galaxy5

Fog In The Cockpit

Sat May 26, 2001 6:49 am

now thats good air conditioning

"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

RE: Fog In The Cockpit

Sat May 26, 2001 11:35 am

Not really, it's just high humidity of the ambient air. I remember every time we were desending into Panama the pax would freak out at the site of all this condensation.  Smile

Also, you're really not supposed to let the a/c work so hard, you could blow the system.

B747

Sat May 26, 2001 12:04 pm

You can freeze the A/C Packs doing that for too long.
Brian
At Pope, where not happy, until you're not happy!

galaxy5

Sat May 26, 2001 7:25 pm

of all the aircraft ive been on he C-5 has the best airconditioning system. as for the photo's there we couldnt get the fog to quit it was just to humid. it was almost at full hot. and if you manage it well there is no problem of blowing the ducts off the water separator as long as the temp is above the freezing level. you should know that.
"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

JohnM

Sun May 27, 2001 2:19 am

Funny you guys talk about blowing ducts and that sort of thing. Many times while working in the boiler room, with the a/c cranking (of course hell is colder than the envir compt) I would sit with my back on the water separator as I worked. It helps you stay a little bit cooler back there as you are slowly being cooked alive. One of my ELEN pals told me when they freeze up they somtimes break loose and take the mounts right off the floor. I wasn't aware of that, and I try to keep my distance from them now. I always tell new 3 levels that the water sep is a water/urine separator for the latrine, and that works to keep them clear! And of course most have heard about people taking the troop to max hot and melting the panels back there. Not a good thing.