NightFlier
Topic Author

Can I Take Photos?

Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:06 am

I am going to the Kennedy Space Center in 2 weeks and was wondering do they allow the tourist to take photos when they are there?
Airplanes are only as good as the people who fly&fix them.

JetMechMD80

RE: Can I Take Photos?

Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:46 am

Of course they do. The US Manned Space Program, has always been pretty wide open. If they allow you to see it, you can bet you will be able to take a photo of it. Enjoy your trip, its a great place. And if you have the time, another great tour would be the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. It is on the south end of the cape. You can access it from the road going to the North Docks at Port Canaveral. Its a great tour, you can see where Al Sheapard begain his journey, and the blockhouse where the launch was controled is restored at the site. Be sure to check and make sure it is still open to the public, as it is on a active Air Force Base. Hope hope it is, it would be a shame to close it.
One more tip, for a very close up view of Pad 39A, and B, go to Tittusville and take the beach road to Playlinda Beach. You will end up about a mile from the pad. Very interesting. Lots of history there, it is where the Apollos were lauched from. And the beach is topless  Smile Makes for a nice trip. It is closed during launch's, and may be closed when a Shuttle is on the pad.

Have a great trip.
"I get along great with nobody"~ Billy Idol

N328KF

Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:50 am

Yeah, and if you manage to catch the right tour, your guide will be some old coot who used to work on one of the original Mission Control teams for Mercury, etc. When I was there, we got to spend extra time looking at stuff and talking to him, since there were only a small number of people in my group, so I was doublely lucky. If you're unfortunate, you'll get a big group and a young whippersnapper as your guide.
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

NightFlier
Topic Author

Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:25 am

Thank You I am really excited about the tour.
Airplanes are only as good as the people who fly&fix them.