tommy the cat

Qualifications For Raaf Pilot?

Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:42 pm

i am 16 years old and i am interested in joining the raaf as a pilot. i was wondering if anyone had a good idea what qualifications i need or could help me increase my chances of becoming a pilot. thanks.

Glenn

RE: Qualifications For Raaf Pilot?

Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:02 pm

Well according to the Latest RAAF pilot commercials, the Pilot is quoted as saying "no more than a dream to fly airlines, and look at me now"

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I think Physics, advanced maths, chemistry and physically fit are a good start  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

flyinghighboy

Sun Mar 10, 2002 12:40 pm

Well there are a few options. I tried for RAAF pilot but I didn't meet all the requirments. The best option to find out is to call the ADF and they will tell you all.
From what I can remember, subjects you need to do at school, this is based on the VCE in victoria but similiar to whatever you do in WA.
Math methods Units 3 & 4
English Unites 3 & 4
and at least a decent ENTER.
After that if you pass the aptutide test, you do another maths test, if you aren't good at maths well consider some other options. You are put before an officer selection panel after your medical etc. (This is how I remember the recruit guy telling me so there might be a few flaws here.) If you pass that, there is still a long way to go, not many make it but it's worth a try if you really want to be one.

ericCieslar

Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:11 pm

yeah i too want to be a raaf pilot

i finished my vce last year but i didnt do math methods so im doing it this year at tafe so that i can have a go at getting into the raaf

my advice to you would be do as good as you can in school and just ring the raaf and ask them what you need to do