leothedog

Air Force One Is Coming To Town

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:19 am

I'm reading that next Saturday, April 22, President Bush is coming to visit my neck of the woods (Sacramento, Ca.).

Question: Is there a way to find out ahead of time when and where he will touch down? I would love to get out there and take some pictures of Air Force One.

Note: This post deals squarely with the air plane. Please keep your political posts to your fingertips and not on your keyboard. Thank you.
I've got things to see and people to do.

AirRyan

RE: Air Force One Is Coming To Town

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:09 am

Are you asking so that you can take some pictures or because you have a MANPADS in your closet you've been itching to try out?

And how do we really know being that this is the internet?

You'd think we could just open a new security line at the airports that will let travellers through w/o a security check if they would simply denounce Allah - Isalmic fundamentalists couldn't "fake" that could they?  

Still, just call FOXnews or CNN - I'm sure they have to tell the reporters when it's going to arrive because that's free speech. (That and I'm sure they have to notify all the commerical traffic in the area or at least ATC at the appropriate time so that they can tell the airliners why they are having to wait on the ground for an extra hour in the hot sun in a cramped coach-pitch seat!)

[Edited 2006-04-17 00:10:54]

dispatchguy

RE: Air Force One Is Coming To Town

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:53 pm

Actually, check the NOTAMS for when the temporary flight restrictions are in effect; because those will be the departure and arrival times; for the TFR will show the window for when civilian arrivals/departures will not be permitted.

The TFRs wont show the exact arrival time; but, you should be able to figure it out.

http://map.aeroplanner.com/mapping/tfr.cfm
Nobody screws you better than an airline job!