ZBBYLW
Topic Author

Emotional Tribute To CF Members

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:29 pm

I was browsing around on youtube and found this very well put together video. Videos like these make me proud to be sending in my CF paper work in very shortly. May those CF members in the video, and all other military members who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our way of life rest in peace.

Keep the shinny side up!

dl021

RE: Emotional Tribute To CF Members

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 pm

My heart goes out to the families of the fallen Canadian soldiers. Our closest neighbor is also one of our closest allies....from the fields and beaches of Europe to the mountains of Afghanistan we have learned to value the addition of Canadian soldiers along our ranks in battle.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

KPDX

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:16 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 1):
My heart goes out to the families of the fallen Canadian soldiers. Our closest neighbor is also one of our closest allies....from the fields and beaches of Europe to the mountains of Afghanistan we have learned to value the addition of Canadian soldiers along our ranks in battle.

Ditto, makes me proud to be strong ally with Canada.  Smile

KPDX  Smile
View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

L-188

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:29 pm

A very good presentation very tasteful.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

fridgmus

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:39 am

Very Well Done.

My heartfelt thanks and gratitude to our Canadian Brothers and Sisters who fought and continue to fight beside us. And my heart goes out as well to the families of the Fallen. They will NOT be forgotten.

Respectfully,

Marc Liebhold
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

GDB

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:55 am

CF forces are doing a tremendous job in Afghnistan.
More impressive still, when you consider that they were really seen as pure peacekeeper's by the previous Canadian government, well they can do that, but also full on fighting, a mark of great professionals.

A firm NATO ally, prepared to put men where their policy mouths are, but to carry on doing so when the going gets tough.
Along with some smaller European NATO nations, including very new members, they put certain large European NATO nations, with far greater resources, to shame.

jutes85

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:05 pm

That is a nice tribute.

Too bad they died for a useless cause, IMO.
nothing

GDB

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:09 pm

I don't happen to think that allowing the Taliban to re-gain Afghanistan-with all the evil they'll bring, quite likely allowing a re-newned Al Queda presence too, is a 'useless' cause.
Are our memories so short? Afghanistan was allowed to regree into this state in the 1990's, look what came from that-the Taliban allowing Bin Laden to easily help in planning, funding, training for, major terrorist attacks, culminating in Sept 11th 2001.
Of course, if you think that allowing this, a de-facto huge victory of ultra extreme Islamism over in effect the world, is OK, fine, just don't complain and say 'why did we allow this', when they come calling close to home.
Because they will.
They did before, from Africa to Europe (several major AQ plots were stopped in France and Germany BEFORE Sept 11), to the US to the Far East.

WrenchBender

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:23 am

Quoting ZBBYLW (Thread starter):
I was browsing around on youtube and found this very well put together video

Can you tell me who the poster on YouTube is of that video, i'd like to contact them. I tried searching but couldn't find it myself. Thanks in advance

WrenchBender
Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......

ZBBYLW
Topic Author

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:07 am

Quoting WrenchBender (Reply 8):

Hey WrenchBender, it looks like it is from rousehouse, and here is a link directly to his page. http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=rousehouse
Keep the shinny side up!

ZBBYLW
Topic Author

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:15 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 7):
criticizing

checkmark  Could not have said it better myself, welcome to my RU list.
Keep the shinny side up!

WrenchBender

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:18 am

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 9):
it looks like it is from rousehouse

Thanks, Check out "sidka" he put together some nice tributes as well. (I like his 'Shout' Video)

WrenchBender
Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......

fridgmus

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:09 am

Well said GDB, welcome to my RU list as well!

Jutes85, get a clue. These brave men and women are protecting YOU! You probably don't believe it though.

Marc
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

jutes85

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:45 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 7):
I don't happen to think that allowing the Taliban to re-gain Afghanistan-with all the evil they'll bring, quite likely allowing a re-newned Al Queda presence too, is a 'useless' cause.

Then why is the Taliban and Al-Queda still active and gaining strength in Afganistan? Fact is, we can't stay in Afganistan forever and when we do leave, the Taliban will be back. The invasion was a just cause in the beginning, but the US did not defeat the Taliban and Al Queda, they are both still active. Nice of the US to dump their mistakes onto NATO and move onto Iraq and now Iran possibly next.

Quoting Fridgmus (Reply 12):
Jutes85, get a clue. These brave men and women are protecting YOU! You probably don't believe it though.

Yeah, OK. I wear the same uniform btw.
nothing

Blackbird1331

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:20 am

Jutes85: Good insight. The result of a daydreaming president. Take care of America before we decide to solve the world's problems. The Bush family may be rich. Mine is not.
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

bingo

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:28 am

Quoting Jutes85 (Reply 13):
Then why is the Taliban and Al-Queda still active and gaining strength in Afganistan?

Because you cant fix a problem like that in a matter of months. The invasion forces were able to do something in a matter of weeks what the Soviets couldnt do in decades. Were it not for our "diversion" in Iraq I think the situation there would be further along. Havent we learned by now that 2 front wars dont work that well? Dont expect this to be resolved anytime soon. Its only been going on since the crusades....long before blackbird voted for Bush (twice)  Wink