thowman

Did Nasa Put Men On The Moon?

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:54 pm

I am just listening to a phone in programme here in the UK, discussing the planned moon landings, and according to their poll, 61% of the listeners think that man has never landed on the moon.

What do you think?

vzlet

RE: Did Nasa Put Men On The Moon?

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:05 pm

73% of people think that there are no phones in the UK, so it's possible that the program you listened to was in fact a hoax.
"That's so stupid! If they're so secret, why are they out where everyone can see them?" - my kid

dl021

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Quoting Thowman (Thread starter):
I am just listening to a phone in programme here in the UK, discussing the planned moon landings, and according to their poll, 61% of the listeners think that man has never landed on the moon.

What do you think?

There's a guy here in the States called Art Bell who has hundreds of thousands of listeners, and there are similar numbers of people who buy the National Enquirer every week.

There's people that think the professional wrestling is on the level.

I think they're all nuts.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

SATL382G

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:40 pm

I get a kick out of the people who want to know why there are no stars in the photos from the moon..... Apparently they have never been outside on a sunny day here on earth.....  Smile
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

garnetpalmetto

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:11 am

What do you think?

I think you should go up to Buzz Aldrin and ask him yourself  box 

http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-35441.html

http://www.csicop.org/articles/20021...aldrin/buzz-aldrin-punch-video.mpg

Seriously though - I have no doubts whatsoever that man has walked on the Moon.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Duce50Boom

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:14 am

and according to their poll, 61% of the listeners think that man has never landed on the moon.

People can come up with statistics to prove any point. 47% of people know that

DeltaGuy

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:16 am

Just goes to show you how ignorant modern society is of priceless history....everything is a hoax (AA flight 77)

Back in the Apollo days, you probably couldn't find a soul in the (civilized) world who didn't know about it, and probably very few Americans weren't proud of it.

Just like ol Buzz....nice video.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

SATL382G

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:22 am

Quoting DeltaGuy (Reply 6):
Back in the Apollo days, you probably couldn't find a soul in the (civilized) world who didn't know about it

Damned straight!!

I know I was glued to the TV for the entire mission....
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

Boeing Nut

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:21 am

Quoting Duce50boom (Reply 5):
and according to their poll, 61% of the listeners think that man has never landed on the moon.

People can come up with statistics to prove any point. 47% of people know that

50% of people think we use 15% of our brain 90% of the time, while 10% of the 50% of people think that these people are nuts 100% of the time.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

cloudy

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:54 am

NOBODY at the time it was done thought it was a hoax. Not the Soviets. Not the thousands of geologists from all over the world who saw the moon rocks. Not a single professional astronomer or engineer ever said such a thing,at least in 1969. There were plenty of powerfull people arround the world who had a lot to gain from exposing any hoax. None of them even tried.

That being said, the fact that anybody believes this just underlines how far the US manned space program has fallen.

LMP737

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:34 am

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 4):
I think you should go up to Buzz Aldrin and ask him yourself

http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-35441.html

http://www.csicop.org/articles/20021...aldrin/buzz-aldrin-punch-video.mpg

Seriously though - I have no doubts whatsoever that man has walked on the Moon.

I'm not one for settling ones differeneces by punching somone in the face but in this instance I'll make an exception. How embarrasing is that, getting your bu kicked by a man in his seventies! And then having the nerve to make a complaint. Seriously though, I put Mr. Sibrel in the same category as the people who believe the "pod theory" about the planes that hit the WTC.

All these people have one thing in common. They all believe that they so much smarter than the rest of us and we are a bunch of "sheep". In actuality there nothing more than a bunch of half wits with nothing better to do.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

aviationmaster

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:51 am

Don't you think that had NASA not put men on the moon we would have heard something from the Soviets (especially right after the Apollo 11 mission)?

GDB

Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:13 am

I regard this question as a test of not only basic knowledge, but also of common sense, ask it with any seriousness and you failed, sorry.

TheSonntag

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:49 am

I just look on the following facts:

The Saturn V launched. Many people saw that.

There is a mirror on the moon which is used today to measure the distance from earth to moon. Maybe a robot could have placed it there, as well. But is it more likely to have an automised robot landing on the Moon in 1969? If you can do that, you can also land on the moon.

The moon missions brought stones back to earth. These were not from earth, so where did they come from?

These 3 facts are enough for me.

But the 4th is even more obvious: As it already was said before, the Soviets would have notified the world at once if there had been no moon landing!

Michael

SATL382G

Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:02 am

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 13):
There is a mirror on the moon which is used today to measure the distance from earth to moon. Maybe a robot could have placed it there, as well. But is it more likely to have an automised robot landing on the Moon in 1969? If you can do that, you can also land on the moon.

The Soviets landed a robot on the moon in 1970 which also had a laser reflector (mirror). They were unable however to successfully land a man on the moon.

garnetpalmetto

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:09 am

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 14):
The Soviets landed a robot on the moon in 1970 which also had a laser reflector (mirror). They were unable however to successfully land a man on the moon.

Not for lack of trying though. The problem they had was that the N-1 rocket which they intended to use never had a successful test and none of them even got to second stage ignition.

http://www.myspacemuseum.com/n1.htm

After the repeated failures of the N-1 and the fact that we beat them there...there wasn't much purpose in continuing with the program.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

centrair

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:33 am

I am sorry but it is all LIES...LIES... LIES

NASA DID NOT PUT MEN ON THE MOON.

I DID. I used over 1 billion Estes Kits!!!!!

Every once in awhile Japanese TV shows that crap about no man ever went to the moon. My students bugged me about it till I finally sat them down and gave them a lesson in light, gravity and SCIENCE. Some were actually inspired others found it annoying.

But I didn't tell them the realy truth...I PUT MEN ON THE MOON. LONG LIVE ESTES!!!!!!
Yes...I am not a KIX fan. Let's Japanese Aviation!

Duce50Boom

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:22 pm

Quoting Boeing Nut (Reply 8):
50% of people think we use 15% of our brain 90% of the time, while 10% of the 50% of people think that these people are nuts 100% of the time.

I'm still amazed at how many people believe that 10% crap. Snopes.com people, it's worth the neurons

JBo

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:44 pm

Quoting Boeing Nut (Reply 8):

And 9 out of 10 experts agree that the 10th expert really needs to chill out.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

HAWK21M

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:13 pm

Controversies everywhere  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

bmacleod

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:44 am

If you have a telescope sharp enough to pick up the flag and lunar lander at landing area at Sea of Tranquility, that would eliminate all doubts....
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul.

cloudy

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:58 am

Quoting Bmacleod (Reply 20):
f you have a telescope sharp enough to pick up the flag and lunar lander at landing area at Sea of Tranquility, that would eliminate all doubts....

No it would not. They would say the telescope is a fake as well. Show them experts examining the and they will simply question the integrity of those experts. If all else failed, they would say the flags were planted by a robotic mission. That is what they do with all the other evidence we are presented with. If anyone has truly heard all the evidence that we really went to the moon and still believes we did not, nothing can help him. Since belief in the moon hoax is not based on evidence in the first place, I fail to see how new evidence could be persuasive.

greasespot

Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:14 am

I wonder how many in here think it ws a hoax but will not say anything for fear of us jumping all over them...

G
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

Thorny

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:28 am

If you have a telescope sharp enough to pick up the flag and lunar lander at landing area at Sea of Tranquility, that would eliminate all doubts....

If the idiots don't believe pictures taken on the scene, why would they believe pictures taken from 200,000 miles away?

SATL382G

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:33 am

Quoting Thorny (Reply 23):

If the idiots don't believe pictures taken on the scene, why would they believe pictures taken from 200,000 miles away?

In any case Hubble took pictures of the Apollo 15, 16, and 17 sites last month....

scbriml

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:58 pm

It's a well known fact that 87.63% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

Speedbird747

Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:33 pm

Back in 1969 many astronomers saw Apollo 11 on its way to the moon through their telescopes... Quite difficult to fake something like that, me thinks.

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 24):
In any case Hubble took pictures of the Apollo 15, 16, and 17 sites last month....

Are these pictures online? Any link? Would be interesting to see them.

Cheers

SATL382G

Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:11 am

Quoting Speedbird747 (Reply 26):
Are these pictures online? Any link? Would be interesting to see them.

I looked for the pix yesterday before I posted the above but they haven't shown up yet. What I know I got from nasawatch.com at this link:

http://www.nasawatch.com/archives/2005/08/why_is_hubble_l.html

I'm sure the pix will show up in a press release eventually.

whitehatter

Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:16 am

I'm still convinced that

1. NASA did in fact go to the moon

2. The pictures, however, were faked.

reasoning for 2 is this. The astronauts used conventional film in the cameras which would have been destroyed by radiation in the airless environment of the moon. Think of X Ray machines and fogging on cameras. So NASA probably did a mockup and reshot the pictures, and that's what the conspiracy buffs have picked up on.

The pictures were done in a studio as those shot on the moon were useless, and NASA needed them badly for publicity.

Except when I put this forward, there is usually a screaming cacophony of cheerleaders and lukewarm IQ types who can't possibly accept that it is at least possible. You know the type. "Why arr you sayin' we didn't go to thu moon? Yoo hate Americuns..."

At least think about it, it could make sense and explain quite a lot....

[Edited 2005-09-22 22:44:14]
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

MissedApproach

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:11 am

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 4):
I think you should go up to Buzz Aldrin and ask him yourself

Awesome! I only wish he had been punched that Micheal Moore freak instead!
Can you hear me now?

tfsphoto

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:15 am

Where's Wally..  Smile I took this photo 10 mins ago..  Smile

Lew

garnetpalmetto

Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:25 am

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 28):
The astronauts used conventional film in the cameras which would have been destroyed by radiation in the airless environment of the moon.

Actually they did not use conventional film, but film specially developed by Hasselblad specifically for hostile environments. As an extra precaution though, the film was kept in a special container to help protect against radiation.

whitehatter

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:21 am

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 31):
Actually they did not use conventional film, but film specially developed by Hasselblad specifically for hostile environments. As an extra precaution though, the film was kept in a special container to help protect against radiation.

doesn't negate what I proposed though. It might have been specially developed but did it actually work as planned? Film has to be exposed after all...and you can't expose a film when it is in a special cannister.

In space and on the moon there is a sleet of constant radiation. There is not going to be much of a chance that any kind of chemical based film could survive that intact.

garnetpalmetto

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:24 am

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 32):
It might have been specially developed but did it actually work as planned?

I'm going to go with Occam's Razor on this one and go with the simplest explanation - that the film in fact did work. Besides, if NASA was cooking the books, so to speak, why would they have done it in such a way that it raised the hackles of every conspiracy theorist with too much time on his hands?

DfwRevolution

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:40 am

>> It might have been specially developed but did it actually work as planned?

You have no way to prove that it didn't.

>> In space and on the moon there is a sleet of constant radiation. There is not going to be much of a chance that any kind of chemical based film could survive that intact.

The magnitude of radiation encountered on Apollo missions have been somewhat exaggerated. All matter, to varying degree, absorbs radiation be it a vehicle, a space suit, or a camera case.

And a chemical couldn't survive the radiation on the lunar surface? Yeah, it could. We have pictures and video reel from Hiroshima immediately during and after the atomic bomb dropped. We have countless pictures and video from nuclear testing. We have pictures and video from Chernobyl. Certain spy satellites during the 1960s, like Corona, orbited with film canisters. Countless astronauts from around the world have flown on the Shuttle, ISS, Mir, etc with film cameras and experienced significant radiation in orbit.

The reason you see the warnings at airports are because certain types of film are more susceptible to X-ray scanning than others. Most 35-mm and disposable films will pass through airport security just fine. The wacky Advanced Picture System that Kodak tried (before it was steamrolled by digital) was highly susceptible to radiation, and thus the reason for the warnings.

Finally, conspiracy axiom: if any pictures were faked, somebody would have talked or somebody would have come clean. It's like Deep Throat coming out, what purpose does it serve to keep it secret anymore?

Thorny

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:40 am

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 28):

reasoning for 2 is this. The astronauts used conventional film in the cameras which would have been destroyed by radiation in the airless environment of the moon.

This is just plain silly. The film (not conventional but specially made) can be and was protected from radiation (which isn't constantly lethal, by the way, its a cumulative dose problem) the same way the astronauts were. The camera was a heavy metal box with nomex thermal insulation all around it, not very different from the spacesuits the astronauts wore, and you evidently admit that the astronauts went to the moon and survived. The film was only briefly out of the camera before being placed in the film boxes, and that was usually inside the LM.

Also, film cameras had previously been used by both Russian "Luna" and US "Lunar Orbiter" probes (which took film photos, scanned them, and transmitted the scans back to Earth.)

whitehatter

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:37 pm

Quoting DfwRevolution (Reply 34):
You have no way to prove that it didn't.

Unless someone does eventually come forward with verifiable and authorative evidence then nobody can.

Quoting Thorny (Reply 35):
This is just plain silly.

No it is not. There has been much debate about whether the Hasselblad cameras and film, plus any special transport arrangements, were in fact up to the job. The astronauts were out on the lunar surface for hours on end, and therefore the cameras were in an immensely hostile environment. Later missions may have learned from the problems with film on Apollo 11, but the conspiracy theorists still bang away at the supposed inconsistencies. Remember also that radiation shielding is bulky and heavy, and weight was critical in the Apollo program. NASA did not spend billions reducing weight to waste it on a camera film tin made of inch thick lead.

My pet theory is this. The pictures were mockups done quickly, hence a few irregularities which were siezed upon by the tin foil hat brigade. NASA was in the Nixon era of spaceflight being sidelined from US Federal budgets and the whole proposed timeline which would have put them on Mars in the 1980s effectively being scrapped. This was also Cold War ear.

In light of this, NASA needed Apollo 11 to be a global publicity triumph without any kind of black mark against it. Photographs of the lunar surface were an essential part of the PR which would help to keep them in at least some kind of business. So they hastily arranged for the pictures to be reshot in a studio or hangar, in secret. The Cold War angle could even have meant external resources being made available, such as CIA expertise.

Occams razor is an interesting concept, but think about it. The scenario I describe above is credible, and covers more bases than other 'theories' out there such as the whole thing being faked.

Thorny

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:56 pm

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 36):
NASA did not spend billions reducing weight to waste it on a camera film tin made of inch thick lead.

In light of this, NASA needed Apollo 11 to be a global publicity triumph without any kind of black mark against it. Photographs of the lunar surface were an essential part of the PR which would help to keep them in at least some kind of business.

Ahem. These two statements are mutually exclusive. If the film was that important to NASA, which it was, they would have put a lot of effort into making a camera and film that would survive a baseline mission, which they did.

And by the way, you don't need inch-think lead, the normal radiation environment is not THAT severe (had there been a solar flare during Apollo, that would be another matter, read Michener's "Space" for a fictional account of what would happen). See previous posters' as well as my own comments regarding Corona, Lunar Orbiter, and Luna probes (as well as the early Mariners to Mars and Venus) all of which used film in space. These machines were most definitely not made of inch thick lead.

Do try to do some basic research into the subject before making proclamations of conspiracy and cover-up, not just reading cool-looking conspiracy web sites or TV shows.

SATL382G

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:21 pm

Quoting Thorny (Reply 37):
See previous posters' as well as my own comments regarding Corona, Lunar Orbiter, and Luna probes (as well as the early Mariners to Mars and Venus) all of which used film in space. These machines were most definitely not made of inch thick lead.

... as well as other film cameras on the LM aside from the Hasselblads...
This theory seems to "ignore" those cameras. How about it WhiteHat, why did the other film cameras work?

The pictures were mockups done quickly, hence a few irregularities

I don't suppose you would care to tell us which "irregularities" you believe in?

whitehatter

Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:13 pm

Quoting Thorny (Reply 37):
Do try to do some basic research into the subject before making proclamations of conspiracy and cover-up, not just reading cool-looking conspiracy web sites or TV shows.

Do try to show some intelligence.

I am merely putting forward a theory which could cover both sides. Nowhere have I stated what I actually believe. Moronic bashing is best left to cheerleaders.

Quoting SATL382G (Reply 38):

I don't suppose you would care to tell us which "irregularities" you believe in?

Please show where I have stated that I believe there are any.

Neither of you should consider a career as a lawyer or advocate. Changing the subject may be acceptable in politics, but in an examination of evidence and drawing possible conclusions it just makes you look stupid.

My actual position is that if what I put forward for discussion here is close to the truth (a concept you two seem to be unable to grasp, that people should ask questions and actually think) then I can understand why NASA would do it given the late 1960s climate.

It would also explain so much 'evidence' which the tin foil hat brigade cling to.

[Edited 2005-09-23 16:15:00]

SATL382G

Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:47 pm

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 39):
Please show where I have stated that I believe there are any.

How quickly you forget........

The pictures were mockups done quickly, hence a few irregularities

Now would you care to tell us what these "irregularities" are?

What about the other cameras WhiteHat? Why did the non-Hasselblad film cameras on the LM not have the radiation problem you claim the Hasselblads had? Perhaps you were not aware of the other cameras when you formulated your "theory"?

If you don't believe there was another film camera aboard consider this. The only TV camera on the Apollo 11 LM was on the descent stage and lunar surface and was left on the moon. While on the surface Armstrong had the only Hasselblad, which is why the only still of him is a reflection in Aldrins visor. So if your "theory" that the Apollo film cameras had a rad problem holds where did the motion picture film of the ascent, with the infamous "flag falling over" bit, come from?

If the pictures were all faked, as you claim, why didn't Armstrong have a picture taken of himself? Wouldn't the first man on the moon want a picture of that momentous event? It would not be any problem to do that if they shot them all on the ground after the fact....

SATL382G

Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:50 pm

Nowhere have I stated what I actually believe.

So you don't actually believe your own "theory". Why bother to post?

Thorny

Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:38 pm

I am merely putting forward a theory which could cover both sides.

And, apparently, refusing to address evidence which we have raised which very clearly destroys your theory. Instead, you resort to name-calling.

This is classic behavior of the conspiracy theorist.

I repeat my advice to you: conduct some research on the subject. It is abundantly clear that your experience to date includes only conspiracy websites and sensationalist TV shows.

Alessandro

Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:13 pm

Yes, the Soviets and Chinese would´ve loved to show NASA as liars, so I don´t think anyone would´ve dared to fake such thing 6 times and why then
the Apollo 13?
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

aeroguy

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:43 pm

Here's a website that I've always thought was a good read:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

GDB

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:55 am

NASA did put a lot of effort into film on the surface, as stated, the radiation thing is way overdone, it's just one of those words that seems to cause a large portion of the general public to lose their common sense.
What they did not do was put as much effort into TV at first, much to the dismay of many at NASA, with the poor quality pics from Apollo 11.
Apollo 12 had a colour camera, until Alan Bean accidently pointed it at the sun.

Apollos 15-17 had increasingly better TV pics, the camera on the Rover, controllable from Houston, served to help Mission Control to better keep track of things during those busy EVA's.
Finally, an Ed Fendell at Houston finally managed to capture the LM ascent stage lift off on Apollo 17.

But the Astronauts own hand hend cameras were not really for taking pretty or historic pictures, they were a vital part of the science carried out on the surface, most notably for photos of samples before removal, vital for the Geologists.

On Apollo 15, Dave Scott took a big telephoto lens with him, so after landing in the Appenine mountains of the Hadley Rille area, he could depressurise the LM, stand on the engine cover, and emerge from the docking port for the CSM, to take a 360 deg series of shots of the landing site.

So the whole notion that NASA would allow non operative photo equipment on the Moon is a nonsense, so typical of the conspriracy people's use of the ignorance of the general public, they never put into context how vital cameras were, the sheer scope of each Lunar EVA.

I'm frankly surprised that Whitehatter ever gave it a shred of consideration.

eaglekeeper101

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:24 am

Quoting Aeroguy (Reply 44):
Here's a website that I've always thought was a good read:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/f....html

In addition to this site, I recommend a visit to http://www.clavius.org

Quite informative, I daresay.
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." - Bahá'u'lláh

Gary2880

Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:27 am

if it had been faked the russians would have been all over americans

i too saw that program the other night, i enjoyed the part with the skeptic where he said 'you go anywhere on earth and you will not see shaddows going in diffrent directions!' then they instantly showed two street lamps with the shaddows divergeing. such ignorance.

landing a man on the moon is in my humble opinion the greatest thing humans have ever accomplished. and probably will be the greatest thing we have done for a long time

the hundreds of hours astronaughts put into training, the thousands of people employed by nasa, the hundreds of thousands it cost to build the saturn V and all the testing that went with it. just to fake it?

you have to ask the conspiricy theorists, wouldnt it have been cheaper to go to the moon in the first place?

i have no time for idiots that have nothing better to do that denounce the greatest thing we have ever done. why would you not want to admit that we were able to do this?

(p.s. please excuse me for making such a long post with the spell checker broken. i did my best)
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

halls120

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:00 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 2):
There's a guy here in the States called Art Bell who has hundreds of thousands of listeners, and there are similar numbers of people who buy the National Enquirer every week.

There's people that think the professional wrestling is on the level.

I think they're all nuts.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

GDB

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:05 pm

I would direct the lame brains to 'Exploring The Moon' by David M Harland, ISBN 1-85233-099-6 (Springer Praxis).

This concentrates on the three J missions, but still with details of previous landings and the unmanned effort.

The sheer amount of data within, the literally minute by minute descriptions of the 9 J mission EVA's, the large body of science surrounding the landings, samples, photographs, is the best possible answer to the naysayers, and this is a commercially published book, not one of the 1000's of science papers based on the returned samples and CSM SimBay results, that still are updated and published to this day, (by no means all of the Apollo samples have been fully investigated).

IMHO foreign opinion, those who are naysayers are pissing on the USA's greatest ever achievement, they are not true Americans.