maiznblu_757

Blue Angels Have 2 Marines Flying In Demo

Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:25 am

This is the first time I can remember that the US Navy Blue Angels have 2 Marines flying in the formation, the slot and the lead solo are Marines this season. In years past, they only had one Marine Corp. Representative. The Events Coordinator, is also a Marine.

I know there are a lot of Marines on the whole team (ground crew members, C130 crew) I have never seen two flying in the formation though, only one in years past.

LMP737

RE: Blue Angels Have 2 Marines Flying In Demo

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:15 am

WHAT! Two Marines flying for the Blue Angels. What has befallen the USN where they would have to resort to this!?  Big grin

When I was stationed at Miramar the Blue Angels would use our ramp and hanger for the yearly air show. Which meant of course we had to move our planes to another part of the base. All the Hornet technicians were USN and the C-130 tech's USMC. Wonder if that has changed at all.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

ExitRow

Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:26 am

Actually, Dan Shipley (USMC) is #3, Left Wing not Slot. Maj. Len Anderson (USMC) has moved from #6 to #5 as is customary for third year solo pilots.

I got Maj. Anderson climbing out of his Hornet last year:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © William Anthony - AIRFRAMES

He looks pissed off ...  Big thumbs up

gocaps16

Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:44 pm

Remember boys, the Marine Corps is under the Department of the NAVY.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

In 400 division, powerplants of Aircraft Intermediate Maintainance Detachment Oceana, there is only one marine cpl. with workcenter 414 for the F404s/414 mods. Quite an odd sight, tho.

Kevin

GulfstreamGuy

Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:40 am

It reminds me of a line from the movie "A Few Good Men"..

Lt. Daniel Kaffee (Tom Cruise): "Lt. Kendrick, did I say something to offend you?"
Lt. Jonathan Kendrick (Kiefer Sutherland): "No, LT., I like all you navy boys. Because every time we go into battle, you're kind enough to give us a ride."

..classic!

GulfstreamGuy
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. " -Jimmy Buffett