visakow

India Vs US

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:12 pm

Iv'e only heard about this the last couple months. Supposedly in the last 6 months the Indian Air Force defeated US fighter pilots in a mock competition. Who was involved, aircraft involved forget web hits what really happened?

dl021

RE: India Vs US

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:29 pm

The IAF and USAF had joint exercises called Cope India and Su-30 v. F-15 exercises took place and the Indians did very well in these exercises. There are questions that some have raised over whether the US forces were sandbagging to get more appropriations for the F-22, or whether the Indians employed the full scope of the abilities of their AA-12 missile/radar systems but both observers and participants agreed that IAF pilots and systems performed better than expected elevating the reputation of the Indian armed forces in the eyes of the professionals who evaluate such things.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

NightHawk117

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:15 am

Refer to this thread on Cope India 2004...good info on the IAF/USAF exercise.

[Edited 2006-06-15 21:18:28]
Team Stealth...when it absolutely, positively HAS to be taken out overnight!

HAWK21M

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:21 pm

I think the Score stood at 2-0 In favour of the IAF.But they were quite Hush over the Issue.Although the Smiles were evident.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

HAWK21M

Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:26 am

Is there another Exercise planned between the IAF & USAF this year.Any details,
regds
MEL

Devilfish

Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:11 am

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 4):
Is there another Exercise planned between the IAF & USAF this year.Any details,

They're planning to join next year.....

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...ans-for-red-flag-nellis-debut.html

Quote:
"The Indian air force is seeking state approval to participate in one of the US Air Force's 'Red Flag Nellis' multinational exercises next year, service head Air Chief Marshal Homi Major has revealed. 'We have bid for one of the world's most sought-after air exercises, and are awaiting clearance from the government of India,' he says.

Conducted from Nellis AFB, Nevada, the exercise series has traditionally been open to NATO member countries and close allies of the USA, such as Israel, but the Indian air force is hoping to participate as it moves to advance interoperability with Western forces."

I don't think there would be any more excuses should this push through - no quarters would be given or taken. redflag  It promises to be a hot topic of discussion on here that might improve on the annual posting of replies for this thread.  Smile

And for the ultimate exercise.....

Quote:
"Meanwhile, Major says the air force has finalised its requirements for a new fifth-generation fighter to be produced in collaboration with Russia. 'It will take five years for development and it will be eight to 10 years before the first fighter takes to the skies,' he says."

http://www.npo-saturn.ru/!new/photoshow.php?slang=0&id=29

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...10&prev_id=1266065&next_id=1260642

http://www.india-defence.com/reports-3577

India, Russia to Sign Pact for Joint Development of Next Generation Fighter Jet - PAK FA

Dated 13/10/2007

Unfortunately, it would be at least 15 years before that happens and A.net might no longer be around - or the exercise might be OBE.  pessimist 
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

HAWK21M

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:14 am

Quoting DEVILFISH (Reply 5):
They're planning to join next year.....

Score stand 2-0 at the moment in favour of IAF I guess  Smile
regds
MEL

Devilfish

Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:06 am

I think a Su-30MKI vs F-15K matchup would be more exciting.....  yes 

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © YK
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Retro 11

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/cgi...bH8AAAEAAC4HIr4AAAAQ&modele=jdc_34

Korea's New Fighter Jets to Join Alliance Training in U.S.
(Source: Korea Overseas Information Service; issued Oct. 30, 2007)

Quote:
Six Korean F-15K Slam Eagle fighter jets will participate in a joint combat training exercise in the United States next year, the Air Force said Tuesday Oct. 30. 'Six F-15Ks are scheduled to join the Red Flag exercise to be held in Nevada from Aug. 9 to 23 next year,' Lt. Col. Moon Chae-wook said.

It would be the first time for Korea to field its new fighter jets in drills involving the air forces of the U.S. and its allies.

[.....]

'We are not sending F-15s deployed here to the Red Flag. Those to be assembled next year in the U.S. will participate in Red Flag and then they will be delivered to Korea,' Moon said. Korean pilots will go to the U.S. to fly the jets during the exercise.

[.....]

Korea's Air Force took part in it from 1979 to 1992 using F-16 Fighting Falcons."

HAWK21M

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Quoting DEVILFISH (Reply 7):
I think a Su-30MKI vs F-15K matchup would be more exciting

Would be keen to hear the results.
regds
MEL

Devilfish

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:39 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 8):

Would be keen to hear the results.

Official restriction on IAF pilots' use of their radars during the exercise would detract somewhat from the outcome.....

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...radars-during-red-flag-nellis.html

Quote:
"India's defence ministry has confirmed that the six Sukhoi Su-30MKI multirole fighters that will participate in 'Red Flag Nellis' manoeuvres at Nellis AFB, Nevada in August 2008 will operate without using their NIIP Bars radars.

'The radar frequencies are top secret, as they can be used to block vital functions of the fighter,' says the Indian air force"

HAWK21M

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:36 am

Understandably they want to keep the secret going.
Maybe they'll restrict the other side Radar too to make it more fair.
regds
MEL