aseem

French Missiles For Indian Air Force

Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:18 am

France and India Discuss Missiles for Indian Fighter Aircraft
08/21/2005 10:07:14 PM

France and India are discussing the integration of modular air-to-surface weapons on the Indian air force's Sukhoi Su-30MKI and MiG-29 fighter aircraft.

Sagem Defense and Security, part of the Safran Group, is discussing an agreement with India covering the Armament Air-Sol-Modulaire (AASM) range of precision-guided weapons now in development for the French air force.

A Sagem official says the company has been in talks with India for a "few months" concerning a possible AASM purchase. The French company already provides some avionics systems for India's Su-30MKIs.

Were a deal to be struck, it would not be the first time for India to integrate a foreign weapon on its Su-30MKI. New Delhi has already selected a version of the Israeli Rafael Popeye medium-range air-to-surface missile. Indian interest in the AASM also underscores a gap in Russia's own weapons inventory, which has no comparable system.

From Aviation Week

the report also states that so far Russia discourage incorporation of weapon systems manufactured by other countries. So this is a sort of change in strategy from their side. For India, it is best of all the worlds.
rgds
VT-ASJ
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

AirRyan

RE: French Missiles For Indian Air Force

Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:42 pm

I have no problems with that, good deal for both of them.

HAWK21M

RE: French Missiles For Indian Air Force

Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:11 pm

Great News.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)