Contemplating Becoming A Pilot

Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:30 am

I am at Embry riddle and I want to fly military aircraft. I was prior naval service enlisted.
Do you think that it is still worth it to fly, and even attempt to get into ROTC or OCS or continue with my bachelors in Biology and Chemistry?
I love aviation but it seems like there will/are no jobs there and it seems like the military is cutting back and I am afraid that i might be disqualified ( i am black) but i want to fly a c130 so bad or a f/a/18 hornet my love. It seems like things are not going well in the airline industry and like all else when one company goes under another starts, do you think i should still pursue my dreams of being a pilot or go to medical school and become a dentist.
All replys will be appreciated, thank you.

RE: Contemplating Becoming A Pilot

Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:20 am

If you want to be a military pilot, GO FOR IT! I know the U.S Air Force is cutting back on their Enlisted Personnel, however, they always need pilots. I'm sure the Navy is the same way.....Always could use some fighter pilots.  Wink/being sarcastic
And I KNOW race is not an issue!(I happen to know several African-American pilots).

Good Luck!
Team Stealth...when it absolutely, positively HAS to be taken out overnight!