phatalbert

Blue Angels With New Aircraft?

Fri May 26, 2006 7:13 am

I was wondering if the F-18 was taken from the Blue Angels such as an aircraft change etc... what would probably runner up... JSF? I dont know if anything else would suit the Blue Angels beside JSF or the F-18? Any comments?

*Isaac*
**Isaac**

AirRyan

RE: Blue Angels With New Aircraft?

Fri May 26, 2006 7:21 am

I suspect that they will probably move up to Super Hornets here within the next few years; the Blue Angels use some of the eldest legacy Hornets that were used for testing and I think the Super Hornet program is far along enough to farm out the original test monkeys.

CF188A

Fri May 26, 2006 8:06 am

Ithink your going to be disappointed to hear that the blue angels plan to keep these until a vast amount of Super Hornets are piled in the desert. But quite frankly.... viewing them at the Joint Services Show this past weekend, I dont see a need for new planes. They were great...
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow~ RIP ... LJFM

BladeLWS

Fri May 26, 2006 8:21 am

The Blue's will not be using a new aircraft for at least the next decade or more.

1) Congress will not approve of using brand new aircraft (JSF's or SuperBugs) for just demo aircraft.

2) All the Blue Angels aircraft didn't come new from the factory, they have all seen fleet service.

3) There are loads upon loads of F18's left in the Navy from which to choose from to replace ones that are worn out or get parts from.

4) It's just not cost effective to change aircraft.

phatalbert

Fri May 26, 2006 2:31 pm

Thanks for sharing... i know they still perform OUTSTANDING.. seen them at Springfield Air Rendevous and one jet had promblems and still flew great.. and i agree there are alot of F-18 still to be used... but wouldnt yah think that bringing up new aircraft would display the ability of the Navy's aircraft?
**Isaac**

HaveBlue

Fri May 26, 2006 2:45 pm

Quoting PhatAlbert (Reply 4):
but wouldnt yah think that bringing up new aircraft would display the ability of the Navy's aircraft?

The Blues have never worried about using the best in their fleet for the demo, nor does their routine, as much as I like it, really display the aircrafts performance to their maximum. As much I like the Blues, and they are my favorite demo team of all, they stayed with the A-4 forever and will stay with the older F-18 forever and use basically the same routine they've used forever... the general public, who they are pandering to for recruitment, is duly impressed and that is, after all, their mission.
Here Here for Severe Clear!

unattendedbag

Fri May 26, 2006 3:09 pm

The Blue Angels are the Navy's demonstration team as you know. The f-18 is the most advanced aircraft the Navy flies. So, until they get a totally new aircraft, we will probably not see a new one for quite a while. Plus, there are enough parts in the desert and in the current fleet to keep them flying for the next century.
Slower traffic, keep right

kc135topboom

Fri May 26, 2006 9:23 pm

Quoting BladeLWS (Reply 3):
1) Congress will not approve of using brand new aircraft (JSF's or SuperBugs) for just demo aircraft.

IIRC, the USAF Thunderbirds F-16C, Block 25 aircraft brand new from the GD factory.

checksixx

Sat May 27, 2006 4:53 am

That was an Air Force decision.

CF188A

Sat May 27, 2006 5:32 am

Given the debt already ... I CAN ASSURE YOU.... you are not going to see the Blue Angels with JSF or F22S, or any other aircraft until their are many to go around. If your lucky... as said they will get super hornets. But keep dreaming. BTW, when do you think the Thunderbirds will change out theirs? 30+ years maybe? If they got them brand new I can again ASSURE you they will also not be getting any new aircraft.
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow~ RIP ... LJFM

checksixx

Sat May 27, 2006 5:53 am

You won't see the teams flying the latest and greatest. Thats not why they exist. They are a recruitment tool.

-Check

EMBQA

Sat May 27, 2006 6:03 am

Quoting BladeLWS (Reply 3):
All the Blue Angels aircraft didn't come new from the factory, they have all seen fleet service

Most of the demo aircraft are well used and ready for retirement. The 'Military Channel' has a good series on the Blues and they talk about this. Even showed them evaluating a new prospect.

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 7):
The USAF Thunderbirds F-16C, Block 25 aircraft brand new from the GD factory.

Are you saying the Thunderbirds are using factory fresh aircraft...??? They rotate out what, every few years...??
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"