G-KIRAN
Topic Author

Best Airforce In South East Asia

Sun May 06, 2001 5:34 pm

Which of these countries have the most powerful Air force.Note that Malaysia and Singapore conduct exercises and could be trained by the RAF,RAAF and RNZAF under the 5 powers agreement.
Malaysia:F-18,Mig-29.Malaysia will also be ordering the new F-18 and Su-35.
Singapore:F-16,F-5
Thailand:F-16,F-5
Indonesia:F-16

RE: Best Airforce In South East Asia

Sun May 06, 2001 5:56 pm

while i would think it would be china i would have to say malaysia second would be thailand third would be singapore. I think that Indonesia needs to resolve some domestic issues rather than try to be a power.

tupolev154b2

Mon May 07, 2001 5:21 am

Definitely Malaysia by being one of the few nations with modern fighters from both the US and Russia.

Mon May 07, 2001 10:44 am

The RSAF also have lots of A4SU Super Skyhawk's!

Regards
åviatioÑ_lover

IndianGuy

Mon May 07, 2001 5:00 pm

I find it amazing that a teensy weensy country like Singapore maintains an airforce with F16's! I wonder how their pilots get trained considering that their country must only be 10 minutes flying time from end to end!

Tue May 08, 2001 4:33 am

Indianguy

I can answer your question about the RSAF. I live only 2.5 kilometres from the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Pearce base. We have here stationed on a permanent basis a squadron of Republic of Singapore Air Force S.211's. In addition to Pearce, the RSAF also maintains a base at Amberley (I think) in Queensland.

In addition to all of this, there are regular military exercises held in Australia, which involve Malaysian, Singaporean, Australian and New Zealand (and also British) air forces. This is done under the 5-nation alliance which the above country's are a part of.

Cheers

Scotty

Tue May 08, 2001 5:04 am

Singapore may be small but its also very densely populated and very rich, prosperous, nationalistic and if you've been there you've got to admit that everything there works as it should, therefore I believe that RSAF is best AF in SE Asia...

regards,
Matt S.

Wed May 09, 2001 9:20 pm

I would go for Malasya since it has Mig-29 and if it will have Su-35 it will definetely rule out all the F-18's and other junk...

BBC_CCCP
RUS AF RULES!!!