RichardPrice
Topic Author

Looking For The Red Flag Accident Video

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:35 am

On 'Black Monday', the monday after the first weekend in Red Flag, the crews are made to watch a several minute long video of crashes that have happened at prior Red Flags.

The reason being is that crews are relaxed after a week of combat missions and a weekend out on the town, so historically most of the accidents at Red Flag happen on that day.

It shows things like a HUD camera shot of an aircraft going over a ridge line and hitting a tree head on, and a C-130 coming in for a load drop and hitting the ground on descent.

Does anyone know a location of a copy of this video?

checksixx

RE: Looking For The Red Flag Accident Video

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:22 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see the spectacular crash Langley had there with a -15 years ago...or was that another 'Flag' exercise? Anyone??

-Check

KPDX

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:02 am

Is this the C130 crash you were talking about? I kinda doubt it since it was at Red Flag, this crash is at Ft Bragg.

KPDX  Smile
View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

kc135topboom

Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:55 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Thread starter):
It shows things like a HUD camera shot of an aircraft going over a ridge line and hitting a tree head on, and a C-130 coming in for a load drop and hitting the ground on descent

Quoting KPDX (Reply 2):
Is this the C130 crash you were talking about? I kinda doubt it since it was at Red Flag, this crash is at Ft Bragg.

No, there is another C-130 LAPES crash (at Red Flag) that he is talking about. I believe the HUD camera film is of a USMC F/A-18B crash at Red Flag.

There are other military crash films on line, like the B-52H crash at Fairchild AFB, WA, that rolled to 90 degrees of bank, very low, and sliced through power lines, then crashes onto the ramp.

Lt-AWACS

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:27 am

You want the normally played Elvis soundtrack on it too  Wink
RichardPrice it might take me a few weeks as I have much travel going on the two, but I think I can find a copy. PM me in a week or so about it to remind me.

My favourite part of that video is the near-miss with the bugsmasher and the fastjet. Priceless.

Maple Flag updated their safety video this year and it is not as nasty as years past  Sad

The worst crash film online I've found is the Sukhoi in the Ukraine.
You can see it at www.ogrish.com though be warned it is not for the faint of heart.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,
Capt-AWACS, Je let op drempels
Io voglio fica ogni giorni da mia bella moglie!

TedTAce

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:15 am

Quoting Lt-AWACS (Reply 4):
Sukhoi in the Ukraine

I didn't find any results for Sukhoi and ukraine
This space intentionally left blank

RichardPrice
Topic Author

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:33 am

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 3):

Those are indeed the ones!

Quoting Lt-AWACS (Reply 4):
RichardPrice it might take me a few weeks as I have much travel going on the two, but I think I can find a copy. PM me in a week or so about it to remind me.

Thanks! Muchly appreciated.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 5):
I didn't find any results for Sukhoi and ukraine

Try this link. http://media.putfile.com/Su-27-crash-61

TedTAce

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:35 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 6):
Try this link. http://media.putfile.com/Su-27-crash-61

Damn, that took forever to buffer, and was kind of not worth it if you know what I mean. I guess it's one thing to see people in the process of dying, but the aftermath as shown in that video is just totally unsettling. My condolances to the families that lost loved ones in that event. What ever happened to the pilots? I know one obviously survived (as shown in the video). But what were the re-precussions?
This space intentionally left blank

Boeing4ever

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:25 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 7):
What ever happened to the pilots? I know one obviously survived (as shown in the video). But what were the re-precussions?

Both survived and were sentenced to prison for violating a few Air Force regulations concerning their air display. The General of the Air Force was fired as well.

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane