rg828

FEN-TV

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:58 am

Hi guys,
Back in the mid-80s I lived in the Phillipines and our condominium provided cable TV that included the U.S. Armed Forces Far-Eastern Network TV (FEN.)

It was cool because it was the only channel that provided contemporary American programs back then. My favourite was Married with Children!

Anyway, their programming was military-based, with military-directed ads (priceless!), etc. One cool service was the MAC flight schedules out of Subic and Clark, which included aircraft type.

My question is whether US Military TV still exists today, in places where there is heavy US presence.

Japan? Italy maybe?
I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

AGM114L

RE: FEN-TV

Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:12 am

Yeah, Armed Forces Radio and Television, visit them at www.afrts.osd.mil
Satellite TV is everywhere too.

What is also real big in Iraq and other places overseas is making multimedia collages on laptops using personal cameras and videocams.
My Boeing can blow up your Boeing

SATL382G

RE: FEN-TV

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:11 am

Quoting AGM114L (Reply 1):
What is also real big in Iraq and other places overseas is making multimedia collages on laptops using personal cameras and videocams.

Whats the above have to do with AFaRTS?  Smile
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill