efcar98

German Chancellor In Washington DC

Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Where did Chancellor Merkel's plane land for her meeting with President Bush? Was it Dulles or Andrews AFB. I presume Dulles because of the Luftwaffe facilities there. Thanks for the help.

JoFMO

RE: German Chancellor In Washington DC

Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:15 am

Isn't she a Chancellorette  Wink

StevenUhl777

Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:17 am

Quoting JoFMO (Reply 1):
Isn't she a Chancellorette

LOL... biggrin 

Kanzlerin, right? (I don't have the umlaut on my keyboard, but I know it goes above the "a".
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

A319XFW

Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:55 am

There are Luftwaffe facilities in Dulles? How come that?

No 'ä' on Kanzlerin!

LTU932

Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:01 am

Quoting EFCar98 (Thread starter):
Was it Dulles or Andrews AFB. I presume Dulles because of the Luftwaffe facilities there.

I never heard of the German Air Force having facilities in IAD. And I doubt they'd land in Andrews unless they have a special military permit for such diplomatic flights into Andrews.

Quoting JoFMO (Reply 1):
Isn't she a Chancellorette

I believe they call her "Madame Chancellor".  Wink

Quoting A319XFW (Reply 3):
No 'ä' on Kanzlerin!

The Word "Kanzlerin" didn't exist until Merkel actually became Chancellor, right? Or was it already in the dictionary before that?

iflymax

Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:30 am

Actually - the only foreign military base on U.S. soil is here at Dulles Airport - the German Air Force administration building on the corner of Aviation and Autopilot drives. It is fully enclosed and guarded and everything - (they apparently host the best Oktoberfest celebration on the East Coast) and Bundesrupublik-owned A310's are parked over by Signature all the time.

Last night, as I was about to turn on to the Expressway from Aviation drive, 12 Police Motorcycle's blocked the way, and the Motorcade went screaming past onto the Express lanes of the DC-bound tollroad. Didn't realize what it was until this morning...

checksixx

Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:15 am

Quoting Iflymax (Reply 5):
Actually - the only foreign military base on U.S. soil is here at Dulles Airport - the German Air Force administration building on the corner of Aviation and Autopilot drives.

Ohh...I'm afraid its not the only one on U.S. soil, there are several more including one that is very public. Hint: Nellis AFB

-Check