FlagshipAZ
Topic Author

Any Update At The Usaf Museum?

Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:53 am

Season Greetings one & all...
Just looking for "Broke" here. If he sees this, can you give us the latest update & happenings at my favorite military aircraft museum? How's life in and around the Dayton area? Merry Christmas to all the wonderful volunteers at the United States Air Force Museum.  Wink/being sarcastic Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

TWAL1011

RE: Any Update At The Usaf Museum?

Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:58 am

Yeah, I'd like to know too. Last time I was there was last September. There were talking about moving some A/C including the XB-70. Sure would be cool to be there in person to see that baby moving!

broke

Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:28 am

I will be working in the Modern Flight Hangar tomorrow (Dec. 21) in the afternoon. I do know that the RAF Tornado GR 1 is on display there, although, this is likely to be a temporary location. The Kettering Gallery will have a display on "Desert Storm" and the Tornado should end up in that location.
I'll give you a run down on what I see after I get back home.

In the "Oh by the way" department; the Dayton Air Show is from July 17-20. They are scheduled to have the Thunderbirds, the Blue Angels, the Snow Birds, and the Patouille (spelling, yuk)de France.

At least that is what their web site has. No other details yet.

FlagshipAZ
Topic Author

Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:07 am

Okay Broke...we're ready for that update now.  Wink/being sarcastic And please tell me ANYTHING relating to the B-36 at the museum. Happy holidays & regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin