: 132
Views: 22605

Re: KLM pilots will take their caps off

Add to that a very easy way to identify crew in the event of an evacuation, and adds an air of authority in survival situations. A short sighted move getting rid of the pilot hats. Ok, Captain Crieff. :silly: It's kind of surprising that KLM is getting rid of the hats seeing as airlines in the US s...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Tax reform win.
Replies: 343
Views: 15108

Re: Tax reform win.

Your federal tax rate should not depend on your state of residence. Period! When each state gets as much in taxes back from the government as they put in (or at least an equal percentage), then I will agree. Not before. There are no "taxes on higher education." Scholarships will be taxed ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Tax reform win.
Replies: 343
Views: 15108

Re: Tax reform win.

Wow! Look at all these deficit hawks come out of the woodwork! Just for consistency's sake, can you take a moment to condemn the Obama administration for nearly doubling the national debt in 8 years and adding massive new spending programs? That should be an easy, unoffensive request. Sorry, can't ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Net Neutrality
Replies: 60
Views: 2924

Re: Net Neutrality

How about Myth vs. Fact. Q&A http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db1128/DOC-347961A1.pdf Lots of meaningless hysteria that needs to be dispelled. The internet thrived pre-2015 and will do so again. Of course the "facts" are untruths and supposition. It is the ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:17 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Tax reform win.
Replies: 343
Views: 15108

Re: Tax reform win.

You know I've been waiting to pounce on that millions are going to lose their health care because of the elimination of the mandate. I mean really? So millions are going to lose health care because you won't be FORCING them to buy into it not to mention most pay the penalty because they cannot affo...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:20 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Tax reform win.
Replies: 343
Views: 15108

Re: Tax reform win.

You know I've been waiting to pounce on that millions are going to lose their health care because of the elimination of the mandate. I mean really? So millions are going to lose health care because you won't be FORCING them to buy into it not to mention most pay the penalty because they cannot affo...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Tax reform win.
Replies: 343
Views: 15108

Re: Tax reform win.

Sherrod Brown also trying to exploit the we have no time to read it we don't know what is in the bill. Oh well like Nancy Pelosi said "We have to pass the bill to see what is in it." Oh stop it. Obamacare was crafted in public over the course of a year, with hearings, a CBO score, amendme...

Jump to post
by Mir
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:09 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: From Russia with truth
Replies: 604
Views: 18055

Re: From Russia with truth

No, we are not forgetting anything. People in that “part of Ukraine” made their choice to get out of Ukraine and join Russia. That’s what seems to be forgotten, if anything. The referendum was held under Russian military occupation with no option to remain part of Ukraine. The referendum was not le...

Jump to post
by Mir
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:27 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: From Russia with truth
Replies: 604
Views: 18055

Re: From Russia with truth

And please - don’t tell us about NATO purposes. Everyone knows about NATO’s adventures in Yugoslavia, then its leader nations went into Iraq, Lybia. Russia, in contrary, didn’t initiate even a single war for the past 3 decades. Are we just forgetting that Russia invaded and annexed part of Ukraine ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:43 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: From Russia with truth
Replies: 604
Views: 18055

Re: From Russia with truth

Regarding the whole NATO thing: 1) I don't care what you say about NATO defending against a Russian invasion and not intended to invade Russia or whatever. NATO was created to be a contrast to the Warsaw Pact. Thats it. Now when the Warsaw pact ceased to exist, this exact timeframe, is when NATO st...

Jump to post
by Mir
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:42 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: From Russia with truth
Replies: 604
Views: 18055

Re: From Russia with truth

Seriously, I already wrote that no European NATO country, as the NATO contingent in Europe are not able to seriously resist the attack of Russian troops in case of war, that is, even hypothetically, NATO is unable to protect any of the members of the Alliance of States, and especially the Baltic St...

Jump to post
by Mir
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: From Russia with truth
Replies: 604
Views: 18055

Re: From Russia with truth

I am speaking from real world politics, not from abstract ideas. NATO is an organization created for war with Russia. No goals, no methods of NATO since the creation has not changed, we are aware of. At the same time NATO is not an organisation full partners, as I imagine it in the Western media. T...

Jump to post
by Mir
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:44 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX
Replies: 211
Views: 14309

Re: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX

Initial reports indicate that an armed citizen engaged the killer and helped end the rampage. Not really. The killer was only engaged after he was leaving the church. Damage was done at that point. Even at the Walmart shooting in Colorado, people took out their guns afer it was all over, three Lati...

Jump to post
by Mir
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:49 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX
Replies: 211
Views: 14309

Re: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX

NoTime wrote:
Initial reports indicate that an armed citizen engaged the killer and helped end the rampage.


Not really. The killer was only engaged after he was leaving the church. Damage was done at that point.

Jump to post
by Mir
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:34 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX
Replies: 211
Views: 14309

Re: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX

Calling it "Gods plan" as a sarcastic way to make fun of the victims is anything but factual. It's vile. It's the same logic the GOP has been using for more than a decade when they offer 'thoughts and prayers' and nothing else. Are they making fun of them? Let's not lie to ourselves: the ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:50 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX
Replies: 211
Views: 14309

Re: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX

socalgeo wrote:
You would not have tolerated this kind of gleeful sarcasm after the Pulse nightclub shooting


It's not gleeful. It's factual. We, as a country, do not give a crap about people killed by guns. That has been proven again, and again, and again. It's time to stop lying about it.

Jump to post
by Mir
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:47 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX
Replies: 211
Views: 14309

Re: Mass Shooting in Southerland Springs TX

Hey, the God of Guns has to get his sacrifices somehow, right? Anyway, the Giants are really sucking today. I mean, the season is over already, but they're just embarrassing themselves. Who would have ever thought that the Jets would be the best NFL team in NYC, and that it wouldn't be particularly ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:04 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta Employees to Get New Uniforms
Replies: 106
Views: 13050

Re: Delta Employees to Get New Uniforms

They're not bad, honestly. They look pretty sharp, a nice variety of styles but not too much variety. There's just one little problem: Nothing at all about them identifies with Delta. Delta's livery is blue and red. Delta's cabins are blue and grey with some red accents. The crew is going to be the ...

Jump to post
by Mir
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:36 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation
Replies: 24
Views: 968

Re: First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

How crazy is it that there are so many people associated with Trump and his government who could be in legal jeopardy that we have absolutely no idea who these charges are filed against? Normally we'd have a pretty good idea who it was. There's going to be so much "Hillary this, Hillary that......

Jump to post