Devilfish

Photos And Video Of First SA Gripen

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:13 am

Flightglobal released these exclusive photos and video of the first South African Air Force Gripen ZA01.....
http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles...e+Saab+Gripen+flies+over+Cape.html

It is noteworthy that SAAB has had some measure of success with this multi-role fighter, also exporting it to the Czech AF and leasing to Hungary. Being previous operators of SAAB equipment and with no obligation to buy the JSF they are partnered with, Denmark and Norway are reportedly also interested. SAAB is pursuing the Indian Air Force tender and actively marketing in South America.

When seen in the light of its sales performance against its contemporaries in roughly the same weight category, the export quantities despite being minimal, are significant. Had Sweden more political and economic clout, the results could be markedly different. Was it just due to generous offset arrangements and easy financing terms? How is the Gripen pricewise, systemwise and performance-wise compared to the F-16 Block 52, MiG 29OVT and Rafale?

I have not come across a recent thread on it here.
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

SAS A340

RE: Photos And Video Of First SA Gripen

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:30 am

I think it,s just as good,at least the latest C/D versions. Personally i think the Gripen is a little bit underestimated  Smile
It's not what u do,it's how u do it!