EMBTucano
Topic Author

Two Embraer' Tucano Colide In Mid Air.

Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:23 pm

Skywriting planes crash
14/02/2004

Sao Paulo - A pair of Brazilian Air Force planes belonging to the country's famed Demonstration Skywriting Squad crashed during training Friday morning, but all four crew members in the two aircraft ejected to safety, the air force said.

The two planes collided in mid-air but the four crew members were able to eject before the aircraft plunged to the ground, the air force said in a statement.

The accident occurred in a remote area of Sao Paulo state 250km north of the city of Sao Paulo. The Air Force said there were no injuries or property damage.

The planes are part of a four-aircraft group modeled after the US Navy's Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team.

The Brazilian squad uses T-27 Tucano aircraft, a propeller-driven training plane built by Brazilian manufacturer Embraer.

The team performs flight acrobatics while emitting colored streams of smoke. Most recently, it performed in the skies over Sao Paulo, Brazil's biggest city, during celebration of the city's 450th birthday on January 25.
---- Use GNU/LINUX and be free! ----

HaveBlue

RE: Two Embraer' Tucano Colide In Mid Air.

Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:49 pm

Is that the same team that used to be known as the Brazilian Smoke Squadron? Thinking it is, since they used Tucano's as well. Seen them around 10 years or so ago, I liked their show.
Here Here for Severe Clear!

EMBTucano
Topic Author

RE: Two Embraer' Tucano Colide In Mid Air.

Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:14 pm

HaveBlue,
you are right, their are very popular in Brazil and well known by the name
Esquadrilha da Fumaça "Smoke Squadron". I used to see them
every year in my city's anniversary. Good memories.  Smokin cool

Cheers
---- Use GNU/LINUX and be free! ----