cannibalz3

Aircraft At David-Mothan

Sat Aug 18, 2001 4:31 pm

Does anyone know how long approx. it would take to resurrect one of the aircraft in storage at Davis-Mothan? Do they actually do any good there or does the government just put planes there for lack of better things to do? How long does a plane sit in there until it gets destroyed, anyway? (not counting B-52s-those are treaty requirements). Does anyone ever get the bright idea to cannibalize those planes for parts or try to sell the planes off or something?

L-188

RE: Aircraft At David-Mothan

Sat Aug 18, 2001 5:33 pm

The time to restore the aircraft depends on how it was stored, which depends on what type of status it was on.

I am sorry but I can't remember the white sheet I saw online once about what catagories of storage there are at DM. I believe you can link it through their website as well as a list of what is stored there.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

IMissPiedmont

Sun Aug 19, 2001 2:26 am

AMARC has aircraft in storage that could be flying again in 48 hours and there are aircraft stored there that will never leave. There is a section at AMARC that has aircraft that will not be scrapped for centuries. Nostly the Agent Orange C-123s but a couple of radioactive MiGs as well.
AMARC is also the prime source of overseas military sales.
Parts recovery is a large part of the mission. AMARC is, I believe, the only US government agency that makes a profit.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Sun Aug 19, 2001 10:58 am

Does any body know what is held AMARC re in terms of aircraft types and numbers.

Or can you give me link where this information may be located.

Thanks

IMissPiedmont

Sun Aug 19, 2001 11:21 am

Since you asked so nicely. amarcexperience.com is where you need to look.

L-188

Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:13 pm

Actually there has been one other.

For a while there the IRS seized for back taxes and then operated a buisness called the, "Mustang Ranch" in Nevada. I won't go into the nature of the buisness but they did make a profit until some news company did a story about the place.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

IMissPiedmont

RE: L-188

Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:22 am

Very true. I forgot about that little operation.